Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

VLC Media Player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: VLC Media Player Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This player is great, it plays just about any movie file (haven't found one it didn't play yet). So if you're like me and somehow come across all these different file types, this player won't let you down. It's also quite minimalistic so it does the job and doesn't annoy you with all this crap going on down the sides of the video.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Decado

Desert Elite

Potch
Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked this up last week as despite my best efforts the DVD I ripped wouldn't play any sound, I even ran several Codec finder programs (such as the suspiciously named 'G-Spot') which all came up with nothing.

This program is great as it doesn't actually use Codecs. Highly recommended.

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sound problem? Hmm, thats just about the first time I've heard of a problem like that with VLC. Decado, you have all the luck. :P
Decado

Desert Elite

Potch
Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a sound problem with a certain DVD until I tried VLC. That's why I recommended it^^

The Shins

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I keep it around for the trickier movie files. It doesn't see use all that often though.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pretty much only use VLC player. It's by far the best media player I've ever used. Also, it doesn't have all that extra crap around the sides that take away my computer's memory, slowing down the video quality, when all I want to do is what the video! So it's nice-- a very, very good media player.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I downloaded this ages ago, probably one of the better things I've downloaded. About the only thing I don't watch with it are DVD movies, but things like dowloaded TV shows and stuff I always use VLC.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also use VLC. Its the best. Even if the movie file seemed broke or somewhat atleast thats what the computer says, it has an option to repair it so I can watch it. Its the best player I've ever seen.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

Potch
Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mainly use VLC for movies and anime I get >_> for music I tend to use itunes since my windows media player errors all the time and I dont think VLC has a screen where you can scroll through all your music that you can only just click one file at a time and let it load and have it play from that.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ohh I do have this video player......wasn't sure if I had it when I first saw this thread from school

I only got it so that it could play raw .flv files though
.....more often then not I use Media Player Classic by default to watch anime and what not.....

It's out of habit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm the same as Nadi-chan. I used MP classic for anime and VLC for when I want to alternate between subtitles and none.

RKD's TKO

Potch
Soldiers
175 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah this player has been around for quite some time. Like what Mr. Katana says, it's really useful and convenient minus the unwanted/unnecessary bells and whistles.
Deadly Assassin

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've used VLC ever since I started downloading videos because it can play basically every kind of video file. So get it if that's what you plan to do.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

Potch
Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does it allow to switch between regions as well? If not, I'll just go back to playing with my Regionless DVD player on top of my tv :-P.

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
Does it allow to switch between regions as well? If not, I'll just go back to playing with my Regionless DVD player on top of my tv :-P.

I'm not sure, it wouldn't hurt to try as VLC plays just about everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: