Suikoden Urgent and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shining Wind
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Shining Wind Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This new RPG game was announced by Sega in their "Summer Lineup 2007" announcement where there were a few notable games like NiGHTs Wii, Seaman 2 and some interesting DS titles like a Phantasy Star game.

Anyway! Shining Wind is an RPG which is about a schoolboy and his friend who get sucked into a medieval type universe where the schoolboy (Kiriya) discovers he is one of a few called the "Soul Bladers" who can pull swords out of people's hearts or something (not sure how that works). I think it means you can draw different swords out of different people, so maybe a kind person will give Kiriya a kind sword and the same with an aggressive person. The game has such a Suikoden battle scene look to it, and since it is a PS2 game, it isn't worrying about graphics, at all even. Some of the scenes remind me a bit of Golden Sun, Alundra or Final Fantasy Tactics for some reason because of the camera angle and sprites.

I gathered together a few images of the game, but there are hardly any on the internet.

It looks really good doesn't it? Nostalgic even. Oh and by the way, here is Sega's summer lineup announcement as covered by Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/05/15/103,1179216885,71713,0,0.ht ml
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've actually been tempted to go and pick up Shining Tears for fun, since I've been seeing character goods for the anime based off of these two titles and the designs look great.

Is this lineup announcement for Japan? I thought this game came out already over there. If it's coming out US Domestic, I'm going to rip open these Kool-Aid packets I have randomly sitting at my work desk and get myself completely hyped up.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you've caught a glimpse of the anime Shining Tears X Wind (the X is read as "cross" not the letter x) the anime and this are related

(ARG! I was TRICKED! I thought Shining Tears X Wind was an anime based more on Shining Tears not Shining Wind! >_< )

I haven't beat Shining Tears yet unfortunately so I probably won't be picking this game up
....Not to mention I've probably spoiled myself with watching the anime Shining Tears X Wind...>.> I can't exactly put down the anime now that I've started...can I?

Last edited by Ikano on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure this game isn't out anywhere yet...
Equus

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LoL Naditsu. I haven't looked into the anime too much...thinking of watching some one of these days, just cuz the character designs look really neat.

@ Hayashi - Looks like Shining Wind for the PS2 was released mid May.

I want...but from what I hear this and Shining Tears has a decent amount of text, which would be far beyond my preschool level Japanese. >.<
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hit the jackpot of screenshots.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/shin/shinwind/screens/shinwindss051407-1.h tml

Equus wrote:
@ Hayashi - Looks like Shining Wind for the PS2 was released mid May.

What?! It is already out? :shock:
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game was released in Japan last month. There's no confirmed date for a North American release. There may never be a release date for North America.

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah...most of the references at import sites I saw have a release date of May 16, 2007. If we could get it over to the US as a release, I'll be a hap hap happy camper.

Maybe I will go ahead and buy Shining Tears. It's available for pretty cheap nowadays. Then I'll just have to pray real hard that Shining Wind makes it over the ocean. >.<
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That or request the guy who made Last Scenario to make a game that look as pretty as Shining Wind but with the addicted quality of Last Scenario's Hex card game.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way...from what I can tell of the anime...the two games (Shining Tears and Shining Wind) aren't exactly related --meaning they aren't exactly sequels of each other exactly or something like that.......

cuz then there would be no point to them making the anime then
................OK <.< maybe that's a partial guess....but um...yeah...

*goes back to sit in the corner to quietly poke at his unfinished Shining Tears file*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am pretty sure this game isn't continuing on from the previous game. It'll probably just be available to Japan by the looks of it, a PS2 game with those graphics at this point in time is not going to prove popular with the North American or European audiences.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks great, I'm hesitant to get excited for it though because I've heard some bad things about it's predicessor Shining Tears. We're all RPG fans, and for those who have played ST, what was you're interpretation? I've seen it at Gamestop, but decided against picking it up because of the bad reviews. What flaws does the game have and how are they expected to be corrected in SW??

I hate you Onimaru.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*glances around to see if anyone else wanted to reply first*
Onimaru wrote:
We're all RPG fans, and for those who have played ST, what was you're interpretation? I've seen it at Gamestop, but decided against picking it up because of the bad reviews. What flaws does the game have and how are they expected to be corrected in SW??
Erm...well...I haven't beat it yet but it's an ok game I guess.
There's some little issues I recall when playing it though...like I personally don't get the smith weapon system at all and find it sort of unecessary at this point of the game...I remember reading reviews before buying the game saying that the partner's AI is pretty low (and I guess it is compared to other games) but I didn't have too big of a problem with it....although I guess I sorta wish I could sort of tell them to run away/stay put rather than use the other analog stick to make em run the opposite direction while I'm busy fighting off the enemies with the first analog stick...I guess.
But yeah...I didn't feel Shining Tears was particularily bad nor good....

I haven't really looked up any info about Shining Wind so I wouldn't know how it compares but if I leave out the fact I've watched some of the eps of the anime I mentioned earlier...
I wouldn't think about getting Shining Wind based solely on these few screenshots/tidbit of info Uji has presented...honestly speaking....

Equus

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think on another forum I read an importer say that they thought Shining Wind's combat system was better, which wouldn't be surprising. Personally, I like the aesthetic quite a bit, which is why I'd go off and buy something like this. ^_^
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Judging by the desciption of this game I am definately interested in playing it and that second screen shot with the centaurs has got me hooked XD

<3 Centaurs.

I will most likely by it even though I really know nothing about it but hey it looks cool!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: