Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luc&sasarai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai led the Harmonian unit that aided Highland in Suikoden II.

And to just to point out, we know a surprisingly great deal about Harmonia. It's just that little of it relates to its core nature.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hikusaac is the one considered as the king of Harmonia but the preferred title is Head Bishop, Sasarai is just like a general for Hermonia and is titled as High Bishop in there, which is why he was sent to Highland to lead the Harmonian soldiers in there as John Layfield also said (Kings don't usually lead their own armies in other land's wars).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
Is this Hikusaak guy in any Suikoden game?Or just "historical"

He was the founder of Harmonia and it's supreme ruler. He does exist however we have not seen him directly in the games. There is a signifigant amount of mystery to him as rumors circulate pertaining to if he is alive or not at this point. However there were mentions of orders from Hikusaak in the third game, most notably to Sasarai to appoint a still asked Luc to the position of bishop. So nobody really has a clue to what capacity if any he is acting.

And yes Sasarai is not the leader of Harmonia. He certainly has a good share of political influence in Harmonia (at least in Suikogaiden he seems to have some clout) but he is basically a general who is sent out to represent Harmonia in battle. What nation would put thier ruler directly on the battlefield?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dura Sinai wrote:
What nation would put thier ruler directly on the battlefield?

A lot of them, I'm sure. Just not on a battlefield that ultimately has nothing to do with their own nation. A good ruler -will- be on the battlefield when his own nation is on the line. The best sort won't be in front, but he won't be behind either; you'd be amazed what seeing your liege on the battlefield can do for morale, but of course leading the charge personally is a good way to end up dead :)
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right but if you look at the history of civilization the risk of a ruler being killed in action has meant that very rarely does a the supreme ruler get directly involved in a battle, even dealing wit their own country.

While a moral boost, imagine the result should that leader, particularly if rather beloved, were to fall in combat? It would cause much anger, grief and confusion.

Often in such cases of war, the ruler makes policy and is an indirect influence. Their job in warfare is more of the strategical side and political side. More often than not nation leaders are more apt for that than physical combat anyhow.

I mean seriously...... how long would Sasarai last in a battle if he was involved in direct combat? His main salvation up to this point was how he could protect himself with his magic abilities. That and he probably when in battle sticks far to the rear to prevent the risk of him being attacked.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hikusaak has been missing for quite some time, and rumors have circulated that he is in fact dead. Because of this, there is the possibility of a civil uprising by the people who are all 3rd or 2nd class citizens, called the People's Faction, against the temple, or Temple Faction. Sasarai is a bishop and the closest thing to the leader of Harmonia that there is, but he's not THE ruler.

There's currently speculation that Mike in SIII is Hikusaak, though I think it's more believable to assume he's of the Howling Voice Guild or a ninja.

Check out the site SARSadmin put together here because he explains all of this stuff.

Dura Sinai wrote:
I mean seriously...... how long would Sasarai last in a battle if he was involved in direct combat? His main salvation up to this point was how he could protect himself with his magic abilities. That and he probably when in battle sticks far to the rear to prevent the risk of him being attacked.

Well actually... (manga spoiler ahead)

When Harmonia fights the first real battle against the Grasslands, Sasarai rides out with Dios next to him to speak with Lucia. After talks fail, Sasarai causes some earthquakes that shakes all of Chishya and kills several people. Once that is finished, he turns and rides through the lines of soldiers and tells Dios to make him some tea. So yeah, he is a warrior general, and he's not the wuss he appears to be.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... people think Mike is Hikusaak? Okay, I know he's this mysterious dude'n'all, but, uhm, wow. I'm not sure I have words for that ^_^
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I didn't say they had any real PROOF for it, just another guess at his true identity. ;)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're insane, I think. But that's just me.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Hikusaak has been missing for quite some time, and rumors have circulated that he is in fact dead. Because of this, there is the possibility of a civil uprising by the people who are all 3rd or 2nd class citizens, called the People's Faction, against the temple, or Temple Faction. Sasarai is a bishop and the closest thing to the leader of Harmonia that there is, but he's not THE ruler.

Well a fun wrench in that theory was tossed in the third game with the mention of Hikusaak himself instructing Sasarai to appoint a masked Luc to the position of Bishop. It was contrary to everything we knew.

Not to mention that he seemed to be around to clone the two boys.....

As far as the mention in the manga on fighting abilities...

spoilers for manga volume 5 below:

Yes he does perform well..... however once placed in immediate danger he is going to back down. Heck he does a fantastic job obliterating the grassland troops initially without any aid and calls it a day a matter of minuites later.

And for some reason I think if he even attempted weilding a real melee weapon it would prove only marginally more useful than attacking with a pillow. His physical stats are simply THAT weak.

Simply put I doubt he has the stanima nor the desire to be on the front lines. Several high level earth spells ended matters. Not to mention the way he addresses Albert as he takes his leave suggests a real lack of interest in this particular war. And his speech to Lucia could be taken in that context as well. I don't think he is a pacivist at all but certainly is not one to wish to partake in unnecessary conflicts.

However for all intent and purposes I do also concur that for the time being it seems Sasarai is serving in a high leadership position. If you speak to the people in Caleria I believe you do get a couple mentions that suggests that he does hold a great deal of respect amongst the people.

And Mike as Hikusaak sounds like another Jillia is Queen theory. If you push it far enough you can perhaps make it somewhat reasonable until everything is considered and you realize it's entirely silly.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why have they been cloned?
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They were cloned simply to serve as holding places for the true wind and earth runes. Harmonia wants possession of the true runes but because the true runes act independently and are rather finicky about their hosts. In addition one person can only hold a single true rune (it's not certain exactly how Windy intended to possess two) thus furthering restricting the possibility of the goal being acheived.

Thus Hikusaak, himself a true rune bearer, made clones if himself with some adaptations to make them best suited for their specific runes.

Beyond that though, not a whole lot is known. Harmonia has been kept mostly in the dark.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Supposedly Windy discovered a secret Sindarin technique which would have allowed her to have a second True Rune. Which is interesting, since were not Luc and Sasarai themselves created as clones by some Sindarin technique? Makes things all the more interesting when you think about the leaders of Harmonia and Sindar holding diametrically opposed True Runes. Odd that Harmonia would use -any- Sindarin technology, in that light.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think any mention was made by Luc of the origin of the technique he used to preserve the true runes in SIII, but he may have said Sindarian and I could just be forgetting.

However, much in the same way that Luc was able to steal and seal the true runes from the fire bringer was the way Hikusaak created Luc and Sasarai. Luc just had a vessel that the symbol of the rune appeared in, and as High Priest of Harmonia and bearer of the Circle Rune, you would think that Hikusaak's magic woul dbe far more powerful than Luc and Sarah's, and he could be able to create a clone of himself and seal a true rune inside them.

I've also heard speculation on the power of the Circle Rune, the power to maintain order, were told. I once heard someone say that the power of the rune could be to make clones of yourself, which would be handy in creating people to bear runes, and building a 'Master Race' to rule the world, like Harmonia sounds from what we know in the games so far.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We know a Sindarian technique was responsible, however we don't know anything in terms of how and even if it is fully effective. It hadn't been performed so the grounds of weather it was would have been effective or not is questionable. It was a theoretical means to do it.

Same with the circle rune. We really are not going to have any real idea of how it works or even it's general nature much less of the bearer until we see Hikusaak in some capacity. And from how things are going it might be awhile as it would almost have to be a Harmonian based Suikoden game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: