Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guitar Hero III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game is out and just in time for all the hype surrounding the game and the series' rabid core of fans....

South Park Show Guitar Hero Some Love

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha awesome. That South Park episode is going to rule.

So I played this game the other day, it seems pretty cool. I've been trying to get my friends to beat the Dragonforce song, because I suck way too much.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a small video preview of the South Park episode dealing with all the Guitar Hero craze.

Stan and Kyle playing Guitar Hero

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not long to go for the GH3 UK release, will be awesome. Finally some DragonForce to make my fingers fall off and wrist ache Huzzah!

More Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones even Tenacious D! Should be good fun, I really enjoyed GH 80's (Play With Me especially).

The idea of celebrity bosses looks cool with Slash and Tom Morello, the power ups look cheap but amusing like knocking your opponents guitar out of tune.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the duels are pretty cool. I just wish there were a lot more "real" guitarists to duel throughout the game.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really glad to see more actual songs rather than covers, I don't know but some of the vocal covers were like awful in all fairness like Megadeth on Guitar Hero II and Queen on GHI, some vocalists are just hard to replicate. Since the guy does a fairly good Ozzy voice I expected more Faith No More stuff as he would be able to do the same sort of voice (I've got a live cover of War Pigs by Faith No More, its really good)...also me making an excuse to have "Epic" on there.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no cover was worse than wrathchild by maiden in 80s edition.

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
no cover was worse than wrathchild by maiden in 80s edition.

Even though it wasnt one of the Brucie ones it was not that brilliant a cover, well the instruments were fine. They always seem to nail the instruments in terms of technical playing though it still loses something from the original.

FOREVER X!!!
Rovalis

3612 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think GH3 has taken a big step in the right direction. The songs were't real "guitarsy" this time around, until you get closer to the end, imo. La Grange is where it starts getting interest... and once you get up to Slayer, you'd better have a good understanding of those buttons =)).

Dragonforce is an absolute ridiculous band to put on there, though... I like the band, and the song, but when it's that fast, you have to actually play the notes a split second ahead of the computer, because if you slow down for a moment to try and get them "dead on", it'll mess you (me) up.

WHERE'S THE PANTERA?
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got this game today. I was rather happy to see that it has WiFi capabilities. So, all you peoples who have it for the Wii, I'm gonna challenge you!.......after I practice these songs a bit more. :P
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has to be one of the funnier takes on the whole Guitar Hero craze. If you've got a fever then the only prescription is more....

Cowbell Hero

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just for those who have Guitar Hero III for the 360...

...it's a fan created track on Guitar Hero II shown in this video...

MJOLNIR track

But it looks like Activision and Microsoft have decided to make it into a downloadable track made available for free download on Xbox Live Marketplace for Guitar Hero III players. It's the Halo 3 MJOLNIR theme with Steve Vai doing the guitar work for the track.

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay this game for songs is perhaps in the series, so many awesome tracks and so many are master tracks and the fact they got the sex pistols back to record Anarchy in the UK again was a bonus.

The game feels alot harder this time round too, I'm taking my wireless guitar back today though due to it lagging alot with responses to button presses which made solos near impossible.

But heck its great to play Metallica, DragonForce and Maiden also I so need to find the MP3 of the Lou the Devil guitar duel. That was quite a cool song.

FOREVER X!!!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, either this kid is a Guitar Hero prodigy, gaming autism or some sort of genetic freak. Is he actually the one playing? I can't tell if it's staged or not.

9 Year Old Beats Hardest Guitar Hero Level

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's amazing. There seems to be a delay with the sound though, maybe about a second. Is that a normal occurance, or do you think that could be evidence that the video is doctored?

I could definitely believe that a 9 yeard old is capable of something like that, though.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: