Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV Instruction Booklet [NO SPOILERS]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Suikoden IV Instruction Booklet [NO SPOILERS] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finaly went out today and spent my birthday money on a copy of Suikoden IV. I open up the case, and my instruction manual smells very much like fish. I found this funny conisdering the game takes place at sea and such. Did anyone else have this happen to them?
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha are you serious? No i can't say that mine smelled anything like fish although you could be the rare winner of some odd prize, lol. If it smells really bad i would inquire at the store you bought it from, though i doubt they would do anything if it was sealed when you bought it.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Rincewind

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously, it smells like fish. Sadly, the internet only allows stuff for the sense of site and sound, otherwise I would totally post this smell for all of you.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine doesn't smell like fish... but it does feel different that the other game manuals, a rougher texture of sorts. I suppose to match the new location for the game, during a time of pirates, sea-monsters, treasure hunting, exploration and, well, general rough-housing and the manual was designed to reflect that.

I found it a nice touch, and made me more eager to play the game as I looked through it. Though some parts of the manual were misleading.

But I'm wondering if the PAL regions got the same manual as the NTSC region...
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found it to be pretty similar to the other ones I own. It had the "New Game Manual" smell. No fishes here.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha fish thats funny. Well mine just had the plain New Manual smell, and well maybe it was some kind of prize, or maybe it had something to do with the store you bought it from as Barbarosa Rugner thought.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rincewind

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought it from a Blockbuster (a video rental store for all you non-US people). Last time I checked, Blockbuster didn't sell fish, and it was in plastic wrap with the sticker on top. Perhaps mind was imported from the Island Nations themselves.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or perhaps Blockbuster repackages previously used games. Some companies do. Not sure they always -tell- you, either, if it's in "good enough" condition.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok.....I'm highly disturbed right now, this is so wrong on to many levels.
but now i'm tempted to sniff my book.

I think Ecco the Dolphin smelling like fish makes more sence matter of fact.
if this wasn't so cute in all it stupidy I'd say this post is stupid.
Suikox.com needs a chat room for these kind of things. the moment dosen't last forever, but maybe its a good thing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rincewind

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Or perhaps Blockbuster repackages previously used games. Some companies do. Not sure they always -tell- you, either, if it's in "good enough" condition.

The whole package went through my inspection, I can't find any trace of it being pre-played. Wow, I think I am going to go test this instuction book on my cat and see if he likes it. I'll take a video of it if anything interesting hapens.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield, Im not sure about the Instruction Manual but i have seen the cover of the game in stores, its certainly rougher than my NTSC version.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine just smelled like plastic. Strange. I've gotten that semi-fishy smell from a couple of game manuels, though. I think it's just a combination of stale air and plastic-y smell.

My manual doesn't feel very tough, either; it just feels like standard grade manual strength paper. Honestly, I don't remember the manual being notable in many ways except that I was pretty disapointed it wasn't in color.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Sophita, my manual was in colour, so I guess that's a yes on different manuals for different regions.

The feel in the manual I have, at least, is noticably different from the usual 'smooth-shiny' style paper used for every other manual. That's why it stood out when I took it out of the case. It also had a fold-out thing in the middle. One side being a Suikoden IV banner and the other one advertising some other Konami RPG.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I thought it wasn't in color. Let me check.

Yeah I just pulled it out and it is most definately black and white, except for the cover. Front cover has the picture of Hero IV with an arm raised with Snowe above him and Troy below; the back cover is an advertisement for Ys: The Ark of Napishtim. No pull outs or anything; the manual is not much to look at.

I'm from the U.S., so I guess either we got the bad looking one or my region just got hosed. :/

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I am severly disturbed now.

First of all Rincewind, Why are you smelling your instruction booklet in the first place? haha

Second, this thread intriqued me and got me curious so I smelled mine, and IT SMELLS LIKE FISH!!

:shock: :?

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: