Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.hack//GU vol.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crimson Vs reminds me of all those CCGs I got suckered into playing when I was in high school--I never could construct good decks and I'd get my butt kicked. That or I'd have to have my boyfriend make decks for me, which was humiliating...
I can't be bothered to make even a four card deck in Crimson Vs. :/ That's sad.
I do almost have all the cards, though! I'm still in the 400's in the ranking but I;ve got a few wins under my belt...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL!!! I love my deck so much right now. Out of 308 battles (yes, I left the frickin' PS2 on for five hours while sleeping) my deck had 231 wins and 77 losses. That's roughly 75%, and factoring in the trends of decks, I would say that's pretty good. From rank 73, I shot up to rank 1. XD

I took on the champion Gaspard, and I already saw the end coming, because my deck is mostly effective when at least two junction cards functioned. My general is Endrance (13 charisma, 10 HP, 3 AP) and my junction cards are 2x Dancing Lion (+3 HP and +3 AP for every junction card) and some other junction card that does +3 AP in exchange for 3 HP. If all three junction cards win, the general card will have 25 HP and 25 AP, which is more than enough to take down the Haseo the Terror of Death card, which I believe has the highest HP out of all the general cards. XD

Just got the Lost Weapons, and they're all pretty cool. Looks like I'm going to convert Kuhn into the skill spammer, seeing as his weapon gives +25% to Arts. My current skill spammer is Endrance. I customized his armor with +100 SP, and then gave him a Brave Clogs +5 (2x Arts Knowledge). I would hate to take Endrance out of my party though... so I will give this more a little thought.

Pi's become pretty much a staple in my party. Her Lost Weapon has a chance of paralyzing the enemy, plus it has a pretty good crit rate, so I just gave her a Compress Watch (2x Speed +10%), then gave her an armor with Counter Palsy, and switched her Strategy to Tenacity, and she whipped the other beasts that you had to fight in order to get the other Lost Weapons. Well... she did like 0-6 damage, but she paralyzed them, so it was enough for me to build up the moral gauge with Rengeki's. XD
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I especially keep Endrance in my party after he got his lost weapon (he was like the 2nd person I got the lost weapon for, Kuhn was the first...
--yeah yeah, I went for the lost weapons at a very odd time in the plot so I couldn't get em in order)

Endrances weapon does Charm hahaha!! nothing like whacking em guardians and they don't hit back cause they're charmed :*laugh*:

FEEL MY PAIN WHEN I HAD TO FIGHT ENDRANCE IN VOL 1! ROFL!

skill spammer huh? I pretty much made sure to give several of the main melee fighters some sort of repth, a poison heal spell and a sleep heal spell.
Actually I think I "skill spammed" Haseo He knows every status healing spell you can teach. Not planning to have him use them much, but hey, good to be prepared.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
I especially keep Endrance in my party after he got his lost weapon (he was like the 2nd person I got the lost weapon for, Kuhn was the first...

haha i did the exact same thing when getting the lost weapons. endrance's lost weapon is by far the best.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What does 'Charm' do exactly? Is it like confuse? Sleep I know is a terrible status effect to customize to weapons, because if you hit the enemy again, they will wake up anyway. Paralysis is so far the best (hence why I staple Pi to my party), but is Charm better?
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Charm is when the monsters run around and hit each other--it's really a lovely sight to behold. :3

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah charm is when ya sort of "get the enemy to fall in love with you" so-to-speak and they end up running around hitting their own teammates or even heal you/you're party (that's happened a few times with me, ahhh it's priceless). If they're the only one left then they just sort of sit there and...'look at you with lots of affection' hahahahaha

I don't recall there being anything that can counter charm (except maybe an item that you can equip onto armor in vol 1? --*forgot* I know there isn't a cure item for it...)
So, if you get hit with charm you can only scream in agony at your teamates to run for their lives.
XD [....]

*ahem* but yeah it's a tad bit like confuse, but more annoying

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I haven't found anything to counter it either. T_T Just screaming, and that isn't particularly helpful.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

plus the effect color for charm is pretty cool. but i like the skill that makes you get a quick rengeki easier. makes it a lot faster to kill the lost one weapons boss and regular bosses.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Surprisingly I haven't tried equipping the Quick Rengeki skill yet. Would you say it's very noticeably faster?

While I like to use Endrance and his 'charming lost weapon' I tend to use Haseo with twin blades that have the paralyze skill.
Hehehe :twisted: so between the two, enemies either get charmed or paralyzed, pick one! Rawr!

Actually I really like the weapon choices I picked for Haseo this time around :mrgreen:
--his lost weapon for Scythe of course, the Dopple heavyblade (which also can do charm) and then the strongest rapid twin blades in the game (which I equipped paralyze skill onto).
Status effects galore? heheh :twisted:

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the dopple scythe is better than the lost weapon one since it can do quick kill plus you absorb the health i believe. but the quick rengeki skill is much faster than with out having it.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The dopple scythe's quick kill never seems to work for me. And I recall there was a skill on Haseo's lost weapon that I liked better/had better success rate

Can't recall what it is/was at the moment though...

But you gotta admit his lost weapon sorta looks cooler than than the all-black dopple one xD [....]

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the scythe's quick kill works for me a lot. but yes the lost weapon look is much cooler.

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haseo's Lost Weapon... how do I put this? Well... it SUCKS! It's only ability is to have a 50% chance of draining 25% of damage to HP. This would probably work better if it were for a quick weapon like the twin daggers, but Scythes are relatively much much slower, and the average damage is only at about 30, so the HP you drain is like 7 per hit, which isn't really much of a help.

Instead, I also use twin daggers that have a Paralysis Attack. Pi's Lost Weapon also has Paralysis Attack, and to add to that, a 25% critical hit chance. While fists aren't very powerful, they are very fast, and add a Speed + 10% x2, Pi hits pretty quick, so it's less about damaging the enemy, but more about disabling them.

Sakubo's Lost Weapon is pretty cool too, and it made me let them use Rage as a Strategy. Their spells do much much more damage, and hits an area of effect! The only problem is when there are armored enemies. I almost faint seeing Sakubo waste all that SP to do like about 8 damage per hit (about 6 hits per spell, I believe) on the armored enemies. :(

Anyway, just beat Gaspard's ass in Crimson VS, and it wasn't as hard as I thought. You really just need to luck out in the battle, and sure enough, two of my Dancing Lion's came into play, giving me +12 HP and +12 AP for the fight. Took Gaspard's deck down in two rounds. :D I'm waiting for a post in the Forums about Gaspard being beaten down and Haseo becoming the new Crimson VS champion, but eh... nothing. :(

I'm farming Simple Hoods right now (Level 75 accessory, +15 resistance to all, if I remember correctly). This is actually what I have been looking for. A stable place where I can farm for accessories. XD
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

scythe's are much slower since well there so big. but i do like the skill's it has, like reaper's death.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: