Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you hate Snowe? <possible spoilers>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you hate that wimp?
Yes, I hate him with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns.
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
No, hes ok.
59%
 59%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 144

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Black Knight, Thats my main reason I hate him.

Snowe:Wahhhh my arm I cant use it wahhh.

Harukaze you do have a point though, but I did not know Katrina was Glens daughter I thought they were lovers or something.

if anyone wanted to know I executed Snowe the 1st time, heh heh, but i did not save.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
Harukaze you do have a point though, but I did not know Katrina was Glens daughter I thought they were lovers or something.

Yeah, the game kinda bails out on explaining that. If there's a scene where she admits it, I haven't seen it. But the official Konami site says it about her; kinda an important detail they forgot to tell us, don't you think?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:

Yeah, the game kinda bails out on explaining that. If there's a scene where she admits it, I haven't seen it. But the official Konami site says it about her; kinda an important detail they forgot to tell us, don't you think?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never knew that she was his daughter. She doesn't look much like him.

Can anyone describe the scene that occurs when you decide to execute Snowe? I didn't do it and I'm curious.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow to double posts right after eachother must be related to the error i reported.

And yea Snowe is just a huge wuss and i deep inside wanted to see his head cut off.....whaaaa ahhhhhhhh....yea

I also would like to see the scene but i needed to get all 108 stars of destiny.

Quote:
Can anyone describe the scene that occurs when you decide to execute Snowe? I didn't do it and I'm curious.

Ill double that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lerayl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you execute him the first time: he says he understands and then reminiscizes about the night you and he graduated together and wonders how things wound up like this before the sound of a sword slicing.

As a pirate: Long silence, then he says about how happy he was when you and he were training together and asks if it was the same for you. Sword swish.

At the end, roughly - "Oh, it must feel good to be you right now... as for me, the happiest days of my life were back when we were trainees together. I guess it's something you only realize in hindsight. Looking back, I was... such a fool..." (You can also see the four friends from Razril reacting here - Paula's looking away, Jewel is crying, etc...)

I don't think it's fair to dismiss the boy as a "huge wuss", personally. He honestly has a lot of good qualities, but they can be hard to see beyond him struggling (and failing) to live up to the expectations he's put up against. He's just very human, and I found his struggle to come to terms with himself to be the most affecting part of the game.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the information. I thought Snowe would have been more of a coward if he was sentenced to be executed.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As well thanks for the information, sounds interesting i think ill try that next time through.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I do not think it is quite fair to say he told out Razril to Kooluk without taking into consideration the factors there. Kooluk had a very real fleet that posed a very real danger, and Gaien has proven itself to be so weak that they will give up territory to Kooluk just to keep the peace. So Snowe could watch the people he is honorbound to protect be killed in senseless battle, or he could sue for peace the best way he knew how. Yeah, he sold out. But come on, give credit where credit's due: he didn't sell out for personal reasons, he sold out for the protection of his people. Once you realize that, you realize that is his true turning point, the first true act of nobility in him, not another mark against him.

The Raziril citizens and most suikoden 4 game players saw poor Snowe's act of handing over Raziril as an action for personal gain. :(
Lerayl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't call going from the Commander of the Gaien Knights to being Kooluk's lackey much of a promotion. Snowe made a stupid, stupid call - he lacked both the foresight to understand how his people would react and was too naive to realize Kooluk would treat the citizens badly - but he sincerely thought he was doing what was best for the people of Razril. He meant well, was trying to protect them from violence and Iluya's fate, it was just... he didn't know what he was doing or the full implications of the situation, like so many other occasions through the game.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are very correct Lerayl. Snowe meant well, but is not the best at making good choices.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I executed him 1sr and I heard the swish, i got a fuzzy feeling inside kindalike when Glen punched Snowe right in the FACE! on that note Glen is my favorite Suikoden character not because he punched Snowe its because he was a thoughtful leader and such.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, you're pretty unforgiving, aren't you, Croix?

Anyway, yes, Child of The Sea God, the citizens of Razril saw the act poorly because they thought he got more out of it than he did. He didn't actually get -anything- out of the deal for himself though, did he? Nothing -we- saw. Lerayl has it exactly: he wasn't really promoted at all, but was rather demoted as a result. Lerayl, I do have a problem with one point you said though, how he didn't know the citizens of Razril would be mistreated. Perhaps I remember things poorly since it's been awhile, but I don't remember them being mistreated at all. Wasn't that one of the big saving graces of Razril's new governor, that he treated everyone fairly? I rather thought it was the -idea- of occupation that had the citizens of Razril so riled up, not the actual -conditions- of said occupation.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there's a part of the game that katarina is Glen's daughter I think Katarina will confess it in the confession room.

Well for Snowe I don't really hate him I think his just confused making the wrong decision like selling razril to kooluk and His just misunderstood. Yeah I agree with Harukaze that he is the most human of them all.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not forgiving when it comes to an EVIL Suikoden character like Kenji who lost his title of my most hated Suikoden character.

Thing about Snowe is hes a scardey cat when Brandeau attacks and he sells Razril out to Kooluk=EVILLL!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: