Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A little odd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: A little odd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess this can be for things that jus seem a bit off with some of the character. I've noticed something, but didn't think it was big enough to have its own seperate thread. So, feel free to add your own thoughts.

I'm on a new game+. I just got to Lunas, and realized that the Prince and Lym don't recognize Haswar. Apparently, they haven't seen her since they were infants.

So, tell me, why would a relative who loves children go so long without ever seeing them? I realize she may not leave Lunas, but wouldn't they go and visit family? Especially when you are pretty much the next town over. Doesn't this seem odd to anyone else? It be like living 4 blocks from your aunt, who adores you, and not seeing her for 12 years..

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Arshtat and Ferid were aware of Haswar's deadly Hug of Death, and wanted to spare their children the spinal column damage that usually follows.

^Actual quote!
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats the reason if I remember the fact she has her duties and did not have time and something happened between her and Arshat if I remember correctly too which made her distance herself from her sister.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lym is busy with studies and such since she's becoming the next Queen, and the Prince is too busy(apparently as an errand boy). Besides, as the Royal Family they also have events or whatever that they have to attend(like the Sacred Games, though that's a terrible exmple), and Lunas isn't a good spot for such things.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Aunt lives a few miles away and I haven't visited her for years.

But anyway...I also think it's because they have their own separate duties and did not have the time to see each other. I mean...I doubt people often said "oh! let's go visit your relative 'so-and-so' since we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO tomorrow...oh but they might be busy for the next 6 months working/doing stuff but that's ok!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All that said, yes, it really did strike me odd at the time. I mean, they really are so close...
Then again, almost all of my extended family now lives in the same state as I currently do, and it got to the point where we were lucky if we saw them at the 4th of July and Christmas. And the closest of them was about 15 minutes away! (Granted, we never really thought about having people over because we were the only member of our family here for years and years. So we just don't think of it, you know?)
Anyway...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's common to show off children when they're babies. Since the royal family has attendants and bodyguards, it is not as if they were in desperate need of another babysitter to look after the kids.

Doesn't strike me as odd at all though. When you can go anytime to do something, it takes away the "specialness" of doing it. It's not an effort really. The same goes for seeing family. You think that they're always going to be there, so there's no rush, whereas if they live far away, then it takes a lot more effort to go there and limits your opportunities due to time and/or cost so you take advantage of those opportunities more often.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, you have to consider the politics. Haswar was the daughter of Shrewahr and Mardas Godwin, while Arshtat was the daughter of Falzrahm and Kauss Barows. Haswar voluntarily distanced herself from politics and went as far as saying she wouldn't have any children, just to make sure there won't be any further causes for political upheavals.

So any close relations between Haswar and Arshtat (or Sialeeds) would have had some sort of political consequences due to Haswar being a Godwin relative, while Arshtat is a Barows relative. With Godwins and Barows already at each other's throats, the royals likely tried what they can to limit causing any further political stirs.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a question about Lyon. When you hire Oboro to look into the riot from 2 years ago, he gladly agree's. As you're leaving, Lyon turns and says "Huh? What is?" even though nothing is said. Oboro seems confused, and then Lyon apologies, saying "I don't know what came over me."

My memory is foggy, I dunno if this "mystery" is solved in the game (I have like 250 hours on my game, so its preeeetty spread out over the year or so) Does anyone know what she is referring to, or what she heard?

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's probably a poor translation and the scene is a hint at Oboros past as one of the heads of Nether Gate.

Lyon probably recognizes him somewhat due her being an ex-Nether Gate but she was rescued by Ferid when she was very little so her memories should be foggy if she didn't spend much time around him. She could also be recognizing Shigure and Saigiri.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
It's probably a poor translation and the scene is a hint at Oboros past as one of the heads of Nether Gate.

Lyon probably recognizes him somewhat due her being an ex-Nether Gate but she was rescued by Ferid when she was very little so her memories should be foggy if she didn't spend much time around him. She could also be recognizing Shigure and Saigiri.

Ahh true, those points totally slipped my mind. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
So any close relations between Haswar and Arshtat (or Sialeeds) would have had some sort of political consequences due to Haswar being a Godwin relative, while Arshtat is a Barows relative. With Godwins and Barows already at each other's throats, the royals likely tried what they can to limit causing any further political stirs.

Yeah. It is likely the Godwins and Barows would have fed on Haswar being close to the children as well, in a way, Haswar made a sacrifice to ensure that the entire royal family would not be abused as it had been in the past ever again. Although, her ending in Suikoden V suggests otherwise...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because the house of lords has been disbanded, and thus Haswar no longer needs to sacrifice herself for the interest of the state.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's something that struck me as odd;

Gizel Godwin was already the chosen husband of Lym, why didn't he just sit back and wait for the throne to pass to her officially and then take up his role as leader of the queens knights? What did he really gain from making the move so fast that he wouldn't have gained if he'd sat back and bided his time. I mean, he could have even just sat back and had Ferid or Arshtat assassinated at his leisure, what was the rush?

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Godwins' activites during the Sacred Games had alerted the royal family to their plotting, which is why the incredibly impulsive Gizel acted quickly upon his father's warning of alienating and making an enemy out of the prince. If he sat back who knows what may have happened, Ferid and Arshtat may have lived for a long time and I'm not sure Gizel was patient enough to wait that long, especially when either could have placed several obstacles in his way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: