Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Recent Topics / Most popular topics, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also not too fond of it, I agree with what Tonberry said.

I won't use it but for those who will use it I think it's better to have it on the bottom of the page.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I agree as well... It looks too much, too crowded (is that the correct verb?). I won't use it, so for me it shouldn't be there, but since some will indeed use this feature I guess you should keep it. However, I would prefer to have it at the bottom of the page.

The Fool
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It does not bother me at all. I will make use of it. Top or Bottom is fine but not on the side!
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ack, I'm not quite sure what to think of it.. I find it too bulky to stay at the top, and I don't ever think I'll be using it unless you took away the 'posts since last visit' away from the bottom. Even then I'd prefer not to use it.

If you want to keep it, I think it would be best down at the bottom, but it's not like we don't already have quite a few things down there already :| .
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's fine the way it is. It's handy to see what has been posted after I've checked all of those since my last visit. The most viewed and stuff aren't really all that useful though, but they were novel at first.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, i think the new addition isn't all that useful. Both the Most Popular Topics columns don't seem to be subject to change a lot and i will probably rarely use the Most Recent Topics column. Which is the same as the View Most Recent Posts link on the bottom of the page only more condensed.

On forums, i always like to keep the index page void of any stuff besides the lists of forums as much as possible. I think this thing would look nice on a separate stats page of the forums though, where you could put all sorts of statistics about this place (such as the most prolific writers bar that exists on the bottom of the page). You could also only keep the Most Recent Topics column and spread it over the entire width of the page, thus lowering the height of this element, and save the two Most Popular Topics for that additional statpage. At the very least, i'd like to see this new element on the bottom of the page, where it gives off a less cluttering impression.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Ton Man's thoughts pretty much sums up my opinion as well. The new posts link has always been more than sufficient (and effective, considering the new table only lists the five most recent topics) and the most popular info isn't necessary and just gets in the way. I also agree with the majority that if it needs to stay, it would be best at the bottom of the page.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hate it. Too much information. Clutters the page. Quite irritating. Prefer to have it removed, same with the most prolific writers and the 'users browsing this forum' being in some big-ass box.

Less is more.

Remove it entirely, make a stats page or if those options aren't available, push it down to the bottom, below the Who's Online area.

It just seems way too gimmicky to me, really. It's what I'd expect when some zero-poster here advertises their Invision Free board with six members.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, neither do I like it. Tonman's opinion pretty much sums up what I think.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly? I absolutely hate and it and find it repugnant looking. It makes the top of the forum look terribly overwhelming and none of the information is anything I care about - if I want to see new topics, I'll click the new topics since your last visit button. I don't really care what threads are the most popular. It'd be sort of neat for a stat page (I guess) but on the index? It overwhelms the top and makes it hard for me to find what I do use - my inbox, nation system, etc. It's bulky, useless, makesme feel tired and the absolute best thing I can say for the damn thing is that it only takes .6 seconds to scroll past it.

If it absolutely has to be on the index, stick it on the bottom.

...I may be one with strong opinions. 0_0

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer it at the top honestly, I don't use the view posts since last visit feature there's too much junk I don't care about in that, but having the five threads last posted in at the top when I'm refreshing the page is very useful to me because it will highlight new posts even if they are in sub forums that I wouldn't usually notice because of the lack of the flame rune icons for sub forums.

The most popular topics by reply or view I don't have much of a use for however. I must be weird, I moan at so many changes that Vextor makes and then one I like comes along and it is one I'm getting a lot of use out of and not many others seem to appreciate it. Weird.

Oh and I'd prefer it if it took you to the last page of the thread instead of the first page I guess.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't use it and like many others I prefer to use the "view posts since last visit" option. Besides that, my thoughts echo Layfield's except I don't mind the "browsers viewing this forum" the way it is. If it has to stay, I'd prefer it at the bottom after the "Who is online?" section

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, having seen it for a while, it is indeed ugly and the functions are not particularly helpful, so I removed it.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, majority rules I guess. I for one was honestly making ample use of the thing. >_>
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I can tuck it somewhere else... or create a new style that has all of that stuff, while creating another style that is more bare-bones (but not to the point of being as bare as the "office" style).

Of course, it'd be real great if I can have a "style maker" around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: