Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Last Scenario
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Last Scenario Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A friend of mine/Tull/Sailor/Amyral/etc makes videogames as a hobby, and he just finished up and released his third major project today. I haven't played it yet, but I can already tell you by the others that it will be pretty good. His last game was a sort of Suikoden-spinoff in style, with S2 type army battles and 60-80 playable characters. This one is more of a standard traditional RPG, but don't let that deter you. The script, the bulk of the art, and everything in between he designed himself using RPGMaker I believe. So without further delay, here's the introduction post he made for it:

Origami wrote:

After a year of work, it's finally finished. As you can probably tell from the screenshots, this is an RPG. It was made by me alone, with the help of a few playtesters, using RPGMaker XP. All of the character portraits, most of the character and enemy sprites and a lot of the coding was my work, the rest was standard RPGMaker material. It's also free -there are download links at the bottom of the post.

It's been in production for a long time, so I'm pretty excited about finally bringing it out, and I hope people will like it.

Features:
  • 30-40 hours of gameplay
  • Around 40 characters with their own portrait(s)
  • Over 1000 different rooms
  • A collectible board game (where tiles can be traded for items)
  • A 'spellcard' system where magic and skills give stat boosts and penalties
  • Plenty of sidequests

I like my RPGs to be plot-driven, so that's more or less what you get. I've thrown in some puzzles throughout the game, but I admit I'm not so good at coming up with them. Difficulty is not -that- high, but it's certainly harder than most RPGs that come out nowadays. When I started, the concept I based it on was to take a really cliched RPG backstory (destined heroes fighting demons etc) and then turn it all around during the game. I hope I succeeded, but at least don't let the intro text scare you off.

A few screenshots:

Note 1: Once the game is installed, there is a Manual.doc in the installation folder. I know from experience that most people will never read it even though it's one page long, but it tells you how to actually change controls and video settings, so here are at least the most important two:

F1: change controls/video settings (see manual for explanation)
Alt+Enter: switch to full screen. I have no idea why there is no regular key for this.

Note 2: The game was made to use the MS Gothic font, which was the only decent standard monospaced font I could find. I don't know if it's proper to offer it for download, but it comes automatically with Windows if you install Japanese language support. If you don't have the font, the game will still run, but default to Courier New which doesn't look that good. (Lucida Console looks better than Courier but is wider, so it would mess up a lot of the game text).

DOWNLOAD LINKS
Hosting should stay up, but anyone's free to put up a mirror.

Last Scenario v1.01

Last edited by Shad on Sun May 13, 2007 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Septimus

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game does by no means bear the signs that it's a single man's work. It's great as far as I've played it, and I've heard it gets a lot better. Everyone should check this out.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to download this, but every time I open the download link, I get a 404 error.

Code:

The requested URL /Last_Scenario/Last Scenario v101.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry about that. I'm not sure why that one didn't work, but I put up a new one that should.

Edit: But it doesn't. I'll see if I can get ahold of the guy before I leave for the day.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like a nice game, feels like a nice game but I can't download it. I want to but each time I try to access the link, I get an error 404 notice. Anything wrong?

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems as though the guys bandwidth is all used up due to the popularity of the game. I believe Shad is working on uploading it on another location for us to be able to download, though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's nice. Can't wait for it.

Valence Turmeil
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks amazing for a game made by one person, tell him well done for me Shad!
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, the link really does work this time, at least for the time being. It might go down too if there's too much bandwidth, but I'll upload it to FFGurus once I've finished downloading it myself.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It does. We have to unzip it right?

Valence Turmeil
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's a rar file, basically the same as a zip. If you can't get it to work try downloading winrar - it's free and can handle files of that sort.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, already have it. As a matter of fact, I just played it. So the Main guy's Hilbert huh? Classic story getting picked on by bullies but then ends up saving the world.

Valence Turmeil
Deadly Assassin

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm downloading now and excited. I played Exit Fate, this guy's first game and had a lot of fun, and I'm sure this one will be excellent as well.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game looks real interesting!
I've downloaded it already but I'll have to wait till after my finals to try it...x_X

Is there a chance that the last one they made(The Suikoden spin-off one) is still uploaded somewhere for download? :o

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Is there a chance that the last one they made(The Suikoden spin-off one) is still uploaded somewhere for download? Surprised

Yes, I've been playing this game a bit today, and I'm really enjoying it, so I'm curious if the Suikoden-ish game is still available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: