Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 being developed by Hudson and Konami TYO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but what is Wai Wai World? What type of a game is it?

Skymansxeno (hard name to type!), Wai Wai World is sort of like a Super Mario-style action game where you play as konami's famous characters, and they all fight to defeat some sort of evil. I think the first one had Simon Belmond of Castlevania, King King (Konami made a King King game), Goemon, main character from Goonies, and you got to use Vic Viper (Gladius) and Twinbee in some stages. It's sort of like "Parodius."
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wai... Wai? That's a very interesting game...

But, hearing this news makes me jump for joy already. I can't wait until Suikoden V comes out. For all we know they could be doing the finishing touches by now. So we have to keep our eyes peeled for any more clues. :D

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what kind of suikoden chara would be in Wai Wai world? maybe a kobold or a nay-kobold? one of the welcome basket dogs? Mermaid?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alicia Longfellow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am quite pleased to hear this bit of news, even though I found SIV to be lacking. The best part of it for me was getting more of Ted's backstory. Although I was a bit disappointed with it, I will never stop being a Suikoden fan. SII continues to be my favourite game of all time, I just wish they'd make an anime out of it.

Blackjack wrote:
Three words, Konami, three words.

Female Tenkai Star.

That would be very interesting. I think the only way it would happen though, is if it did take place in Falena. I, for one, would like to see a male character with a Falcon rune for a change.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena wrote:

Black Jack wrote:

Three words, Konami, three words.

Female Tenkai Star.

That would be very interesting. I think the only way it would happen though, is if it did take place in Falena. I, for one, would like to see a male character with a Falcon rune for a change.

I agree. We'll just have to wait for the release of Suikoden V to see which of these speculations or requests will come true. I'm hoping for a female lead as well, it might help Suikoden become more diverse.... We'll see it soon. As the first post said, this already started long ago.....

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An option of gender for the main character would be very nice, since the gender of the main character never affects the storyline.

^Actual quote!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
An option of gender for the main character would be very nice, since the gender of the main character never affects the storyline.
I wouldn't say that the gender never affects the storyline, just that it wouldn't have a huge affect. Certain things in the suikoden games have been tailored to a male character to the point that a female character put in the same place would make no sense.

Also to note, we have had a female main character. Chris in Suikoden 3 was a female and a main character. She wasn't however a tenkai star which is what we have lacked. I really don't see any glaring need for one since there is always an important character close to the hero that is female. With 108 stars of destiny we have plenty of males and females for my enjoyment.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow SARSadmin, that is fantastic news! I still haven't played IV yet, but that's only because it's at my house now. I'm glad it hasn't been spoiled for me yet, either, since still all I know about it is that it takes place on a ship (having minimal knowledge of other Suikoden games helps...)
I haven't read any other posts in this thread, so my mind is a blank slate...Tabula Rasa, if you wish
I have to wonder though if it's gonna come out for the PS2 or the PS3. It's be pretty cool if it came out for one of those systems as well as the PSP, since for me anyways the RPGs will sell the system. I'd rather it come out for the PS2 than the PS3 because by now the developers know the system and what it can do pretty well. As a first gen PS3 title it could have alot of technical problems that haven't been worked out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: