Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Zodiac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Zodiac Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So ... anyone watched (or want to watch) this movie? It is based on a true story which has always been a good way to get me to watch movies. XD I have just watched it and I think it is a very good movie with one little annoying thing that can be ignored if I chose to.

I'll avoid spoilers unless someone has watched it and would like to discuss about the movie.

But in general, it is about a serial killer who called himself as Zodiac. And yeah, you guessed it, the good guys are trying to solve the mystery of who Zodiac is.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds interesting, so I might try and catch the movie when I have the time. I'm a big fan of horror/thriller/mystery movies.

Although I admit I do like his alias, Zodiac sounds cool. I like the fact that it's based on a real life event though. I hope I'll get a chance to see it soon~

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I generally have a hard time sitting through movies, but this one didn't bore me to tears. It seemed pretty long, but there was enough in it to keep me interested. I'd certainly not watch it again, but I didn't feel like I was wasting my money or anything. If you like mystery type horror films, you may enjoy this.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad, now that you mentioned it, I too felt that the movie felt long. I don't exactly know how long it was (couldn't be bothered checking the movie length), but I do remember being "Man ... when will this end and we get to know who Zodiac is?" while watching the movie. Of course about like 20 minutes later, the movie ended. XD

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recommend learning a bit about the Zodiac killer before seeing the movie or you'll probably get the wrong impression from it.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No i have not seent his movie yet. I will give it a look though.

*looks around* blink blink

No spolier free review from Tull yet! *Gasp*
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL, I haven't seen yet though it's something I'll probably enjoy better on my home theater system than in the theaters. From what I could gather from friends and like-minded reviewers who have seen it the film shows a lot of maturity and restraint from David Fincher as a director. The movie itself doesn't have the unique look that Fight Club and Panic Room had which is now known as the Fincher-look.

He actually seems to have made a straight movie with little or no camera tricks. From what I could see from clips of the film he hasn't desaturated the look to give everything a certain tint to it. He also has been said in Zodiac to giving the movie a 70's throwback look which has a more realistic look to the film. This movie sure does look like it could've been made during the 70's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: