Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

connection btwn Simone and Vincent

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miho~

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: connection btwn Simone and Vincent Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay so i'm just curious on what the whole connection btwn simone and vincent is? are they just best friends? b/c they don't get a lot of coverage on their backgrounds in the game, and b4 suikoden III came out i thought that maybe they're also connected to Milich but i'm probably totally wrong...i guess i thought that b/c they're gameplay music was the same at an encounter. I guess what i'm trying to ask is that are vincent and simone just two best friends that happen to be recruited in Suikoden 2 for no reason at all than the fact that they just happened to lose their roses??

~~***MIHO~~~~^^^!!!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Miho~chan. The gameplay bg music is usually used only when the narcissistic characters come into play. It's basically their theme for european "gentlemen". Vincent an Simone seem to be best friends but i don't want to delve into that. They seem to be related to Milich Oppenheimer since they have the same cultural habits. Taking into account that people like Esmeralda in I who was also the same as them (but as a girl).

To me, i think they're just some swordsmen who are too self-loving for their own good and are pretty "gay" most of the time. Not much in the storyline element though... :wink:

Miho~

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey that's cool....it really is, i like your explanation about the whole "european gentlemen" thing...i never really thought about it that way....but i guess i just thought that there would be some more storyline to it...especially when in Suikoden 2 you get to see Milich's house in Gregminister but you could never get into it...yeah that was kind of disappointing...i guess you could say that everytime i play suikoden 2 i really want to get into that house.....especially since the missing cat is like inside the compound!!! great~ i'm getting frustrated just thinking about it now :roll:

VikiFanatic wrote:
i think they're just some swordsmen who are too self-loving for their own good and are pretty "gay" most of the time

i'm glad some1 else also thinks so! :mrgreen:

~~***MIHO~~~~^^^!!!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're only "gay" if you actually think that's what gay people are like. And I just don't see how that is.

I mean, gay people don't wear those clothes, except at Suikoden conventions x.x. They don't, for the most part, burst into French all of a sudden and make grand proclomations about eternal friendship. They don't see the Rose Brooch as the ultimate sign of friendship, as far as I can tell. And, I mean, lots of people drink tea, while *gasp* sitting down.

Am I missing something? Has it just gone way over my head? What exactly is the confusion here?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Miho~

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well no there isn't a confusion about their personality, but just out of curiosity what they're connection with Milich is or if ther is one...i mean when you talk to the girl in the city she tells you that her cat is missing and when you walk to Milich's house it's trapped and you can't get to it. I think it's a bit frustrating actually.

but the only reason why they seem a little bit fresh with each other is because they're constantly all over each other especially when they announce their friendship, a little feminine and you can't deny that fact. I guess their personalities give room for speculation.

~~***MIHO~~~~^^^!!!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...You mean all this is based on the fact that sometimes two men...

Wait for it.

Hugged?

Is that REALLY it? They're good friends who hug twice in the game? I don't want to be rude but that seems like a HUGE leap to make in terms of personality.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Miho~

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OKAY~ fine if you don't want to admit that they're feminine fine, i am entitled to my opinion though...i just wanted to know if there was a connection between them and Milich..

come to think of it you've cornered me on the personality part...yeah OK~

~~***MIHO~~~~^^^!!!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield, I think you're confused because what you considered as "gay" is the term homosexuality itself while what they used the term "gay" is to describe the queer act (as in like the Fab Five from the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy TV show).

Though I still believe that the proper word would be "narcist" rather than "gay", I don't really find it to be a big deal at all because they didn't use the term "gay" in an offensive way anyways. I think they just didn't realize that there is a more proper word to use.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

miho, if you're interested in a bit more informations, a post of mine might shed a little more light on what the narcissists are modeled after:

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2315&postdays=0&postorder=a sc&start=15

are they homosexuals? maybe, maybe not...canon doesn't say a thing about any character in this regard.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Miho~

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey sybillious thanks for the link, it's helpful and it makes more sense on character designs. It's interesting because it gives more insight on the other characters in the suikoden series, and how much more thought was put into each character. Yeah thanks for the link!

I'm pretty satisfied with this topic now. I'll probably delete it in a day or two and think about some new long-lost character pieces/topics to talk about. Thanks for the chat people! :)

~~***MIHO~~~~^^^!!!
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the record, I think the word "gay" should be avoided being used in that context at all. Basically, as I see it, it can mean one of two things. Happy, or homosexual. Using that word in the capacity it was used in earlier could be construed as HIGHLY OFFENSIVE to homosexual members of this community, so I would advise against using that word, unless you want to have an intelligent discussion about homosexuality or if you're making a legitimate reference to homosexuality.

Consider yourselves warned about misusing words here. I don't think anyone meant any harm by it, but we have to be careful about alienating members of our community. Let's try and think before we post something that could offend someone. Preview and RE-READ your post, if you're not sure if it could be misconstrued.

Well, other than that, it looks like this topic has reached its conclusion, so I'll go ahead and lock it.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: