Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luc&sasarai
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Luc&sasarai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are they related?And are they both originally from Harmonia?
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc and Sasarai were cloned from High Priest Hikusaak of Harmonia. I guess that makes them brothers.

And the both did originate from Harmonia because thats were Hikusaak is/was from.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, exactly and both were given true runes. You learn about this in Suikoden III.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just keep in mind that not everyone has been able to play Suikoden III, since it was never released in PAL format.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:?: What is PAL format?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Seriously?

PAL is the format used for electronics etc. in Europe as well as Australia. As oppossed to the North American standard NTSC.

It's why games take time to go from the United States to Europe. Well, that and translation into other European languages.

EDIT: To avoid possible replies that involve only small corrections, I felt like I should add to this.

PAL is used mainly in most of Europe, as well as Argentina, Australia, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore. Some places like Bulgaria, France, Hungary, Luxembourg, Poland and Russia also use SECAM which is pretty much interchangable.

NTSC on the other hand is the standard used in North America (including the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico), Japan as well as Bolivia, Brazil and Taiwan.

Which explains release dates and the like, for the most part. Japanese games only need to be translated into English and then shipped to North America, while the same games in North America needed to be translated into several different languages, for the most part, and then converted to PAL format.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Last edited by John Layfield on Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? I thought Europeans could just buy a copy from a US company and play it. Shows how little I know.

Why exactly wouldn't it work? This is all very confusing.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I edited my above post for a bit more info, but as for the technical reasons, I'm a bit fuzzy.

It's to do with the output each device creates. Presumably, NTSC is an American standard which in true apple pie fashion has spread throughout North America and Japan following World War II, while PAL is the old European standard which also survives in ex-colonies and the like.

NTSC was adopted because, for the most part, it is a superior type of output.

There's lots of room for correction in this post however.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the info. That explains the different release dates. I had always wondered about that. Bear in mind, I am no electronics expert.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back onto the topic of Luc and Sasarai. I know Sasarai stayed with harmonia for most or all of his life, or atleast I think as far as anyone knows. However how did Luc ever end up with Leknaat. I understand he was her pupil and all, but does it really say how or why Luc left his Twin bro and Harmonia all behind?

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had always wondered that same thing.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat came and took Luc with her and you get the idea that it was rather willingly on Luc's part.

Not a lot of details were given and may never be divulged in full (the best hope that may exist is the manga for suikoden 3 which is still being released both stateside and in japan) However here is the jist of what has been accumulated.

Luc was seen as defective because he was created with the true wind rune intertwined with his soul. Unlike the Flame Champion or Geddoe he never had the option of sealing it away hence triggering his entire crudsade some time later. However that is an entirely different topic.

While in Harmonia his 'defect' presumably earned him lower acknowledement and treatment from the Harmonian aristocarcy. The defect alos may be responsible for part of Luc's rather voilatile personality traits.

In Suikoden 2 the investigations suggest that a decade prior (placing Luc at age 7) there was an incident in Harmonia involving Luc but it was not specified. There are many possible ideas that this could have ammounted to.

So for whatever reasons, he ended up taken from Harmonia and trained as Leknaat's pupil. Harmonia more or less considered it stealing of the rune.

Luc and Sasarai are never particularly close. Sasarai has absolutely no clue as to who his brother is in the Dunan wars. Even after the rune was used he doesn't seem to acknowledge WHO it is. He most likely only took note of the true rune being used and may have known as a bishop that the true wind rune was stolen away prior. This does suggest that the two had very few real direct interaction until the third game's timeline.

Now dealing with Sasarai, he was probably raised to step into a position of authority. At age 17 he was leading a small segement of the army in defence of Highland. He was kept very close to the Harmonian principles as he was deemed the more useful of the two bearers and also less of a pain to deal with in general.

However we don't have much more than that on Sasarai. He was a minimal presence in the second game and comes in very late in the third game. The manga in the 7th volume does try to divulge a little further. However he probably would be a good cannidate for a returning character should the game move into Harmonia.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this Hikusaak guy in any Suikoden game?Or just "historical"
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With my limited experience in Suikoden III I can't say for sure but I THINK he makes a small appearance in the game, off-screen. This is probably wrong though on my part.

Either way, you can assume that we haven't had any real involvment with the guy as yet.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beceuase i thought Sasarai were the King of Harmonia because in Suikoden 2 he helped Highland with his troops etc....
For me Harmonia is very strange everytime only little is revealed about this country so the game leaves you with little knowledge
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: