Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are the capitals of all the nations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright now, lets keep it on a friendly level. There is good reason for Duck Village being the capital of Grasslands and that is because it is the hardest to get to from any side and it makes it hard for any other nation to cut off other regions from you capital (as opposed to having your capital on the edge of your kingdom and cutting off the rest of the nation with a loss or two.

The locations of the capitals here at suikox and in the actual games can vary depending on the Nation Leaders. They can either be nostalgic, thus picking the capital from the games or they can pick the most desirable spot strategy wise. Of course there are exceptions and sometimes both of those happen to be in the same location or the Nation Leader just feels like they like the name of a certain place the best and go with that. It is of no real consequence asides from the battles. As far as the games are concerned, there really is no capital of the Grasslands. When all has been said, the facts remain facts and I really see little to no purpose in this thread remaining open any more as the initial question has been answered.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheNeclord wrote:
Milan Fiori wrote:
You grasslanders are really so sad. :P

You "Sexeners" are really sad yourselves :P

Point. :lol:

Duck Lake does fine in all aspects, it just isn't a very large place, which takes away from some of its allure. For example, no-one can claim that L'Renouille isn't an obvious capital city. But nowhere in the Grasslands is.

I suppose you'll have to take Vinay del 'Sexay' someday to have a 'real' capital. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is on a friendly level Black Fang, If I wanted to be unfriendly it would not have ended in a *:P* that is for sure.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that and I understand what both of you are saying. Just thought I'd let you know that others might take offence at that. Best to be careful. Read my signature and it'll be clearer. :wink:

I do believe this thread has outlived its usefulness though.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*beats TheNeclord up with a rubber duckie*

Ahem, yes, let us not start a fight now... We're fighting on the battlefield soon. :mrgreen:

Now, my dear John Layfield.... I don't really see how this is any of your business to begin with. You should really not involve yourself with Grasslands or Zexen since we're nowhere near you and concentrate more on L'Renouille, which might become Jowston territory soon.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, too, feel great shame for my actions which included maintaining that Duck Lake is a fine capital for the Grasslands and, um, replacing 'Zexay' with 'Sexay' as a reference to the Zexen in-joke.

While these actions were truely heinous, and obviously reflect on me as a whole as a horrible, horrible member, I'll try and redeem myself by not refering to anything, at all, ever again. Sorry. :(
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*blinks... then blinks some more* Did I miss something here...?

EDIT: *blinks even more* Okay, I know I missed something now. The post I was responding to isn't there anymore. *prods Gaara carefully with a stick* Everything okay dude? Didn't sound like yourself there for a moment.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I editted my post because I realized I sounded like a hypocrite, and realized that Milan Fiori and TheNeclord were only joking, and not actually flaming.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just wondering on whether the capital city was assigned by SARSadmin or by the choice of the nation leaders.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin chose the capitals, but the Nation Leaders can change it. At the moment though I think all the capitals are the perfect choices.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna agree that logically Duck Village is the best Capitol of the Grasslands. It's a nice, centralized location, an equal distance from Harmonia and Zexen. I don't think we've even seen Safir yet, and Chisha is too close to Harmonia. There is no Karaya left, so really, what else is it going to be?

I thought I also heard that the village sinks and floats at certain times, does anybody know if this is true?

And Gaara, you need to tell me about that in joke someday :)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I thought I also heard that the village sinks and floats at certain times, does anybody know if this is true?

Yes, but we only saw it in the Suikoden III manga.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, well, hm, that's all well and good, but now let's turn the topic to more practical matters. For example, can anyone draw me a map to Grand Rustagne? Does it even have a real location? Was it made up...better not be; how can you capture something ephemeral? Anyone who can tell me where in heaven's name it is I will give a soldier. :mrgreen: Please?

Edit: Wait a sec... found it on the war map. :lol: My bad.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cant really see a problem with the Duck Clan village being the capital.
Its classed as a fortress isnt it?
Its surrounded by water isnt it?

A major pain in the neck for any enemy to try and take.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only other possibility for a capital in all of the Grasslands would be the Great Hollow, and that's on our border [or has been since the capitals existed] and thus would make a pretty dumb capital. Especially, you know, given that it's currently under attack by Ironheads ;) But yeah, the Duck Village makes more sense anyway since it's more central to -all- the Clans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: