Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eurovision
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Eurovision Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is anyone else going to watch this in an hour? I'd never even heard of the thing until last year when Lordi's exploits drew it a good deal more attention than usual. I ended up watching the whole thing live online and got quite a kick out of Terry Wogan's commentary and the actual voting/tallying process, granted Finland, Lithuania, and Germany were the only decent and/or entertaining entries out of the lot of them. I'll be tuning in again today, and being in the United States and all I have no prior knowledge of any of the acts going in to this. It ought to be interesting. That, and Lordi get to show off a new song at the end. I can't wait for Ozzfest this year. :D
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The British entry is pure pop horror unfortunately.

I'll flick around and watch some of this but nothing will match Lithuania's (I think) entry from last year - 'We are the winners of eurovision'. What a song, shame they lost.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The British entry makes me cry. A lot.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, the consensus is that Britain's song is terrible... so, knowing how the voting has been for the last few years, they might well get a lot of votes.

I like Ireland's song, You Can't Stop The Spring. I've heard it so often that I can't help but like it now.

I'll be watching the results, anyway. The rest of the program is torture to watch, for me. I wonder what Eastern European country will win? :|

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm watching it while I'm sitting here at the PC. I don't like Ireland's song, I don't like this kind of music. Except of the german song, which is bad, I didn't hear any of the other songs.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I predict that none will make a Lordi impact. But that's because Lordi proved that they were more awesome and so much better than 99.9% of the artists that ever competed there.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serbia won, Ukraine nearly won, and the UK nearly came last. Woo, what a rollercoaster... Bloc voting each year gets more obvious.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wee! Ireland's last! I didn't predict that, but I should've. Ah, well. It's a shame that a country's location and foreign policy decides a victory, rather than the song they sing.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moldova was actually quite good, sounded a bit like Evanescence.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't watch it, Eurovision is horrible by default. Though, Lordiwas pretty cool, for some reason. Don't ask.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Canada was supporting Finland.

I always support Finland.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serbia was terrible. What a dreadful ending. If Ukraine had won I'd be pretty satisfied with things. Most quirky acts look like they're just trying too hard to be different, but theirs was legitimately out there. As it is Serbia and Russia had no business being in the top 10, and they got 1st and 3rd.
My personal favorite act was Romania, followed by Ukraine, Slovenia, and then maybe Georgia. Bulgaria, Hungary, and Ireland were all pretty decent as well. Of course out of these only Ukraine went anywhere.

There were good entries, and if any of them had won I would call this a decent Eurovision. As it is it was quite a letdown. Ukraine was the only real standout act that managed to be both catchy and original, whereas last year Finland, Lithuania, and Germany all pulled off something completely off the wall and did so well.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad4k wrote:
My personal favorite act was Romania, followed by Ukraine, Slovenia, and then maybe Georgia. Bulgaria, Hungary, and Ireland were all pretty decent as well. Of course out of these only Ukraine went anywhere.

I think Lithuania had the best entry in this year's competition.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly I missed it, but I saw the winner and the UK entries.

Let me apologise on behalf of the whole of the United Kingdom for that travesty any of you had to witness that was called Scooch. In fact, let me apologise in advance for anyentry the UK will have in the Eurovision contest just to be safe.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius, hahaha....i knew it was a bad entry but did they think it was going to be that bad!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: