Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Paris Hilton's Sentence...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would she get shanked? She isn't in Oz.

She is in a minimum security prison with people who commit the "lighter crimes" of society and is spending most of her time in solitary i believe so it is highly doubtful that anyone has a splintered and sharpened toothbrush to "do her over" with.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I just don't understand why everyone is going bonkers over this...person. You think they'd be more concerned with the 600,000 pounds of tainted meat that was distributed, or the possibility that MMR vaccines could be responsible for a handful of autism cases, or you know, the WAR. But instead people are hiring aircraft to fly banners of, "We love Paris."

I think its not totally about Paris. People just like seing the rich and powerful suffer and they like knowing there not "above the law".

Personally I'm interested about some of the thing she said recently. She said that "she was only acting dumb" if that was true Paris should win oscar becouse she certainly fooled me hehe
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I certainly hope it was an act, I'm not sure I want to think of what it says about Americans that we have people that choose to be stupid when they have more than enough money to afford themselves a world-class education.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phamex wrote:
I just don't understand why everyone is going bonkers over this...person. You think they'd be more concerned with the 600,000 pounds of tainted meat that was distributed, or the possibility that MMR vaccines could be responsible for a handful of autism cases, or you know, the WAR. But instead people are hiring aircraft to fly banners of, "We love Paris."

wtf

Funny you should say that - Paris apparantly just said she's gotten over all of this and is urging people to focus on more important issues, and that she wont act like an idiot any more.

For the record though, and this is off topic so lets not go off on a tangent about this, but that Autism is caused by MMR vaccines thing is false.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Paris apparantly just said she's gotten over all of this and is urging people to focus on more important issues, and that she wont act like an idiot any more.

Okay, where was she saying this when the cameras were all over her and she was given the original sentence? How come she wasn't saying, 'Okay, show's over, move along' then?

Is it just me or am I failing to see how someone could be that flaming far removed from reality as to not realize that actions actually do have consequences? I refer back to my original post that while I blame her for a fair bit of this [45%] I blame her parents and their raising of her more [55%].

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what do you all think about her statement about how she has changed and is more spiritual now and that she is going to change and start helping the community by helping out with certain cancers and other humanitarian deeds?

I personally think it is just an act to get people on her goodside and that when she does get back out on her own that she will maybe for a bit pretend to have changed but eventually return to her party girl ways.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't put much faith in her change of heart. I believe that actions speak louder than words and for the moment all she has done is talk, talk and talk some more about changing. I do give her some credit in trying to defuse things by telling hers attorneys not to file an appeal on her behalf about being put back in jail. By not appealing the judge's decision to send her back this means she will have to do the rest of her sentence in jail, or at least in the medical ward of the jail she is in.

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
what do you all think about her statement about how she has changed and is more spiritual now and that she is going to change and start helping the community by helping out with certain cancers and other humanitarian deeds?

Right, that is gonna hold her for about a week, I mean come on, it is the same as when a kid does something bad and promises not to do it again, a minute pases and again the kid is doing the same thing. Believing her would be rather stupid and pointless, to me personally, she is not important enough to care about and to think that she deserves a special treatment.

AA wrote:
Why would she get shanked? She isn't in Oz.
She is in a minimum security prison with people who commit the "lighter crimes" of society and is spending most of her time in solitary i believe so it is highly doubtful that anyone has a splintered and sharpened toothbrush to "do her over" with.

Still, who knows... People can be like animals when caged, well at least I hope to see another part of her movie A Night In Pars: Jail Times.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bleh. It's not like she would die in prison :wink:
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's incredibly funny that so many people knock her down for being the scourge of society, and then go on to prove their own worth by throwing every insult and bad name at her. Yes, that really proves that you're functioning at a higher maturity level.

I hope the experience humbles the girl. In any case, I just simply stop listening to the news and such when I'm tired of it.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, maybe she's learned something alright. She's still in jail finishing up the time she was sentenced to even though she could be out right now while the judge's decision to send her back could've been appealed. I won't say that she's a changed girl, but I think she's a tad more crafty about the work needed to sway public opinion than she's given credit for.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Claiming that she 'found God' probably didn't hurt her too much.

Without getting into my cynicism about organized religion, my only comment to that was, 'God got lost? What, did he miss a left turn or something? How in the hell does God get lost if he's God?'

It doesn't help my opinion of her that if she's that savvy about swaying public opinion, that she'd throw religion into it and make even more of a mess. We'll see how she acts once she leaves jail.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree--it all rests on her behavior, as it always has.

As for "finding God"...I'm not one to slap anyone's faith in the face, but you'll pardon me if I take that statement with a whole shaker full of salt.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's not uncommon for one to fully realize any sort of religious or spiritual or whatever kind of personal beliefs during a hard time in life. Lord knows how "hard" her jail stint was, on the flip side...
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, well...when in doubt bring in the almighty.

Just another stunt, I dont see why it takes divine intervention for someone to realize that they shouldn't drink and drive. It just takes a little thing called common sense.

I hate you Onimaru.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: