Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you think the war on terrorism will ever end?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cold war was true, but exxagerated by both bands... some people even said the Cuba communist people ate children :roll: Altough I wont deny that there were true dangerous moments...

As Bluefame said, the enemy was communism before, now it is extremism. At some point they are manipulated, altough they are real. I even would say that some USA factions see it with good eyes because wars allows to USA huge weapons industry to release the "merchandise" from time to time.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure the war on terror will end, in the same way that everything eventually comes to an end.

Will the US eventually stop it's current involvement in the middle east? I believe so.

Will there ever be an end to conflict? Not as long as life exists.

Sniper_Zegai wrote:
I was always confused about the Cold War and the Arms Race. Did Russia actually threaten war or did they just become a communist country and America said "we cant have that" I know incredibly little about the whole period.

Both sides felt threatened by each other and it nearly escalated to nuclear war on at least one occasion, however cooler heads prevailed and it never did. Russia put long range missiles installations on Cuba, in which they could hit nearly any point on the US. That was when it was at it's closest to nuclear war. It began after the Russian Civil War where the Bolsheviks put out a challenge to capitalism. Even though they were technically allies during WWII, neither side really trusted each other that much and it just escalated until the Cuban Missile Crisis. After that, tensions began to relax until the Soviet Union collapsed. They actually fought in several proxy wars, where the side they close was dependent on the side of the other superpower. They were on opposite sides of nearly every conflict and the propaganda, as Fu Su Lu said, was very overblown.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have heard about the Cuban Missile Crisis but never learnt much about it. Its amazing how close our world came to nuclear war given the fact Nuclear weapons were still very new. I hope Nukes will be elimated at some point in history but I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The war on terror is a clever ploy by some U.S. companies to expand in the middle east. Besides it actually provides livelihood to a whole lot of construction/development firms, not to mention that the military is now swimming with funds but it would stop eventually...
Rovalis

3612 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the War on Terror is a facade, but not for business. I think that all of the possibilities of the "War on Terror" were realized AFTER the foolish declaration. I believe the movement into Iraq was because of this, but not Afghanistan.

As for the actual War, I'm disappointed in it, but not against it. War.. Conflict... is a risk. And risks usually produce the biggest gains. The Cold War is what accellerated practically every industry in the world. World War 2 is what brought those said industries into reality, for the most part.

There are other examples, but you get my point. However, the reason I'm disappointed in the War on Terror is because it's HARDLY a WAR. It's a domination. It's an unfounded action based on an elaborate facade, designed to exploit the ignorance of the world.

Will it stop? Ofcourse it will, some how.. some way. Like many others have said, a war on terror is pointless.

One thing that I want to add in is that America needs to stop playing the "grey" area of Black and White. We need to unify, as some sort of majority, on what is going to happen. America needs to be Aggressive and needs to dedicate MOST of our resources towards OUR conflict... or Isolated, and focus on domestic issues.
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not think that the war on terrorism will ever never end. As long as there are people out there how hate us and they have the funds and the means to attack us they will it will never end. we are fighting a endless war but it is a war me must fight to keep are self free.
Zabuza

Hidden Mist Demons

0 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also dont think think it will ever end. On the news they tell you where Saddam Hussein is but the army doesnt drop a bomb there i dont understand why.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zabuza wrote:
I also dont think think it will ever end. On the news they tell you where Saddam Hussein is but the army doesnt drop a bomb there i dont understand why.

He doesn't mean Saddam....nor does he remember who he means. Just look over his comment :*laugh*:

</big brother protection>

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

War on Terror is a dumb definition.
Terrorism is not likely to end when Bush leaves the White House, there has always been terrorism and conflicts, most of them being ignored by the way.
The problem is uncle Bush has been an IDIOT. When 11 September happened, the whole world was supporting the United States (and please dont bring those images of Palestinian people clapping on the streets, those were images older than 11 September). Afghanistan war was ok, supported by the ONU and it was against the Talibans, who had clearly supported Al Qaeda. Instead of focusing in doing things well in Afghanistan, Dubya goes and declares war on Saddam to get oil and to please Bush senior. Iraq yeah, a country ruled by a dictator, a militar dictator, not a fanatic religious...

Changing the subject, some people think that terrorism began on 11 september... Some countries like Spain and Great Bretain can tell you thats not true at all.

that ture Uncle Bush is One Dum mother you know what the war will never end and the only way to end it is to kill ever one that hates to united states of americe kill them all.

And that is why I am not going to join the united states army.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: