Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you listening to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ensiferum are Finnish mate.

Song: The Path
Band: Wolfchant
Album: A Pagan Storm
Year: 2007
Style: viking metal/"pagan metal"
Origin: Germany
Song Rating: 7/10
Album Rating: 7.5/10
Comments: "Pagan metal" has only recent come to find a definition, and I'm not yet quite sure what that definition is. These guys sound exactly like Enisferum to me (wrote that before I read GreyWulf's post!), and Ensiferum in my mind has since day one been viking metal. I mean, neither sound anything like Hammerheart, but what does? Quorthon may have defined viking metal as a theme, but when I place a sound to it it's always that raw folky power metal with growls. I've lately noticed tags popping up labeling such bands as "pagan metal" instead. Whether pagan metal is another ideology or another sound, I really don't know. Anyway Wolfchant sound like Ensiferum. Can't go wrong there. 7.5's a really decent rating coming from me, especially having only heard the album twice.
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Contact
Band: Falling Up
Album: Dawn Escapes
Year:
Style: rock
Origin: US
Song Rating: 8/10
Album Rating: 8.5/10
Comments: This is a Christian group that has some pretty nice music and lately I have gotten hooked with them and I have no regret what so ever. I would advise anyone to download some songs and find out for yourselves.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Year 2000 Non-Compliant Cardia
Band: Mogwai
Album: Come On Die Young
Year: 1999
Style: Post-Rock
Origin: Glasgow, Scotland
Comments: If you dig post-rock, you will dig Mogwai. Actually, if you are anything of a post-rock fan, you would know and enjoy Mogwai. Great, spacey...atmospheric post-rock. Great stuff, and this may be my favorite album of theirs.

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Close Your Eyes
Band: Jump, Little Children
Album: Magazine
Year: September 1, 1998
Style: Pop
Origin: US
Song Rating: 9/10
Album Rating: of what I've heard: 10/10
Comments: Jump Little Children is one of my favorite bands. I wish they had been more popular so I could find more of their songs online. I like every one of the songs I've heard from this album and I've heard most of them. All Those Days Are Gone, Cathedrals, My Guitar, Come Out Clean, Say Goodnight; all amazing songs with amazing vocals and complete instrumentals. I can't think of anything I'd add to any of their songs, which says a lot about the quality of their music and the caliber of their musicianship.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Let's Climb that Hill
Album: Gensou Suikoden II Music Collection
Genre: Classical
Rating: 10/10
A classical guitar piece of remarkable timbre and feel, this is easily one of my favourites in my entire music collection. It is peaceful and stirring at the same time and reminds me of certain times that are now long past.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've still yet to get in to Mogwai. I have no idea why. One of these days I'll sit down and really listen to them proper. I've had their whole discography for probably five years or so.

Song: The Call of the Wintermoon
Band: Immortal
Album: Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism
Year: 1992
Style: black metal
Origin: Norway
Album Rating: 10/10
Comments: Immortal are one of the founding fathers of the second (and infinitely superior) wave of black metal. 1992 was an amazing year in the metal universe. Wrath of the Tyrant, A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Dark Endless, and Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism took the world by storm, while De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and Det Som Engang Var were realities at least in the studio. Of that initial blast Immortal's debut full length opus takes one of the higher pedestals. For defining the style of music that I love above and beyond all others, and for doing a damn fine job of it to boot, this album gets a 10 out of 10 from me.
DameGreyWulf

7641 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad wrote:
Ensiferum are Finnish mate.

WAIT
YEAH
THAT'S WHAT I MEANT LOL
(what the hell was I thinking? 8D; *edits*)
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is probably the first and last time you'll see me post in here...
but right now I'm listening to this:
Epitaph is Told(Ovan Theme .hack//GU Trance remix)

=p It's "fan-made". Everytime I listen to it it makes me laugh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: December
Artist: Collective Soul
Album: Collective Soul (1995)
Style: Grunge-Blues Rock
Origin: Stockbridge, Georgia (I thought it was Chicago...)
Rating: 9/10
Comments: Scream 2 was on all day yesterday and I watched it with my roommates. Two thoughts emerged in my head; 1) "I used to find this crap scary and entertaining? Wow..." (though it's still better than about 95% of all the thrillers that did and still to this day succeed it) and 2) "Man, that Collective Soul self-titled album was a pretty solid record, I used to have it, maybe I still do?" (The answer is no). This was probably the biggest and most enduring song off that record, and everybody around in 1995 knows it. I love the very simplistic arpeggio riff throughout and minimalist drumming.

Song: Let's All Make Believe
Artist: Oasis
Album: Standing on the Shoulder of Giants (Japan Only) (2000)
Style: Brit Rock
Origin: Manchester
Rating: 8/10
Comments: A fellow Oasis fanatic I know lives by this song and sent me a copy. A very solid track that features most of the familiar Oasis elements, but I still think it's not as good as the Stop the Clocks B-Side version of The Masterplan.

Song: Redefine
Artist: Incubus
Album: S.C.I.E.N.C.E (1997)
Style: Funk-Rap-Hard Rock
Origin: Calabasas, California
Comments: A very cool hard-rock offering from a band that (while I still love them) has been teetering dangerously close to the emo side the last few albums. This is just a great driving track that features the familiar elements of old-school Incubus; that's right, Brandon near-rapping the lyrics, Dirk playing a ton of slap bass and Mike using distortion up the wazoo. Still though, its a great song, and while I generally prefer 'newer' Incubus (The funky, rocked out S.C.I.E.N.C.E is my second favorite album behind the mellow, relaxing Morningview by quite a fair margin), its something that any fans of their newer generation stuff should be able to get into no problem.
Silphatos

Zephyr's Wind

6099 Potch
6 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hummm my musical style it's quite confuse hehe
I'm currently listening:

Angra:

- Ego Painted Gray
- Late Rendeption
- Heroes of Sand
- Wishing Well

Stratovarius:

- Eternity
- Hunting High and Low
- Find your own Voice

Breaking Benjamin:

- Diary of Jane
- Firefly

Lost Prophets:

- Broken Hearts and Torn up Letter....
- Rooftop
- Wake Up (Make a move)

And Xenogears OST =)
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been listening to music almost non-stop today since a couple hours. These are the guys I've been listening to, which are, surprisingly enough, not that many.

-Led Zeppelin: I've been listening to their BBC Sessions album a lot lately.

- Enrique Bunbury: A Spanish singer/songwriter who deals mostly with rock, which he mixes with a myriad of other influences like tango, tropical sounds and Spanish folk music. He's the lead singer of the band Heroes del Silencio(well, back when they were together), whose song Avalancha is featured as a bonus track in Guitar Hero 3

- Nacho Vegas: Another Spanish singer/songwriter who's music is a sort of a rock/folk hybrid. I've disvovered him quite recently and I've pretty much fallen in love with his very melancholic melodies and lyrics. Something about him just gets to me. His influences, to my knowledge, include Bob Dylan and Townes Van Zandt. I believe he did a cover of a Van Zandt song called Fare Thee Well Miss Carrousel, though I'm unsure if it really is a cover(translated to Spanish) or not.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: N.O.D.
Artist: Down
Album: Down III: Over The Under
Style: Rock/Metal
Origin: New Orleans
Rating: 7/10
Comments: I haven't really been listening to one specific song though, I've been listening to the album over a few times to become familiar with the songs themselves. A few tracks have really stood out from the album (N.O.D. is good), but it doesn't seem to be quite as good as the previous efforts. I went to see them playing live last year... was good.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Phish_Skeyls

^_^

602024 Potch
0 Soldiers
173262 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"The Take over, the Breaks Over" - Fall Out Boy
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song: Vain Glory Opera (Live)
Artist: Edguy
Album: Burning Down the Opera
Style: Power Metal
Origin: Germany
Rating: 10/10
Comments: The live version of my favourite Edguy song, its the sort of live performance i wish i was at. Utterly epic music from perhaps one of Germany's best Metal Bands, complete with you usual "wwwoooaah" sining parts where they get the crowd involved :). I like the live version alot better for the atmosphere compared to the studio version.

Song: The Light That Blinds
Artist: Shadows Fall
Album: The War Within
Style: Metal
Origin: Springfield, Mass USA
Comments: Have been listening to my Shadows Fall albums all week after I saw them on Wednesday in Manchester. TLTB starts so softly then kicks into the melodic heavy metal riffs, it works so well and is a great way for them to come on stage. Very talented band with two very awesome guitarists and not the mention the singers stupidly long dreadlocks. Very nice song great for the moshing.

Song: Blood Bound
Artist: Hammerfall
Album: Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
Style: Power Metal
Origin: Sweden
Rating: 8/10
Comments: Sweden's resident cool Power Metal Band, powerful song with the always powerful Joacim Cains giving brilliant vocals on top of a solid band performance, in my oppinion one of the bands anthems.[/b]

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm listening to The Sins' new (kind of) album Wincing the Night Away. All of their albums are fantastic, so it's hard to really say which one is the 'best'-- but I have listened to this one more than any of the others, so it's safe to say that I rather enjoy it. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: