Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 being developed by Hudson and Konami TYO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wrote:
And please; don't make me warn this thread about people posting a "Wish List" for Suikoden V. This is a thread to discuss news of Suikoden V - not a great big thread on what will be cool or not - please start another thread somewhere if you want to do that.

See. This is why I don't want people saying what they want or don't want to see for Suikoden V. Half the stuff you said was irrelevant or a joke, but it still amounts to the same thing, bringing needless "spammy" posts to the thread.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
david the great

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think Fliktor has a good point you should not put down what you want to see in suikoden 5 because some ppl go to far and make big lists of things and this is not the thread you should be useing make a thread called wish list for suikoden 5 or something if you want to tell everyone what you want to see in this game.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Making wish lists would only lead to disappointment. We never had one for out first Suikoden title (for most people, it's II), so we'd never label it as one: but instead develop a tendency to label to subsequent games as disappointment because they "fail" to address our wishes.

Not everyone is like that though. Just a thought.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ma just curious as to how far the new production is. As mentioned usually voice recording is among the very last things done. So if at the very least casting has been done if not actual recording yet, I think it is very likely that we may be hearing about suikoden 5 fairly soon. Probably this year.

But considering the length of the 4th game in comparison to the previous 2 games and the common cries of it being incomplete I am really thinking we are going to have a continuation of the 4th game. It would be most logical.

And I am looking forward to seeing what the team being added to the project might bring to the table.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a thought that Suikoden V could be Suikoden IV-2 like Final Fantasy X-2

I can just hear the cries of Suikoden fans everywhere as I write this; but I wouldn't even begin to judge the game before I played it.

Anyway, the progress is unknown; especially as there is no official word on the game in progress - just strongish rumours that have reasonable-to-faint doubts. Simply put, I don't know.

But voice acting doesn't prove anything. He could be voice acting for a teaser trailer that doesn't show any game details and is just a short annoying teaser with words and a black screen.

They could, as has been said, be voice acting for the main characters battle noises, or voice acting over a trailer, or voice acting for a character for a one-off showing. It could really be anything, and as of yet, we don't have enough information to say, but rest assured, you will all find out when there's information to be found.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't think that a Suikoden iv-2 would be such a bad thing at all. I thought there where a lot things in iv that could be built upon. If it is going to be a Suikoden iv-2, I would imagine it would maybe reveal more of Kulook and the bigger island country that used to posses Razril (can't remember, starts with a G).

But I think that a Suikoden iv-2 is doubtful actually.

I do think that we will prabably get a Suiko V announcement at least by TGS in fall. That is, if the info is true (which it probably is).
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it really official or its just a rumour. If it is true then that's a good news. It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a sequel 0f suiko4 or it's a continuation of suiko3. If it's sequel to suiko4 I wish it could develop some characters in 4 like suikoden 1 to suikoden 2.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is apparently confirmed that they are working on GS5, but there are -no- details as to what it will be. No mention of timeline, to which game if any will it be a sequel, potential recurring characters, physical setting, True Runes, anything. It is entirely a blank slate to us as yet.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
I would imagine it would maybe reveal more of Kulook and the bigger island country that used to posses Razril (can't remember, starts with a G).

You mean the Gaien Dukedom.

I don't really see how this concept of a 'Suikoden IV-2' varies too much from the other sequels.

I doubt it'll be a direct sequel following the Tenkai Star from Suikoden IV and if the difference is that the action shifts to the Kooulk Empire and/or the Gaien Dukedom, say, three years later and has the nations deal with the events of three years prior as well as its own mounting problems while having a bunch of Stars of Destiny return as well as introducing a pile of new ones...

Well, then it's the Suikoden II of the new creative mind for the series, isn't it?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Is it really official or its just a rumour. If it is true then that's a good news. It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a sequel 0f suiko4 or it's a continuation of suiko3. If it's sequel to suiko4 I wish it could develop some characters in 4 like suikoden 1 to suikoden 2.

Remember before Suikoden IV came out and Konami of America released a statement saying the game would be set 150 years prior to Suikoden I, but then it was completely removed? Well same thing here (except not on Konami of America's webiste - it was on a Japanese game shops website). The statement about Suikoden V was made, and then removed. Though, if Konami ever actually monitored this site, they'd know we knew anyway.

I think the only reason I mentioned "Suikoden IV-2" was if it was still set in the same nation i.e. Island Nations. Then I that wouldn't just be seen as a continuation of the ongoing theme, but a direct story link depending on the timeline.

However, you could set it in Falena, and depending on georgraphical locations and certainties, then you could include some other Island Nation islands, like Gregminster in Suikoden II. If this also was a prequel for the first three, but a sequel for IV, then you could potentially have a lot of recuring characters.

I'd say it's almost definate that if it is a new Suikoden it will be set within one of the following nations; Harmonia, Falena or Nameless Lands. I doubt Konami would pong the player on a completely unheard of nation - though there's always the possibility.[quote]Is it really official or its just a rumour. If it is true then that's a good news. It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a sequel 0f suiko4 or it's a continuation of suiko3. If it's sequel to suiko4 I wish it could develop some characters in 4 like suikoden 1 to suikoden 2.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in a bit of a pickle decided whether I want it to be set in a new continent or to take place back in the Scarlet Moon Empire to do the sucession war. Though I like the idea of it happening in Harmonia or Falena the idea of the Sucession War tickles me a bit more. I doubt they would do it but the possiblity of the returning characters like Teo and the other generals (that would also include Georg since he was there) and new ones like Sonya's mother, is just to tempting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with heading back to the Scarlet Moon Empire is... well, we know what it looks like. We know the cities, the fortresses, the regions, the tensions, the political situation and we'll also know what will happen throughout the game.

Some people disliked Suikoden IV because it was a prequel and thus 'diminished' the meaning of the game. After all, no matter what you did, the future was still going to turn out like the first three Suikoden games right? And that's when we didn't actually know what would happen within the game itself.

This would be the same, except you'd be just going over what you already know, there'd be no surprises, just a brief nostalgia factor, which tends to fade all too quickly.

Meh, maybe I'm just of the view that Suikoden need to keep moving forward, rather than bringing back characters over and over for the sake of it, they should create more loveable characters we can realisticaly bring back for a second showing. Otherwise the appeal quickly drains. Viki and Jeane are four for four right now but no-one hyperventilates when they see them because its taken for granted, I wouldn't like to see that happen with, say, Viktor or Flik. (Who I'm using as examples because some people have never really gotten over the fact that their story is done, instead, they seem to pray that they'd turn up in Suikoden III or fall through a time-warp into Suikoden IV or some such nonsense)

So, um, you know. Move forward, not sideways. Or something.

Besides, Highland is the one that deserves a new game to itself. They take apart the City-State in Suikoden II and almost reign supreme over all of Dunan before their collapse and they only get two towns (Sajah and Kyaro), a let-down of a dungeon (L'Renouille) and the Tenzan Pass? A crime, I say!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is definatly great news, i look forward to hearing more about its productions...ill keep all my wishful thinking to myself for now hahaha...

also i heard Konami is making another Wai Wai World game and itll be in full 3D and will feature Suikoden characters!! great news all around.

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forgive my ignorance but what is Wai Wai World? What type of a game is it?
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope this is true... And I hope it will be a great game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: