Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luc's Soul and "Guardian's Eye"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Luc's Soul and "Guardian's Eye" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it possible that, since Luc's soul was merged with the True Wind Rune that he became the essence of it himself? I mean that when Luc dies in the Ceremonial Site and visits Leknaat as a dead spirit, could that spirit be the True Wind Rune as well? Since it's status is as "lost" and Luc and Sarah's souls have wandered off somewhere I think it might just be possible. This would merely mean that as the True Wind Rune was merged with Luc's soul, it is just continuing to stay with it as he went into the afterlife and as evidenced by Suikoden III's ending, somehow stays around in the current world instead of going to the "World of Emptiness" as the deceased usually do.

I should really make another topic for the next part but it concerns both Luc and Sasarai anyway.

"Guardian's Eye" is the name of Luc and Sasarai's weapon (if you can call it that) which they both use in Suikoden III. It is listed under "Other" in Suikoden III's weapon categorization, and the animation of the attack just comprises of Luc or Sasarai pointing their hand or finger (can't remember which) and damage gets done to the enemy, sort of like a gun. Since Luc never had this before Suikoden III, I wonder if it's a technique used in Harmonia that only priests can use or are taught? Or perhaps it is just Konami trying to make it more obvious that Luc and Sasarai are twins.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Luc's Soul and "Guardian's Eye" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll respond to the second part for the time being; as I thought that Guardian's Eye was a ring for some reason, and not just Luc and Sasarai pointing their finger. Does it not become evident as some point in the game? I can't really remember.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

and the animation of the attack just comprises of Luc or Sasarai pointing their hand or finger (can't remember which) and damage gets done to the enemy

SPIRIT GUN!!!

Anyway, that first part is quite possible, since True Runes havent exactly distanced themselves from human souls, as seen with the Soul Eater and Rune of Punishment. And even the idea that he was moving around as the rune is possible, as the Beast Rune has done that as well.

I would think that in the future, the True Wind Rune will show up and at a critical point of the story Luc will show up in some time-frozen scene and do something. I certainly coudl see that happening, at least.

I dunno what to say about the second part.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that Guardian's Eye was simply a magic ring, just like Estella's Ruby Ring (II, IV). I don't think it's anything special.

EDIT: Oh boy, it sure took me long to hit submit - now Agahnim has already made my point, more or less.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Yvl"]
Quote:

Anyway, that first part is quite possible, since True Runes havent exactly distanced themselves from human souls, as seen with the Soul Eater and Rune of Punishment. And even the idea that he was moving around as the rune is possible, as the Beast Rune has done that as well.

I would think that in the future, the True Wind Rune will show up and at a critical point of the story Luc will show up in some time-frozen scene and do something. I certainly coudl see that happening, at least.

I dunno what to say about the second part.

About the first part, I agree with Yvl here. Maybe, Luc has found some ritual that will make him immortal together with the rune or something near that?

The second part on the other hand, maybe its some ring given to the bishops in Harmonia.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the "Guardians' Eye" is a ring that is used by Bishops in Harmonia. Luc got it when he was named as one of the Bishops.

In regards to the other issue, it is actually typical for a True Rune to absorb a portion of the previous owner's memory by default. It would be normal for the True Wind Rune to in essence, "absorb" Luc's memory and knowledge so that it becomes available for the next bearer. However, I doubt that Luc's "soul" would have merged with the True Wind Rune due to the True Wind Rune already having it's own will, which is quite strong (as with all true runes).

Also, it is doubtful that Leknaat would simply allow a free-roaming True Wind Rune to wander around, let alone visit her randomly without trying to capture it (and possibly giving it to some hapless youth she can use as a janitor in her tower). Otherwise it may end up in the hands of Harmonia once again, which'd be bad for her own ends.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought that getting the good ending and all, freed Luc's soul and "saved" him. In other words, he was no longer bound to the rune or any of that stuff he was concerned about.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is just that Luc was a special case in terms of bearing the True Wind Rune because of his soul being bound to it, maybe that would cause a different outcome in death.

So the Guardian's Eye is a ring? Nice, the name interests me as well. Perhaps it refers to how Luc and Sasarai are both protecting (or safekeeping) their True Runes for Hikusaak.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought the Guardian's Eye had been a ring, since the animation had been very similiar to that of Estella's. I would just presume it's a certain status symbol given to the certain bishops in Harmonia (like Vextor said)

I don't think it would tie in so much with the True Runes though, since I think Sasarai would have probably figured out the "Masked Bishop" would have been Luc, the minute he got appointed. Since there is only one True Wind Rune bearer that he knows of.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun's Vicegerent wrote:
I don't think it would tie in so much with the True Runes though, since I think Sasarai would have probably figured out the "Masked Bishop" would have been Luc, the minute he got appointed. Since there is only one True Wind Rune bearer that he knows of.

That is true, but perhaps it has a broader meaning that all the priests of Harmonia fulfill this task.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember how, but I always knew that Luc and Sasarai's weapons were rings. There duel was quite interesting, though. And unfulfilling, in a way. They never laid a hand on each other.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc's soul wasn't bound to the True Wind Rune, any more than the soul of any other True Rune bearer is bound to their True Rune. Tir's soul is also bound to the Soul Eater...and Lazlo's soul to the Rune of Punishment, and Geddoes' soul to the Lightning Rune, etc.

Luc was just being dramatic and EMO when he said that his soul was bound.

^Actual quote!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh. I'm sticking with my three year old theory on this one, The true wind rune forced the stars to gather and destroy Luc's body so it could be free. The true wind rune was smart enough to show Luc the right memories to push him into what he died, which forced him into the situation that got him killed and the rune released. No one is going to convince me otherwise.

And Luc and Sasarai were rather obvious about knowing who the other was when Luc became a Bishop. If you remember, they show the scene where he is named Bishop and Sasarai says something along the lines of "I haven't seen you in X amount of years"

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Sasarai has no clue who Luc is until much later. In that scene in the One Temple where Luc is named Bishop, Sasarai merely says, "You must be pretty good if you can be named as Bishop without even revealing your face..."

Later on, when Luc comes to take his True Earth Rune (without his mask), Sasarai mentions how he remembers him from the Dunan Unification War, and asks who he is--and only after that does Sasarai learn more about Luc.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I'm mixing the two scenes. For some reason I thought that what Sasarai said to Luc in the temple was rather indicative that they knew each other. I guess I was just inventing a tone in Sasarai's voice at the time to make it seem like that line carried a different connotation.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: