Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

about Gremio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: about Gremio Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

on the site bio it says alot of things about him i don't remembe seeing in the game at all. all i really know about him from the game is that he was Tir's servent/bodyguard. where did all the extra info come from?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cant speak for SARSadmin but he might have gottan the information out of Mangas from the Suikoden series. Thats where they got the Timeline information from.

And shouldnt this be in the Site content discussion forum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Black Knight wrote:
I cant speak for SARSadmin but he might have gottan the information out of Mangas from the Suikoden series. Thats where they got the Timeline information from.

And shouldnt this be in the Site content discussion forum.
i figured it would have been apropriate for character discussion. since its just about 1 person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alot of it came from Japanse publications that were never released outside of Japan.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question. He was always a favorite of mine and I would get/still get so mad when people would say he was gay. I don't think he's gay at all-I think he's just loyal. And mistaking loyalty and being gay seems a bit childish to me. I mean, girls can be really good friends with eachother without being lezbian. Why can't men have a deep bond that too?

*OR*

Is there proof that he is in fact gay. I would like to know.

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this, daycon, is like any other yaoi/yuri issue; it's a matter of fans seeing subtext and the like. officially, there is nothing proving him gay, straight or otherwise; the insinuations are all on the fandom's part.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Daycon wrote:
I have a question. He was always a favorite of mine and I would get/still get so mad when people would say he was gay. I don't think he's gay at all-I think he's just loyal. And mistaking loyalty and being gay seems a bit childish to me. I mean, girls can be really good friends with eachother without being lezbian. Why can't men have a deep bond that too?

*OR*

he thought of Tir as a son/brother he was just really close to the family and worried to much.
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
he thought of Tir as a son/brother he was just really close to the family and worried to much.

Exactly. He kind of acted like a mother figure to Tir. He was always very nuturing and always worrying about him. Not that father's aren't, but I feel that is it more common of the mother to do that to her son. Like the instance at the gate. He started yelling at him to get them through safely, but felt extremely bad afterward and started apologizing profusly. And his final act before being ressurected of giving his life to save Tir at the prison. Seeing how Tir has matured, and didn't need a "mother" anymore.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You do realise that, even characters that -are- parents of others are still paired up with others?
I always understood his realtionship with "tir", I mean you'd have to be some sex crazed moron to think "they are lovers, he cares for him", think, if somone is loving and nurturing towrds their dog, you do can say "OMG fido lover!" Its sad people have to create twisted fantasys, can't they just practice old fashioned "self insersion" and they can be somone's lover?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your post, Kuwaizair, seems kind of ironic considering the picture you keep underneath it, just thought I'd share that since the combination of what you were saying - which is right, people do tend to go "OMG he's soooooo gay!" when someone expresses closeness in a game - and your avatar did make me chuckle just a little bit.

Gremio's sexual orientation not only doesn't matter it would make no difference to how he was towards Tir McDohl I should think.

Edited to change wording.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
Your post, Kuwaizair, seems kind of ironic considering the picture you keep underneath it, just thought I'd share that since the combination of what you were saying - which is right, people do tend to go "OMG he's soooooo gay!" when someone expresses closeness in a game - and your avatar did make me chuckle just a little bit.

because its called humor, expermentation (lets get some reactions), and "lets pretend to be somone I'm not"

I was thinking of making one with differtn text "Riou i demand the return of my walkman" or "soo did you get the goood stuff?"

its not -to- hypocritical, because where gremio is conserned, well you just don't do that to "your mother" (some people didn't quite see thar with some parings *gag*)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought you signature was funny anyway. At least I know you so I know you're not of the personality to make pairings like that; so I saw it as a joke.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

because its called humor, expermentation (lets get some reactions), and "lets pretend to be somone I'm not"

I was thinking of making one with differtn text "Riou i demand the return of my walkman" or "soo did you get the goood stuff?"

its not -to- hypocritical, because where gremio is conserned, well you just don't do that to "your mother" (some people didn't quite see thar with some parings *gag*)

Oh yeah I got it as a joke, just paired with what you were saying, it made me laugh a bit and I thought I'd point it out incase others missed how the avatar went with the comment.

I'm with you on this anyway I don't get people creating these weird "he's gay" scenarios, it just never particularly occurs to me when i'm playing a game to start considering the characters sexual preferences...it has no bearing on the story and that's what I'm playing for.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I feel if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a chicken with a personality disorder. I mean he's a little too wraped up in "young master". Even the whole young master is a little much. But I guess it because as Americans we have a meesed up view as to what a relationship between a boy, and a non-father man should be. If theses were real people. CSI would have been called long ago. Is there something in his past no one knows about that makes him like this? Really he could have been very neglected as a child, and this is his way of making up for it.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Daycon wrote:

*OR*

Gremio was not gay, he was just a loyal servant and a good friend, much like Sam and Frodo's "Friendship!" :P

Hmm.. :O Tolkien got his almost gay-like friendship idea from Suikoden 1! haha lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: