Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Your Favourite Final Fantasy Character?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ludka

Geriatric Old Men

102375 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had forgotten about Red! Of course, my first few playthroughs, I thought he was a big red cat, and not some sort of anthropomorphic wolf, which he actually is. Regardless, Red is way cool. He's got the tough guy exterior, and seems all old and wizened, but is actually a scared, young, angry, little puppy who's far away from home and all angsty at his dad for his supposed desertion. My only question, though, is why there aren't more wolf creatures in FFVII.

Also, I have to say it, since someone else brought up their favorite character from the first Final Fantasy game they played, and because I'm an old old man. Much respect goes to the black wizard from FFI. Sure, he didn't have an "official" name, but he was dark and cool and wore a nifty hat (my wizard's name was MAZD by the way -- which is Mazod with one letter taken out since the names in that game were limited to four characters). Also, the red-haired warrior was cool, too (TYR, in case you were wondering.)

"All is well, and the universe is at peace, for it is Star Control II month in Gaien!"
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seifer from FF8 is awesome. I also like Zell as well.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine is probably Cid from Final Fantasy VII, I like how you can use him on some of the games in the arcade instead of Cloud and how he takes over the group when Cloud goes missing. I also like how his character mellows out a bit through the game.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess mine's probably Squall Leonheart from Final Fantasy VIII. I know many people don't like him, but I guess I could relate to him the most out of all the other Final Fantasy characters. I think we both have a lot of similar characteristics, which makes me relate to him more. But that's just it though.
Masanari Hyuga

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cecil. He was being the hero, saving the girl, and killing weird-looking monsters before Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Tidus ever got out of bed.

He was so good as a Dark Knight, they had to nerf him to Paladin, and he still rocked out.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zidane I just like how he started off as a cheerful, friendly(and slightly perverted) good guy. I also like the plot twist in his story.

I generally like most of the characters of FF9. Especially Dagger(Sarah/Gernet damn she has so many aliases), Freya, Viki, Steiner etc.

I also love the characters of FF5 and 6. Celes, Faris, Kefka, Terra, Locke, Galuf etc.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if it wasn't obvious in my username already... XD

Cid's just awesome. He was just... cool. Well, there's the cigarette-smoking and the profanity, but that's part of his charm. <3

That, and his Level 4 limit break is t.e.h. awesome.
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Squall from Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite character. Now before everyone starts throwing tomatoes at me and starts claiming that he has absolutely no character development here me out. Here is my reasoning. When we are first introduced to him he is a soldier (Seed) in training, and he really does not care about anything (thus his personality is who cares meaning cool). Than he meets Rinoa and he does not instantly fall for her and her advances, meaning he know that if you try to hard, you ain't getting any. And in the end, he begins to love her, now if that is not character development, I do not know what is. I mean this type of thing happens to everyone sooner or later.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Laguna Loire is my favourite Final Fantasy character ever.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kefka is probably my favorite character from the Final Fantasy series. I also love Rydia, Locke, Vormav, Orlandu, Barrett, and Quina. Why? Various reasons I suppose. Kefka is delightfully insane, Rydia was the first official videogame babe, Locke was just cool all around, Vormav played an awesome roll in the best Final Fantasy game plot-wise, Orlandu's the biggest powerhouse in the series, Barrett provided constant entertaining dialogue throughout FF7, and Quina is.... Quina.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are so many characters that I love!

Nanaki
Called Red XIII by most people, Nanaki has the most interesting background of any character in his game. The most touching moment in Final Fantasy VII, in my opinion, is when Nanaki finds out about his father, Seto, and his bravery in defending Cosmo Canyon against the Gi. I also love wolves, so Nanaki's wolf-like character design appeals to me.

Cid (Final Fantasy VII)
His theme is one of the best pieces of music ever composed. I loved his story too. He gave up his dream to save Shera from dying. Behind all of Cid's $#@&s and #^&$@#s, there's a real guy with real dreams. He's also quite entertaining.

Quina
Quina makes me laugh. On top of that, she's the most valuable battle character in her game. She has the most interesting set of moves and gives the player a ton of ways to play. And yes, I call her a she. It's just easier for me.

Freya
She's probably the strongest character in her game. She loses the man she loves, who later returns to tell her that he doesn't remember her. She loses her kingdom and all of her people. She loses everything she has, but stays strong and does what she is called to do. That, and I love that her homeland always has rain. I love the rain and I'd love to live in Burmecia.

Shuyin
Shuyin is often seen as a villain or as an empty character. I wish they had gone more into his character. There's enough of Zanarkand's past to make a game, really. Shuyin is great because he gave up everything he had in order to do what he believed in. He wanted to save the woman that he loved at any cost and I really admire his loyalty to her. He also has one of the most tragic ends of any video game character.

Honorable mentions:
Vivi, Amarant, Beatrix, Balthier, Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Wakka, Beowulf, Agrias, The Black Knight (FFCC)

I know I could get into more detail, but I can't really be bothered. I don't know how many times I've made this list! It's constantly changing too.

Last edited by Tonberry on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
Cid (Final Fantasy VIII)
His theme is one of the best pieces of music ever composed. I loved his story too. He gave up his dream to save Shera from dying. Behind all of Cid's $#@&s and #^&$@#s, there's a real guy with real dreams. He's also quite entertaining.

Wrong Final Fantasy sir. ;)
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

~grumbles~ Making me edit my post. It was a typo, okay! :oops:
Wolfheart

Midnight Howl

39338 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vivi is probably the one that comes to my mind first. The way he runs around and trips and falls, the way he doubts about everything and the way he transforms himself throughout the game. He makes me go "awwwww" and that's all!

I also like Sabin, Vincent, Zell, Garnet and Wakka.

And the musicians from FFX! Gotta love Bayra, Donga and Pukutak!

In Potch We Trust
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I only played FF VII my favorite characters are from this game:

Vincent Valentine and Sephiroth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: