Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sport teams and/or athletes you love to hate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Sport teams and/or athletes you love to hate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After reading Sai Fujiwara's very detailed rants about his hatred for Michael Jordan and, more recently, his hatred for the dirty, dirty, dirty Spurs I thought it was high time we had a place to do our own rants about sport teams and athletes we just love to hate despite how talented or popular they may be.

So, let the vitriol and illogical hatred spew out. :)

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pete Sampras-- the Tennis player. He made Tennis boring and unwatchable for an entire generation of viewers. Not only did he just play boring tennis, he was an emotion-less tennis monster/machine. He'd win like his 7th Grand Slam, and just wave it off as if it were an every day occurance. Bullshit. Even Roger Federer gets emotion after winning a hard fought match. Not only does this make him seem like he thinks he's the greatest ever, it's just an insult to the tennis player He just beat. On the flip side-- Andre Agassi gets my love for being able to stay the #1 most classy American tennis player, even though he had to lost to that Pete Sampras jerk multiple times.

*fumes*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Michael freakin' Jordan

I used to be a fan of the guy. I loved him all through his first run. When he retired, I thought he was the best ever.

Then, it happened. Now, my favorite all-time player is one John Stockton, dedicated team player for the Utah Jazz. So comes 1997. This man and his partner, Karl Malone, the greatest duo in the history of the NBA (screw Pippin and Jordan, they were two individuals, not a real duo), got their shot at the title.

But look who came back, Mr. Jordan. All I hear about is him. The Jazz keep it competitive and we come to game 6. The Bulls in an admittedly clean game, but Jordan and his apparently life-threatening flu virus steals the MVP from other players who deserved it far more.

But that Jazz was a great team, as was their team the next year, when they did the same thing. Now, this is where two of my biggest, biggest peeves came from. We all know that superstars are going to get called less, and we know that the team they are on is always going to have more of an advantage. In game 6, it all came to a head. When Howard Eisley hit a half court 3 pointer that was called back, despite being irrefutably shot well before the buzzer, the writing was on the wall. When Jordan committed what should have been an offensive foul, he wasn't called and the Bulls won by one. Had the refs not had their heads up their asses on either of those calls, or had Michael Jordan not come out of "retirement" to give the refs an excuse to suck the Bull's ass during the finals, the greatest tandem in NBA history would have gotten the title they deserved and we wouldn't have seen such a travesty as, say, Malone on the Lakers.

But heaven forbid the mighty Michael get called for the fouls he commits! Why, he saved the NBA!!!

The New York Yankees

A-Rod said it himself, you either love them or loathe them. I loathe them. They're one of the big reasons why baseball sucks so much. They get insane contracts and it's apparently a sign of the apocalypse if they don't make the post season.

Curt Schilling

Speaking of Like them or loathe them, Curt Schilling's constant post season antics wore thin two seasons ago, now they're just annoying. Blah blah blah, good player, blah blah blah, possible Hall of Famer, I don't give a shit. The guy goes through, picks and chooses, plays politics to get whatever unreasonable demands he wants, and gets all of the credit for what, a bloody freakin sock? Are you kidding me?
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paula Radcliffe

I don't care how far you can run, i don't care what you think about <insert charity case>, peeing in the street is a CRIME, i don't care if you were half way through the London Marathon and were caught short, you do not pee in the street.

If i was running for a taxi after a night out but got caught short would it be okay if i stop, pee in the street then keep running like nothing happened?

Bloody hell...Should have gone before you left.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dallas Cowboys

Mostly because it's my sworn duty, having been born in DC and raised to be a Redskins fan, that it is my only mission in life to hate with all sorts of passion the Cowboys. I might possibly grudgingly respect them, but that's on a day when I'm feeling generous.

And yes. I hated Norv Turner when he was coach of the Redskins, even though he was the nicest sweetest guy in the world.

Florida Gators

Another one of those 'born / raised' to do things. Mostly because I've had cousins play for the Semonoles in the mid to late 80's. And Bobby Bowden always seemed like such a nice guy. Of course, I didn't hate the Gators with a burning fiery passion until Steve Spurrier became their coach. He talked more shit [and backed up some of it] than any coach in the history of the UF / FSU rivalry. He talked mess to everybody, and I couldn't stand him.

And yes. I hated him as Redskins coach, too.

New York Giants

They're the team that broke Joe Theismann's leg and a 9 year old girl's heart that night.

The New York Yankees

Because much like politics in this country, I can't stand it that they throw money at things [old washed up pitchers like Randy Johnson, for example] thinking that they can buy rings that way. I'm so glad that they're finally learning that it doesn't always work that way.

LA Lakers

This is what makes me saddest of all. I used to love the Lakers and hate the Celtics. But I couldn't stand how the team and management treated Shaq, and let Kobe run all over him like that. So points for Shaq for leaving. Then they bought Gary Payton and Karl Malone for one year deals because those fossils were on their last legs, and they still couldn't win the ring. So sadly enough, Malone won't be so much remembered for the devatstating Stockton to Malone combination as it was he sold his soul out to win a ring instead of retiring with the Jazz. The joy for me was last year when the Clippers went further in the playoffs than they did. Bonus: Jack Nicholson showing up for Clippers road games.

Lemme see, have I left anything out...

Oh!

Atlanta Braves

Nothing more to that hatred save the fact that they won the NL East for a kabillion years in a row and treated the Mets like nappy-headed stepchildren. And I don't like Ted Turner very much.

The Great Khali

Over in the wrestling thread, I could rant for a mile about all the different wrestlers that I hate, can't stand, don't have a bit of use for. But he easily tops my list because he's got neither talent, moves, nor mic skills. I hate Cena with a burning flame but at least he's got mic skills.

Whew!

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mme. Geddoe, L.T. might have been a crackhead, but that still will be remembered as one of the greatest hits of all time.

Amyral, kudos for hating Michael Jordan. I can't stand that bastard, and it's his fault that I can't ever stand the Bulls either. That and how ugly the logo is of the Chicago Bulls... God, it looks worse than diarrhea!

Chicago Bulls. Well, read above. It's all Jordan's fault...! AND THE DAMN LOGO!

I do love Rodman, because of his humorous bullshit that the media was stupid enough to cover all the time. Come on, the guy was just begging for attention, and like idiots we gave it to him. The man played hard, but so did Laimbeer. Neither were much for words, either. However, off the court, I think both players had redeeming value. Bill strikes me as a pretty decent guy, now coaching the Shock, and Rodman seems like any other guy. Sure, he's got a billion tattoos, piercings, and bad hair, but so do a lot of famous people these days. Rodman seems like a cool dude, kind of like Barkley, when you get down to the individual. (The "Rodzilla" gimmick with Hulk Hogan still cracks me up to this day!) There are those who wouldn't think so, though.

The New York Yankees
Biggest band of sell-outs. I mean, I respect the decision to sign for money, but that dick, Steinbrenner has built a reputation for just buying the best players in baseball, and with the lack of salary cap, to me, he just makes it outright sick.

But, there's more to that bullshit, too. Steinbrenner practically makes you lick his nuts, by playing and looking "his way." Fuck that, look what happened to Johnny Damon! That makes me so damn sick, it isn't funny. It'd be different if the guy always had short hair and no facial hair, but... Well, you all know anyway. I don't like the way the Yankees organization functions by buying who they want. I'd never play for Steinbrenner, if I were good. I also don't like the nickname... Yankees sounds like "spankies" and it's SUCH an old-school term. Sounds like something only old, drunken southerners would say these days...

Robert Horry
Fuck you and your cheap-shots, you dirty, dirty, dirty Horry... We know you pull your bullshit 3-pointers out of your ass for no fucking reason when all hell is breaking loose, but that doesn't make you a fucking all-star. Stop talking trash when you hit the shot, because most point guards in the NBA make FAR more than your stupid ass does throughout the year. If you were that good, you'd start. I think that says it all right there. Go fuck yourself, and I hope Mehmet Okur or Rasheed Wallace kicks you in the nads before the 2007 NBA Playoffs are over. *most hated currently active NBA player*

Phil Jackson
Most over-rated coach. Hard to say that about a guy that's won so many titles, but it's true. If he was so great, there's no way Detroit would've won the 2004 NBA Title. LOOK AT THE ROSTERS OF SUPERSTARS THIS GUY'S BEEN COACHING! ALL of his championship teams were fucking stacked with talent, but when the superstars started butting heads (Shaq & Kobe), he couldn't do shit but watch the Detroit Pistons rip his team a new one. I also think that the man is a mean and ugly-looking, old bastard. On the mic, he never has struck me as a man with a lot of class, but he also doesn't say a whole lot, either.

L.A. Lakers
UGH! Don't they have the ugliest jerseys?! PURPLE AND YELLOW?!?!?! That's like looking at puke mixed with shit covering the poor players out there. I also really don't like Phil Jackson, and Kobe's attitude has been an issue. I hear he's getting better, but I'll believe it if he can lead his team to a Western Conference Final again. Hopefully not as a Laker, OR under Phil Jackson. It isn't about Jack Nicholson, but all this hoopla surrounding them gets annoying. It was even better that Detroit ended their most recent era of so-called "greatness."

Peyton Manning
Perhaps both, one of the best quarterbacks in football today, AND one of the biggest, egotistical bitches playing right now. Quite a combination, but it's an awful one, because the guy is photogenic and has numerous promotions going on right now. They won't stop showing this jerk who's full of himself and loves to blame others for his mistakes. "Maybe if my offensive line would've blocked better..." (after losing to Pittsburgh in the playoffs a couple years ago...) BULLSHIT! Maybe if your sorry ass wouldn't fucking CHOKE all the time in the playoffs, you would've already had a ring! Well, unfortunately, now he does, but he still choked it up in the off-season this year EXCEPT in the Super Bowl. I hope he hasn't gotten over the post-season blues, because watching this whiny fuck choke in the playoffs is more amusing than how shitty the Detroit Lions have been playing these past few years. I love to think of how bad he might be, if he was given the same receivers that Tom Brady is forced to work with. We all saw how bad Reche Caldwell was during last years AFC Championship. Well, the Pats have good wide-outs this year, so that should change. I don't like Manning, and his little brother Eli is a damn bitch too, just like Peyton. *most hated currently active NFL player*

Eli Manning

Congrats on being #2, and being a bigger bitch than Peyton, too. That's quite an accomplishment.

Anaheim Ducks
You know, this team is dropping off this list fast with the shortening of the name to just "Ducks." But, that stupid Disney bullshit with the whole "Mighty Ducks" was both an insult and a slap to the face of the NHL. There's no fucking place in the league for that kiddy bullshit. Hockey is a man's sport, and ought to be respected as such, not degraded with that shit. I pity the poor guys who bled, cried, and sweat for that team, all while wearing a pussified kiddie jersey. Fuck you, Disney. Fuck you...

The name has changed, though, and so my attitude toward them... They're a pretty rough team right now, and they're facing the Red Wings, so I got a little leftover anger from all that. Expect that they'll be off this list soon, but that previous concern deserves attention.

Chris Pronger
Speaking of the Ducks... Yeah, this guy is a rough goon, who likes to play dirty. That hit on Thomas Holmstrom was bullshit, and he deserves the suspension, despite being a little fuck about it. That, in itself, just goes to show NHL fans that he's a dick. He IS a good player, but you know he can't be a decent guy if my mother (of all people) shouts "PRICK!" every time he touches the puck. He's earned a reputation, and sadly, it's deserved.

Patrick Roy
He's reitred now, but he falls into the same category of Peyton Manning-like bitches. A talented goalie, but one who should have learned to keep his damn mouth shut. He also should have been more of a man about the whole ordeal in Montreal. "I'll never play for this team again!" GREAT! We don't want your bitchy, cheap-ass. Yeah, he's one of those guys who purposely wore over-sized jerseys to take up more of the net. It's funny with Roy, though... The Detroit Red Wings have always been the team to show everyone what a bitch this guy is. They tore him up in his last game at Montreal, when he couldn't get a hold of himself. AND as a member of the Avalanche, during one of the heated Colorado-Detroit series, Roy made a stupid remark after a game, "...Then will they pay the price!"

Yeah, six goals later, Crawford benched his ass, and started trying to pick a fight with Scotty Bowman in one of the most priceless moments in sports history. Scotty, though known for being hot-headed, just stood and smiled up in the air, while Crawford threw a temper tantrum at him, following Detroit's six goals on Roy.

Wayne Gretzky
This one probably goes against my moral fibers, because Wayne was both talented and a pretty damn good guy. My beef with him is how the media acts like he's the undisputed best of all time, which I totally disagree with. Gordie Howe was better, because he had ALMOST as many goals as Wayne, and could put the hit on a guy. That's just something that Wayne never did, and IF he would've shown more balls like a Dino Ciccarelli or a Todd Bertuzzi once in a while, I might be able to agree with the media, for a change.

Minnesota Vikings
They're horribly out of place in the NFC North. Not geographically, but look at the franchises there. Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay are all historically TOUGH franchises all about football, and nothing else. The Vikings wear purple and they're all about entertainment. I don't like the "purple pansies" and I always pull for them to end up in last place.

Reggie Bush
It isn't because he's a dick, it's because (in my opinion) he isn't as good as people want to hype him up to be. He's too damn small to function as an effective feature running back in the NFL. Sure, he's got amazing speed and he's a good athlete, however he's much better served as a wide-receiver opposite Marques Colston. If the Saints ditch Deuce McAllister, I think their running game will be awful, if they try to start Reggie Bush. And I'm going to laugh when the media finds out how good of a back he isn't, in the NFL.

*sigh* Well, that was a lot off my chest. I know a lot of this is purely illogical, but I got my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. I'm sure someone here will mention the Pistons and or the Wings, which will ruffle my feathers, but I guess that's what this thread is for.

I just want to say thanks, Tull. This thread was a great idea. :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting. I usually hate players on a more year to year basis. And most of the time, I'd end up respecting them once they were gone. Prime example is MJ. The hatred I once felt for MJ isn't there anymore. Of course, that 97-98 team Bulls beat the greatest Pacers team ever, but I really don't mind it all that much. I miss the battles between him and Reggie Miller.

NFL

Barry Sanders- I never liked him. Great RB, but thats all I'll ever say. Last game of 97 also sucked a lot for me. Single handedly ruined the Jets playoffs chances in the last game of the year in the 2nd half. If I remember correctly, he also broke 2,000 yards for the year in that game.

Bill Belichick- Arrogant. Struck a gem in Brady.

Reggie Bush- Overhyped.

Herm Edwards
- Idiot

MLB-

Boston Red Sox- They've become more obnoxious than the Yankees. They have just as big a payroll. I don't like anyone on the team. Never will. Hopefully its another 100 or whatever years till they win a series.

Chicago Cubs- Unlovable losers. That 100 year aniversary is right around the corner!

NBA-

LeBron James- He's not the next MJ. He's just not. Not to mention the NBA sucks now. Win 6 titles, than we will start talking. But that won't happen. Even in this terrible league. There are no great teams right now besides the Spurs.

Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson- Ruined Reggie's last chances at a title. Maybe not so much O'Neal, but he's an overated bum.

Detroit Pistons- Reggie lost a couple series against the Pistons at the end of his career. There was also the brawl. The Wallace Thugs. The Miller copycat. Mr.Bigshot. Isiah Thomas. Absolutely nothing to like about this team. Nope.

Tennis-

Roger Federer- I don't watch tennis unless I have to. I just don't like the guy.

I've disliked too many guys throughout the years. I don't remember them all. But, these guys are definitely some of the prime offenders.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Samurai X wrote:
Not to mention the NBA sucks now. Win 6 titles, than we will start talking. But that won't happen. Even in this terrible league. There are no great teams right now besides the Spurs.

That's not true. I'll agree with the Spurs, but look at the Pistons... Oh, wait. You hate them. :P Well, love or hate them, they're still a great TEAM, which should be a reason to like them. Of course, you did have a valid few reasons to NOT like them, such as Isiah Thomas to name one. Is Billups really that hate-able of a guy, though? I can understand the others, but you really can't blame the whole Pacer brawl on the Pistons at all. That was all Ron Artest and that jackass of a fan.

Also, I don't really care for Reggie Miller, but since you like 'im... *laffy* Well, alright you got your reasons. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NBA:

San Antonio Spurs - I. don't. like. the. Spurs. Their brand of ball always seemed boring for me to watch, and I don't like them getting over Phoenix in some chaotic series. Then again, I didn't like them before either, and Derek Fisher's shot is probably the greatest and funniest loss the Spurs ever had.

LeBron James - Ever since the comparison to MJ, I've never liked LeBron James. If I picked someone from his draft class to cheer about, it'd be Kirk Hinrich or Chris Bosh. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny his skills, but I just can't find a reason to like him.

New York Knicks - I find the Knicks to be downright hilarious. I mean, how much do they spend on their roster every year and not even make the playoffs? Isiah Thomas has made himself some sort of a laughingstock with all his recent moves, which in turn resulted in a Knicks team laden with talent, but no chemistry.

There's more, but I'll just post again later.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Is Billups really that hate-able of a guy, though?

Yes. = )

Quote:
Also, I don't really care for Reggie Miller, but since you like 'im... *laffy* Well, alright you got your reasons.

As likeable as Reggie was to Pacers fans, I know most other teams fans hate him because he burnt them so many times. He definitely wasn't lovable in his post game interviews. Well, at least when he discussed the knicks. To add to that, he was clutch. The 2nd greatest shooting guard of the 90's. He really was a very hateable guy. I bet he finds his way on to this list eventually.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NBA:

Kobe Bryant - I never really liked the guy. Not ever. He can score all the points he wants, but the point is, he's still the ball hogging so called "superstar" that I really hate. It's not only that, but I just simply hate his attitude. He looks to me as if he thinks he's so great out there just because he can score a lot. Yeah, I don't deny the guy's talent, but even though he's still very good, his team still sucks. I just can't endure the guy's attitude, is all.

San Antonio Spurs - Well, just like Archy, I just don't like the Spurs' way of playing ball. I really find it boring no matter how I try to look at it, and it really doesn't help when I see that they're going to the finals yet again.

There are probably more but I'll just leave it up to that for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: