Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.hack//GU vol.2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: .hack//GU vol.2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

since it's out this is where we can talk about it. so far i'm a couple of hours into it and so far some good changes in it. your steam bike runs way faster, different map styles, your party members can kick chim spheres, lucky animals. don't want to say much on the story so far since it'll spoil for those who haven't started it yet. but it's deffinent worth buying if your a fan.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I've been playing it for a while now. I think the story started out slowly, perhaps so that people who didn't play Volume 1 wouldn't be completely overwhelmed. However things seem to have picked up now. I'm currently level 67 with all the Dopple weapons(really nice, but they are a pain to get). I've gotten first place on one of the bike missions, track 4. And I am currently slightly above 200 in Crimson VS. So overall I think I am doing pretty well.....I just wish that I was better at the bike missions.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh....I end up sucking real bad at Crimson VS....probably cuz I didn't read the manual but uh...yeah...don't get what "Junctions" are at all lol.
And Practice battles sort of don't help me either cuz the defaut decks all beat any "different" custom decks I try to make. XD
Did you use the default deck to go up a few ranks at all Ranadiel?

(Like I mentioned in the other thread) I'm only about 1 and a half into it right now....
I sort of...spoiled myself with alot of what happens in vol 2 already after I beat vol 1 so it feels slow overall
Bad me....I need to slow down and enjoy it more...GUH.....>_<

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really haven't checked out crimson vs yet. i may just wait until i beat the game so i can put some time into it. i just finished the bike misson, pain in the ass. the last golden gob was hard but i got lucky and hit him 3 times when i had under a minute left.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yeah! That first bike mission is annoying....I ran out of time when there were two goblins you had to hit. So afterwards I ran back to the junk shop, bought all the bike equips and put the best stuff on my bike then redid the bike mission
(Yeah...call me stupid for not doing that in the first place xD )

Eheh...errr.......I'm going to hold off doing anymore bike missions/time trials till I get more into the game...

The thing with Crimson VS is that it runs automatically...meaning you enter a deck into the tournament and leave it alone and it runs by itself. So if you leave it till the end of the game well....you might end up sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting for it to run.....but oh well...it's up to you...
xD personally I think I started it a tad bit too early but oh well....

Gyahh....Played about 6 more hours of it today and it's like....whew....I dunno...feels so much longer than vol 1 for some reason....argg....I want some avi battles xp

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm guess i'll have to check up on crimson vs. a lot more now since it runs automatically.

Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Did you use the default deck to go up a few ranks at all Ranadiel?

I think I used Deck 2 initially to get some more cards. After I got some better cards, I switched to an Atoli first strike deck deck(I found her card to be suprisingly good). Then my next deck was replacing Atoli with Hasseo Second Form and changing one of the cards to a lower cost version, however I think this deck was weaker because of the lower cost of that one card. I'm currently using an Endrance deck that was reccomended by someone on another forum I go to, but I am stuck just outside of the top 50.

As some tips for playing, always make sure you use up al your charisma points with your deck. As time passes there will be fads as far as what type of cards will be commonly used, and you can use this to your advantag(I just ride the fads out myself bedcause I am too lazy to make decks strong against the fads). Also FYI, there are six cards(that I am aware of) which you can not get through packs. Three of them are acquired through Beast Staues in fields that start with a certain keyword(you get it in the Crimson VS board). The other three are gotten for getting a high ranking(50, 25 and 10 if I remember correctly).

Quote:
i really haven't checked out crimson vs yet. i may just wait until i beat the game so i can put some time into it. i just finished the bike misson, pain in the ass. the last golden gob was hard but i got lucky and hit him 3 times when i had under a minute left.

As Naditsu said, it is best to start it early. Every match takes 1 min, and as it stands currently I have done 1957 matches and still have not gotten first place. So just spending time solely on Crimson VS would get rather boring after a while(although if you spent more time on your deck then I do I'm sure you could get first place in less battles then I have so far).

Quote:
Gyahh....Played about 6 more hours of it today and it's like....whew....I dunno...feels so much longer than vol 1 for some reason....argg....I want some avi battles xp

Early on the game is really dry on Avatar battles, but towards the end you get around four Avatar boss fights in rapid sucession. So just hang in there.

By the way, have either of you tried to get the doppleganger weapons yet?

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ranadiel wrote:
By the way, have either of you tried to get the doppleganger weapons yet?
Nah, I heard from people who've played the Japanese version that one-it's dang hard and 2-sort of takes away some enjoyment in the game cuz you can kill stuff so easily with it(?)

I dunno....I'm planning to replay vol 2 again anyway so maybe I'll try to get the doppleganger weapons early next time. For now I'm just enjoying the story and worry about minor side stuff later =P

You're definitely better than me Ranadial! I'm still just rank 300 something
I just recently changed to using the Haseo-form 2 card as my general card. I was using Balmung in the beginning XD

Still don't get what it means by 'junctioning' though...

Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Nah, I heard from people who've played the Japanese version that one-it's dang hard and 2-sort of takes away some enjoyment in the game cuz you can kill stuff so easily with it(?)

Fair enough, I got them fairly early on and haven't had too many problems with battle....well besides the time I tried to go an area a few levels too high. Also the Doppleganger is basically impossible without using certain strategies.

Quote:
You're definitely better than me Ranadial! I'm still just rank 300 something
I just recently changed to using the Haseo-form 2 card as my general card. I was using Balmung in the beginning XD

Well rank doesn't have too much to so with skill from what I have seen. All you have to do is design a single good deck and then wait long enough and you should raise through the ranks......and I am still stuck just outside of 50.

Quote:

Well since I don't know what part is confusing you, I'll give a brief overview of it. A junction ability is an ability that a card gives a general. Junctioning is when the ability is added to the general at the begining of battle. There can only be a total of three junction abilities in play between the two generals. At the begining of the game, the junction abilities are pitted against each other. The one with the higher cost(after trinity type adjustments are made) will be activated and the other will not. If both abilities cost the same then neither is activated. I hope this helps you out.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ranadiel wrote:

Quote:

Well since I don't know what part is confusing you, I'll give a brief overview of it. A junction ability is an ability that a card gives a general. Junctioning is when the ability is added to the general at the begining of battle. There can only be a total of three junction abilities in play between the two generals. At the begining of the game, the junction abilities are pitted against each other. The one with the higher cost(after trinity type adjustments are made) will be activated and the other will not. If both abilities cost the same then neither is activated. I hope this helps you out.
oh...oh...OHh......so the junction abilites are those things on the cards
And here a I thought the junction abilities had something to do with for example...if the general is a snipe type and the other 3 is snipe then it received some sort of bonus....
bah...geez...they had to use a fancy word like "junction" that made me all confused

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Nadistu"]
Ranadiel wrote:

I dunno....I'm planning to replay vol 2 again anyway so maybe I'll try to get the doppleganger weapons early next time. For now I'm just enjoying the story and worry about minor side stuff later =P

i tried to fight doppleganger early and damn he kicked my ass hardcore. now since i'm in haseo 3rd form and almost lvl 60 i may try again to test my luck.

Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

darn... you guy have some fun playing it..

it still not releasing in here... i gonna wait for next week.. sigh. i wish the game releasing tomorrow...

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O_o it hasn't released where your at? man major bummer there you missing out :P

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still have to wait for one week before this comes out.
Seeing your reactions, i can't wait to try it out. :D

glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got the game have play it for 3 hours the game has really better then part 1.

All the quest from part 1 are all gone and you get new ones to play like the steam bike and the crimson vs card game and you get abike factory to ungrade your bike.

The game is been real fun playing it so far i can not wait to see what else they added to the game and see how it plays out at the end of it for part starts at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: