Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Dark Knight (here be SPOILERS!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nimble, you probably missed the teaser. The Rent-A-Clown bit you saw probably part of the viral campaign they're doing for the film. They're making it like as if The Joker himself has done something to the site or the link.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Batman Begins was a fairly good film, I didn't mind the burton films as they were rather flash and arty. I'm a big fan of Jack Nicholson personally I like many of his films and he along with Michael Keaton made the original very watchable for me. I just liked how Nicholson made the role his own, im not a fan of films to stay 100% accurate to a book or comment in most cases as I like it when directors have a freedom, if I wanted the comic I'd read the comic.

I will watch the film as the last Bale one was good with Bale playing Bruce really well and one of my other favourite actors Gary Oldman. I personally though hold alot more superheroes higher than Batman.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm tugging this back up to the top of the list, because I'm in a superhero mood for a reason.

Batman Begins was amazing in my opinion. The movies before it were just too cheesy for me, I couldn't really take them seriously. The whole cast, excluding Holmes, was just so good. I was extremely impressed by Cillian Murphy's performance as Scarecrow, I'm really hoping he'll show up in The Dark Knight, even if he doesn't get very much screen time.

I've been ecstatic ever since I heard Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker. I have this liking for Ledger that I don't quite understand, I will say though, he has the smile for it. While I think Nicholson did a fine representation of the Joker, I just plain don't like the man and haven't been favorable to the performance. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Ledger handles it, though.

I'm pleased that Freeman and Cain will be returning as Fox and Alfred. I'm extremely impressed with the cast decisions thus far. Except Holmes of course, I don't know anything about the new girl, so I don't have much of an opinion on that.

I'm also excited to see Eckhart as Harvey Dent, I have a new thing for this actor after seeing a couple of his movies.

I will agree with the previous comment about how the Penguin was portrayed in one of the previous movies. It was all pretty well done, but that's not saying there couldn't be improvement on it. I'm excited for future movies as well, I wouldn't mind seeing a new catwoman, though I didn't really have an issue with the last one. I'm really hopping to see Poison Ivy redone again, as well.. I wasn't impressed with Uma Thurman's version of her, and she's my favorite DC villan.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the new Batman movie, it looks promising!

-My DeviantArt-
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lass who has a knowledgable liking to one of the biggest comic book icons? You're like the diamond in an ocean of geekiness. :)

I do agree with you on maybe a future Poison Ivy being redone with someone else for the role. Poison Ivy is actually a character who would do well in the more realistic tone Christopher Nolan has decided on for this current Batman franchise. Any future Poison Ivy doesn't have to be wearing all green spandex. She can come and go and look like the typical eco-terrorist but devastatingly hot and sexy.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Nimble, you probably missed the teaser. The Rent-A-Clown bit you saw probably part of the viral campaign they're doing for the film. They're making it like as if The Joker himself has done something to the site or the link.

The teaser is now up everywhere, so you can just go to imdb or your favorite trailer site and view it.

I also agree that Poison Ivy needs a new interpretation. It is unfair to such a rich character such a bad interpretation. I am unsure who I would like in this role though, Jolie or Alba would be good choices, as they look like they could be the character Tull described. Some poise to the role would be Johansen, but I have never seen her in a role such as that one.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone who has to take on the Pamela "Poison Ivy" Isley has to be one who can pull off the seductive attitude that Poison Ivy is well known for. Angelina Jolie is really the only one I can think of who has the body and seductiveness to pull off such a role. I mean she doesn't even have to pretend to pull it off.

Jessica Alba or Scarlett Johansson just look too young to do it without looking like someone playing at being seductive. Uma Thurman wasn't a bad choice, but the way they made her look and how her character was written was on the cartoony side of the character. Michelle Pfeiffer is another who can probably pull off the role quite well, but too many people will see her as Catwoman.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are two new one-sheet posters released by Warner Brothers to be put up in theaters starting today with the premiere of I Am Legend. The latest teaser trailer for The Dark Knight is suppose to be attached to all I Am Legend showings.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, heeeeeeere's Joker!

Why so serious?

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I just this trailer(twice in a row!) and I must say that it's definitely looking like one hell of a Batman movie. Heath Ledger as The Joker is not disappointing at all from what I can see.

Another thing that looks interesting is that this movie looks to be more intense than the first one, which in my eyes is an awesome thing! Ooh I can't friggin' wait till summer, dammit!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh! Sorry about the double post but I just found the need to share this with everyone! I passed through the previous pages and didn't see any mention of it so here it is. A friend passed me a link(Which he got from who knows where) to paper called The Gotham Times! Here's the link:

http://www.thegothamtimes.com/

It has four pages of reading goodness for those whose eyes can see the small print or aren't that lazy and just magnify the image. I noticed that in page 1 in the article at the far right(the one about Harvey Dent and dirty cops) there's another site mentioned. When I checked if it existed, it did! Here's the link if you don't want to look for it!

http://www.thegothamtimes.com/

The articles themselves are really interesting, and some include info about what the characters from the first movie have been doing since and some events involving the Narrows Attack and the Fear Toxin. Enjoy!

Edit!

http://www.thehahahatimes.com/default.htm

This is another link to a version of The Gotham Times but vandalized by The Joker! Enjoy!
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I just sucked it up and downloaded that trailer on dialup.
It.. was.. sooooo worth it. *hop hop* I'm seriously loving Ledger as Joker, he's definitely looking all kinds of crazy, for certain!

I guess I went missing from this thread after my last note in here. I'm glad to see how some of you agree on my we need a new poison ivy idea. I don't know how I'd feel about Angelina Jolie doing it though. I guess it all depends on the design, if they can really bring out the crazy and morbid side of her plant obsession and get away from the trademark I'm a sexy supermodel look that Jolie has. I do agree that she's certainly a better choice than Uma Thurman, though.

Anyway, back to topic here. I was excited before, but that trailer... just oooh, I'm bursting with excitement, seriously now. I am curious to see if they'll use a second villian, and if so, who. I won't lie, I'd still love to see Scarecrow back, but I wonder if maybe it's too soon to bring back that character. Then again, I don't know if introducing another would be a good idea, with how much impact Joker will have. Perhaps our sole villian will be Joker, I can't say I'd be surprised. I suppose only time will tell though.

Very awesome, I haven't been this excited for a film in a very long time.

-My DeviantArt-
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Cillian Murphy is actually in the cast so that would mean Scarecrow will make some sort of appearance. Either a quick cameo which gets the second villain going or at least shown in Arkham behind bars. He did sort of gone crazy at the end of Batman Begins. But from what I've been hearing it looks like the movie will introduce Harvey Dent first as District Attorney and then as Two-Face.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is Cillian Murphy confirmed for Dark Knight? I know he's been rumored for a whole long time.

I was wondering if they'd count Harvey Dent as the second 'villan'. I'm expecting him to be good for the majority of the film, if not all of it. Which it foreshadowing his part as Two-Face for the next film. Just a guess, but it seems the easiest way to set up for the next film.

-My DeviantArt-
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling that Scarecrow will be more a cameo than any long sequences in the film. Everything seems to point to The Joker as the focal point of Bruce Wayne's obsession this time around. I mean when it comes down to it Batman was somewhat responsible for creating Joker and pretty much any other funny-looking villain who might have been infected by Scarecrow's fear toxin.

I know some people are concerned that the sequel may have too many villains. I haven't even mentioned the mobsters in the film who Harvey Dent is tasked of going after. With the main mob guy going nuts in the first film Gotham's underworld crime syndicate is up for grabs so many mobsters fight over the remnants. I just think that Nolan will continue to make Batman/Bruce Wayne the biggest dark character in the movies instead of letting the villains overshadow him like in the previous movies.

As long as there's no mention of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd or Tim Drake then i'll be happy. The Batman movies right now don't need to have a sidekick character to slow down the Dark Knight.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I checked imdb and noticed that the rumored was taken off Cillian Murphy, so hopefully this means that he's indeed confirmed.

I'm thinking he'll just be more of a cameo as well. Even that's enough to satisfy me, though. Focus on the Joker is what should be intended, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I just continuity, so even mention of the scarecrow again will make me happy.

As much as I like Dick Grayson, I'm in agreement that Robin shouldn't be introduced anytime soon. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in later on down the road, but there's no need for him at the moment, by any means. Of course, using Dick Grayson and his eventual rebellion into Nightwing, as well as the death of Jason Todd, could be used to keep up this dark image they're working with for Batman. Rushing things would seriously hurt the new image they've built though, and I'd like them to take their time with the series.

In retrospect, I sort of look at the old comics compared to the old movie. Back in times when comics had to watch how deep or how dark they got, and could have been taken more with a joke than anything. I think the films previous to Batman Begins, were in much the same style. It was hard to take them seriously.

Batman Begins opened up a new style, much darker, and much more like some of the newer comic portrayals of the characters. Finally, depth is brought into the characters, and everything isn't so black and white.

The cast choices for both movies (apart from Holmes) have been exceptional, though. I'm rather excited to see this series continue and see who else they introduce.

Cillian Murphy and Heath Ledger are my two favorite lesser known actors, so I have to say I'm excited to see them both in one film, even if it's quite limited for Murphy.

You'll definitely see me at The Dark Knight on opening night, no doubt about it.

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: