Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 being developed by Hudson and Konami TYO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Suikoden 5 being developed by Hudson and Konami TYO Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have heard before that the voice actor "Mugito" stated in his blog that he did a recording for "Genso Suikoden" last month.
That entry was deleted later, and replaced with "a game."

Previously, we have had similar "leaks" concerning Suikoden being deleted after being posted, such as the "150 years ago" information that was posted on the Konami of American site, which was deleted within a few days. Only months after that did Konami officially state that the timeline is 150 years before that of Suikoden 1.

Well, another one of these "delted information" has surfaced.

In the a reputable Japanese video games store information site (http://www.fk2net.com/games/), it was posted that--

Genso Suikoden 5 in joint production by KonamiTYO and Hudson.

This entry was detected by the folks at 2ch.net, and was also recorded by the Gensui Kouryaku Shinsho fansite.

Based on precidence, this is a strong indication that Suikoden 5 is already in production.

By the way, Konami rpetty much owns Hudson now, so it is not surprising that the two companies are joining forces. Hudson has had some successful RPGs in the past (the Tengai Makyo series, for example) so they do have the know-how.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy shitpies.

I don't really like how the Far East of Eden games play, but perhaps this will return the series to its original Chinese setting.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that this game doesn't get rushed. I would really like to play it as soon as possible but I don't want it to be rushed and have a lack of quality to the game. Suikoden IV just came out in the U.S. a few months ago. I find it shocking that the fifth installment is already in production.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We know that Suikoden IV was already in production when Suikoden 3 was released in Japan, so this isn't that surprising. The development team is probably very different as well, seeing that they've tapped into Hudson.

The Suikoden 3 development team's work on OZ (new action game) is pretty much finished now, so perhaps they are involved in Suikoden 5 as well.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is great news! Lets hope they dont rush it and put in alot of quality time to make another classic!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Judging on how it's already on development, would it be a fair assumption that Suikoden V would still be on PS2 console rather than PS3 (or any other future console)?

It is definitely a good news, and hopefully they will keep improving Suikoden games.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOOT! I was worried that they were going to cut the series short. But this is not what I needed, I haven't even gotten to play Suikoden 4 yet, and now 5 is in development. Hopefully they can wait a while and put it out on the PS3, because from what I've heard, the PS3 is going to destroy every console EVER! THis thing is gonna RAWK!

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so when does the speculation begin? ahhh the sad memories of that..um "the castle forum" and the old suikosource, running around saying what "we think" will happen or be like.

its not the same, but I guess its that time again. are they going to keep going backwards in time?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami better take their time and produce something of GOOD quality!

And get more creative people and have more wonderful plotlines, characters and everything...

I really really really hope that Suikoden 5 will possess all the positive points that all four previous games had.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga, When is the PS3 due for release anyway?? 2006 or 2007?? I presume Suikoden V wont be out until at least 2007 so it is a possibility that it could be released for the PS3.....no?

kuwaizair, I personally would like them to continue on with the story sometime after the events of Suikoden III, i felt to far disjointed from the first 3 in the series when i played IV, but that probubly just me. But if they do decide to continue going backwards in the time line i am sure there is ample material between the end of IV and the start of I to make a hell of a game!
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope this game is better than Suiko 4 and has a more interesting storyline. I would bear to have the voice removed if they could pay more attention on character development, and a larger world map than the previous Suikoden games.
Punisher of Souls

Crescent blade Empire

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I want is for Suikoden 5 to have a deeper storyline and allow the player to explore more of the Suikoden world. I would like it to be a sequel to Suikoden 4, reveal a lot more about some undeveloped characters and maybe even make a larger map to explore.

4 was good, but it was rushed too much at the end. I'm hoping it to be on PS2 again (and if there'll be a PS3, it will be able to read all disc regions (refering to PAL and NTSC) so I can play Suikoden 3 as well! :)
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhhh yes great news. I am very pleased to hear that there will be a fifth installment in the series. I find myself increasingly nervous about future games every time a new suikoden is released. As we all know the suikoden series does not get that much press, and the sales never break any records so i am always worried about the end of suikoden. But now i can happily put my fears to rest for the time being as it would appear. What i am most interested to hear is what time period the next game will be in. Will they continue on with the events after 3 or maybe 4, or will they even go further in the past.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Crosses fingers* COME ON HERO'S WAAAAAAAAAARR!!!!!!!!! GIMME A LITTLE BIT O' THAT ARONIAN LOVIN!!!!!!!!!!

Tenkai star=Hikusaak

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good news man. It seems as if Suiko V might actually be in production. I just have one question though. Whats Hudson exactly and might I know something that they have done? Edit: (eh..just read the very bottom of the first post...I don't think I probably know of anything they have done)

Anywho, I am hoping for some Suiko V info in the upcoming E3. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: