Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Google Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okely Dokely, i'll just have to try this out myself.

At first, i tried out my full name: "Imad ur Rahman Khan". This happens. I can't get into those first two sites, but i know that i used to be a member in the Narutolounge forums, but i left that in disgust. But why are these realted to tax details? In Michigan??

If i shorten it to "Imad Khan", it turns out that there are a ton of poeple named like me! There's one in Melbourne, another in New York state, and another one with this 1UP page. Another one did a text book "Knowledge Extraction from a Mixed Transfer Function Artificial Neural Network" :? Who knew that there was so many me's?

If i search for "Starslasher", I get this. there is apparently a Starslasher in world of warcraft, in a "bloodbath" guild or sorts. But i had never played World of Warcraft, ever. Only the games. there's one in Fanfics.org :| Not me, again.
I did not know that there was a weapon in Star Wars named a StarSlasher.

Well, this was certainly interesting for me...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Okely Dokely, i'll just have to try this out myself.

At first, i tried out my full name: "Imad ur Rahman Khan". This happens. I can't get into those first two sites, but i know that i used to be a member in the Narutolounge forums, but i left that in disgust. But why are these realted to tax details? In Michigan??

Wow, that would certainly make me start to think. The fact that your full name came up, what are the odds. I mean, it certainly isn't a common name here in the states. Ha, watch out for identity theft, you may have someone out their living your life, and you could owe some cash! :*laugh*:

"Identitiy theft is a serious problem Jim! Millions of families suffer from it every year!" (a quote from The Office, couldn't resist)

But seriously, maybe get a check done on your name? Everyone assume sit can't happen tot hem, but, it does.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine comes out pretty well, when Hayashi Ujitsuna is searched in speech marks (so that theres no other Hayashis or Ujitsunas showing up), the only names that show up are me. Also, I noticed in this search that k4in has me listed as one of his "posting idols" on a different board, I love you too big guy. :P
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I enter my real name I come up with a minster in my country who has given over $2 million to many charities.
When I enter zincbrain the first thing I get is a book that I have. Strange isn't it?
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Results 1 - 10 of about 6,660 for Fudozukushi

forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=46682

First thing that pops up is my animesuki profile, which is odd beyond words since I have only nine or so posts their but whatever.

boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/tracker?user.id=677347

Second thing is far more reasonable since I do have a nice amount of posts on the [as] message boards.

And now for my only other screen name I've ever used!

Results 1 - 10 of about 4,270
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Nathan Oravetz" in quotes pops out 48 results, all tied with Wikipedia, Last.fm, and GameFAQs.

Shad4k on the other hand seems to have made a name for himself with 4,440 hits on a username I can't imagine other people using.

My name and screen name are both too uncommon to churn out any results unrelated to me that I could easily find, granted I didn't scan through all 4,500. I am a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Fudozukushi

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it seems the reason that Fudozukushi has so many hits is because every single post on the [as] message boards counts as a separate entity on Google. That is odd? Awesome? Scary? Well whatever it is, without the [as] stuff included my other name takes over as having more hits about it.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus made a huge name for himself, scoring 4,850,000 results. :P I get a bunch of stuff... well, mostly religious stuff. Apparently my Suikox persona isn't famous enough for Google. When I type in "Angelus suikox" I get Due Fiumi. Huh.

For my name I just get blogs and stuff like that, who cares. I do get a personal website though. :P

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stopped posting my real name on the internet completely after I've become a victim of identity theft twice (I got all my money back, but it was a real hassle). You really don't wanna post your real name or any other personal details, such as birth dates, where you were born, your mom's maiden name, what car you drive (used to drive), your sibling's names and your picture on public forums (I'd even be careful in non-public areas). Clever people can easily make fake IDs using photos gathered from the internet, let alone credit cards.

Consider this--when I applied for a new credit card via phone, the questions they asked to verify my identity was "what model car from the following five choices did you own 10 years ago?" "out of the next five places, where did your sister live 5 years ago?" "which of the next five is your mother's maiden name?" All of this info wouldn't be too hard to obtain, in actuality. Where my sister lived and my mother's maiden name can be found in public records, and as for what car I used to own, I've mentioned it a couple of times online (in journals, for example), and I'm sure there are ways to figure out who owned what car in the past using the various "search services" out there.

Google is a great tool to find out secrets about people for sure. I know various companies put potential candidates' names into google to see what they can find. Even some highly humiliating rant you wrote on someone else's blog (which you can't erase) 10 years ago may be found. Technology continues to improve, and a lot of info can be gathered about you without you even knowing.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I write my username into Google, I come across several of my profile pages. However, there is also a bodybuilder who uses the same alias... That's why I have to register as "Lord Vertius" sometimes, because my standard is already taken.

As for my real name, none of my information comes up. I found out that someone with my same name is currently in fighting in Iraq, but beyond that, nothing. When I wrote "needs" after wards, I found out I need to learn how to count, and that I need coffee. How peculiar.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a pretty unique name so if something comes up it would be to do with me, thankfully nothing does show. Phew!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

googling this username brings you horrid llamadramalulzpain. googling my real name I found someone else with the name. it feels weird crossing paths with someone with your name. In one way I feel slight offended and like someone is apporching on me, as me. This is my tag, my calling my identy. this is what I am callled. No wonder some people change their names to frutiy names, or adopt pen names.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My full name, exactly as is, turns up no results. If I leave it without quotes in google, I get a bunch of sites that have absolutely nothing to do with me. I get a bunch of sites related to universities thanks to my middle name and lists of names all over the place because a few people share at least one of my names. Nothing spectacular.

My first & last name turns up a family tree page for some guy born in 1938 who shares those (but not the middle name) and my university's honor roll page, which is about me. Then there's a bunch of sites that either have my first or my last name in them.

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since people were talking about it I decieded to try checking my full name in Google. I ended up with 1,810 hits if I used quotation marks, and 212,000 hits without. Considering what my name is though it's not a surprise at all.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

without quotes I get 768 Hits for my Real Name. With quotes you get 5. My Last name is really uncommon which would make sense. Its cool, a Swiss Pro Skiier has the same name as me.

Also if you google my name, the first hit, is actually a summary of my trip to Japan. Thats cool my teacher posted it online..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: