Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Folklore

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Folklore Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Folklore is a PS3 Japanese-developed action game that has been released in said country some days ago. It was only announced fairly recently, but didn't really garner much attention. After looking into some detail from the Japanese release, I found myself rather excited to play it.

One thing that intrigues me, as well as two others on this board, no doubt, is that it's based in Ireland. The story outline is as follows. The main character is a Miss Ellen Reid, who lives in Dublin. Her mother died when she was young, and her only memory of her is the stories she used to tell her, about a place named "Lemrick," where, as is said, "the living could meet the dead." One day, she receives a letter from her dead mother, telling her to come to the village of Lemrick, which happens to be in County Kerry. She travels there straught away, desperate to find her mother. Elsewhere, a man named Keat, an journalist who writes about the Occult, receives a phonecall from what sounds like Ellen, asking for help. He travels to Lemrick, and meets her there. Together, they are able to enter the Netherworld, and I'm avoiding any more story details myself.

As I've said, it's been released in Japan recently, and a demo preceded it, which can be downloaded from the Japanese PSN store. There was very positive feedback from the demo, and Weekly Famitsu reviewed the final game some time ago, giving it a 9/9/8/9/ score.

One of the game's features include it's Sixaxis controller support. As a part of defeating enemies, it is necessary to pull their souls from their bodies. This is done by pulling backwards with the controller, and I'm told it's a well implemented feature.

A trailer was released some time ago, which I'll link to here, in two resolutions.

Official Japanese Trailer in Standard Definition
Official Japanese Trailer in High Definition

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

9.0 from ign, I doubt it'll be rated above 85% when more reviews come out but it should be a solid game, its a shame that it's not more of a RPG to break the early RPGs on a new consol will always suck trend.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohh, there's a topic. I'm totally getting this one when it comes out! I know I'm jobless now and my wallet is getting emptier and emptier by the day, but I just can't pass up this one.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:o ahh...this game...I saw an ad in the store for it...looked very...pretty
I think this might be the game to make me go get a PS3

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this one.

I played the demo of it a few weeks back and wasn't expecting much, but now I keep replaying it every so often. It's good fun even if a bit repetitive, but it should be much more enjoyable with the full game and more than... five Folks to use.
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Checked out the trailers, it looks like it'd be a pretty damn cool game.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only a 7.0 score from gamespot, which would have been a pretty good review in my mind for a game like this, I do expect better than that now if and when I get to play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: