Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 being developed by Hudson and Konami TYO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned Falena and Harmonia are the only two unexplored regions left in the Suikoverse

You do realise that Suikoden I to IV were set on only one continent. As we know Falena is on another continent, it's safe to assume that there are far far far more places to uncover than just the one continent.

Quote:
and Harmonia is reserved for the final game, of course

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Quote:
do you work for Konami or something

Way to blatantly tell everyone and spoil his secret :wink:

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami must be well into the production if they're already overdubbing voice acting. I'd think that voice acting would be one of the last things they'd do. I mean, the script has to be more or less finished, with the scenes all mapped out and whatnot.

I'm most curious about what the timeframe is going to be. S4 really threw a monkey-wrench into the series, going far back in time and being essentially unrelated to the previous 3 games. You'd think that Suikoden 5 would shed some light on *why* Konami decided to go back 150 years for S4.

I have few requests for S5, but I have to say, I hope they leave Viki and Jeane out of it. I'm sick of them, and they're stupid secrets. Out with those 2 already. They can teleport to Pesmerga's house and live in mystery forever, for all I care.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Things that i hope to see in Suiko 5:

1. I want Sierra to be in the game

2. I want it to take place in Harmonia

3. I want the battle system to be like in Suiko 1 & 2.

4. I want it to take place 5-15 years after Suiko 3 to give us some sense of continuity.

5. Another Trinity Sight System would be COOL!

Things that i hope is not in the game:

1. A short playtime( i want it to last at least 60 hours )

2. Lame voice actors.

Anyway, i hope Konami surprises us all and delivers a Suikoden that surpasses previous Suikoden games.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Konami must be well into the production if they're already overdubbing voice acting."

I don't know about well into production (even though they could be) but that's why I said we might get something at E3. I mean if all this information is acurate, then a voice actor would indicate a trailer or something is being made.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Har ...har...har... Suiko 5 in progress....i luv it !

I don't wanna it will be set in Harmonia..... i need more mistery, contoversy, and more character heheheheheh
By the way wish the next game have more true rune....
And ofcourse FEMALE Tenkai Star heheheheh it's time for woman.... and we can customize the main character look hehehehehhehehe
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are some of my suggestions
-a customizable hero (you can pick their sex, outfit, weapon among other things)
-a customizable castle (you possibly could make it into a castle like S1, or a city-castle like in S2 and S3, you could possibly even make it into a boat, but the boat could like be for when you are at sea...)
-the 6 member battle system (I wouldn't mind if it was as fast as S4, as long as they have spell animations)
-better spell animations then the last game (could be short, but better looking, like the other games)
- I had an idea about "failing attacks." Instead of the typical "MISS" you could see an animation where like they trip or something like that or like get caught up in the attack.
-Like multiple attack types per person (if someone has a weapon that can be thrown, such as knives, from far away they could throw them, but close up they could attack normally).

that is all I can think of right now.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

compared to say games like MGS3 suikoden 4 was really a slipshode production for Konami. i understand that since its an RPG it probly has more to put in it than other games but 4 really could have been alot better as long as 5 has more work put into it and a few things goten rid of an added i think it would be a good game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
"Konami must be well into the production if they're already overdubbing voice acting."

I don't know about well into production (even though they could be) but that's why I said we might get something at E3. I mean if all this information is acurate, then a voice actor would indicate a trailer or something is being made.

Voice acting could be for a voice over of a trailer, or it could be for a character. I doubt they're at the stage to fully voice over the script, but they might be at a developmental stage where they're testing and recording voices for minor characters.

If the voice acting is for a trailer, then remember, Snowe had a voice in the Suikoden IV trailer.

And please; don't make me warn this thread about people posting a "Wish List" for Suikoden V. This is a thread to discuss news of Suikoden V - not a great big thread on what will be cool or not - please start another thread somewhere if you want to do that.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is great news! Let's only hope that that tiny deleted blurb is true. I really don't want this series to end, especially after 4 being a prequel that didn't advance the main story in the timeline post-SIII, so I can only hope that V will in fact be made. It seems the "Rumors Shelter" portion of this web site will get back into high gear once again! :D

MMan9000 wrote:
I actually didn't think that any Suikoden sucked. I thought that each of them were good in their own ways. I might've disliked somethings about each game, but not to the point of saying they sucked. However, that is my personal preference and I can't make up your own minds for you...

Exactly how I feel. There are things I'd love to change in all the Suikodens, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying each game as their own and not as a part of a series where each installment must be identical. SIV was tedious at times, but it was no less addictive and fun to play than the others.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned Falena and Harmonia are the only two unexplored regions left in the Suikoverse

You do realise that Suikoden I to IV were set on only one continent. As we know Falena is on another continent, it's safe to assume that there are far far far more places to uncover than just the one continent.

Wow, you're right, in that case, I hope it's set in Falena so they can introduce the new continent, that way they can use place from there for the next few games. Although... I would imgine it would feel very disjointed from the earlier games, and the only contact with a place we've previously been would the the Island Nations. Of course, it would also give a good chance to expand on some of the mysteries of the Suikoverse... yar.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Quote:

Voice acting could be for a voice over of a trailer, or it could be for a character. I doubt they're at the stage to fully voice over the script, but they might be at a developmental stage where they're testing and recording voices for minor characters.

If the voice acting is for a trailer, then remember, Snowe had a voice in the Suikoden IV trailer.

Or it could just be more grunting for the Hero. That's something they could get out of the way fairly early on. :roll: I'm of the opinion that if they're going to introduce voice acting to this series, the least they can do is let the main character speak!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's great that there's going to be a fifth installment of the suikoden series.But hopefully the game producers dont rush it.I'd rather have a game that I have to wait a few years for then a mediocre game that doesn't intrigue me.That's just my oppinion though.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true, but, by tradition, Suikoden games are always rushed. Which seems a bit strage. For a game that doesn't seem to factor very high on Konami's priorities (even though it always sells out with the miniscule amount of copies they produce) they seem to be very strict on its deadlines. Would it really hurt them to say "Do you know that RPG series we have? Yeah, instead of November, it's out in December. What a world!"?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Exactly how I feel. There are things I'd love to change in all the Suikodens, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying each game as their own and not as a part of a series where each installment must be identical. SIV was tedious at times, but it was no less addictive and fun to play than the others.

Nutflush, we're in total agreement. I have enjoyed all Suikodens, even though there were sections of all games I disliked.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here:

-Should have trinity
-More gametime
-Good dubbers.I really went into an uproar of rage and confusion, when i heard Shiramine's voice.
-More variety of enemies
-More lottery prizes
-MORE ANIMALS!!!!Suikoden 4 only gave us the cat in Razril..
-Yes, a customizable HQ, where you can put decorations and antiques all over the place.Not just in your room,the bath, and a decoration room
-TOILETS, people, TOILETS.
-More vessels of transportation.Example:Ship,or carriage or wagon or something.Maybe a rune-powered car???
-A BETTER storyline than 4.
-Harder bosses
-Huge world map,like in Suikoden 4.
-Don't have to encounter enemies so frequently like in 4
-Anyways, in most cases, make it NOT LIKE 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: