Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Grim Grimoire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Grim Grimoire Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didnt see a topic for this.

Quote:
gRimgRiMoiRe is a real-time strategy game from Vanillaware and Nippon Ichi for the PlayStation 2. It was released in Japan on 2007-04-12.

Lillet Blan is a young magician admitted to a prestigious magic school. One day she wakes to find everyone missing. The next day she awakens to find it is the first day again, and she can use this time loop to solve the mystery and prevent it from happening again.

It sounds cool.

More information go to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRiMgRiMoiRe
Or the official site http://www.nisamerica.com/games/grimgrimoire/
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, the graphic is beautiful and the speaking portraits move! Also, the story premise and gameplay looks intriguing. If GRiMgRiMoiRe's atmosphere and plot deliverance is at least as good as Odin Sphere, Vanillaware may as well be my favorite underdog developer.

My annoyance right now is about the title. Just what possessed them to give the game such hideous, alternating letters as a title? Not only is it hard to type, it is also hard to read! Maybe I shall just refer to it by "Grim Grimoire".

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks like a very interesting game. The artwork looks great but I've been burned before on games looking great but boring and bad as they could be once the game began. I've still to get Odin Sphere but if its as good as people say that game is then I'll give it a second glance once it arrives in store.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has nice artwork, looks like it has been influenced by Harry Potter a lot.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The artwork is outstanding, wow...but the in-game graphics look a little "'eh", looks to be a side scroller and I've never been a fan of those. Looks like it's got some serious potential, if it doesnt end up playing out like a fairy tale and actually has some adult humor or SOMETHING to grab my attention other than the beautiful artwork, then i wouldn't mind putting aside my dislike for side-scrollers and checking it out.

I hate you Onimaru.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, it is a strategy game. The premise is to have Lillet summon differing kind of familiars with varied abilities and specialization to tackle many obstacles and enemies through a stage in real-time.

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to play this game purely because I dig the art and the music. It's sad the NIS America site doesn't have the cool music the Japanese Site does.

Also, no Lujei Piche? 0.o I'd imagine for her to be a big deal, given how they bought her her own domain for the JP site...

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, what's the deal with Lujei Piche, anyway? Why is she in both GrimGrimoire and Soul Cradle? And why are they making a fuss over her?

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow another intersting Nippon ichi game. The way the battles take place seems a bit confusing to my eyes.

also what is with the names of the characters? Advocat? Margarita? I only know Advocat's name from some drink.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Nippon Ichi, that's enough convincing for me.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must say, I rather enjoy 2d games. Graphics do not make a game. Final Fantasy XII being a main example. And this game looks like it might be a winner, story interesting, not to innovative but still, and plus if its a strategy game even better. Will check out this one for sure.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure what the big deal with Lujei Piche is, Scrooge. So far as I know she's just some undead woman who was killed by a student and now haunts the school. She appears in this and Soul Cradle. That's all I know.

Silver Sinocard wrote:
s. Graphics do not make a game. Final Fantasy XII being a main example.

Why do people assume 2D graphics are lesser than 3D ones? I think they're two very distinct styles, each of which can be suited towards different themes and the like. It's just a different style of art.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

Silver Sinocard wrote:
Graphics do not make a game. Final Fantasy XII being a main example.

Why do people assume 2D graphics are lesser than 3D ones? I think they're two very distinct styles, each of which can be suited towards different themes and the like. It's just a different style of art.

Ok, I see what you mean, What I wanted to say is that 3d is considered more advanced, but as far as I am concerned it disappointed me more than 2d. Well a good example would be movies considered more advanced than photos, they are both art, but, you know...

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GrimGrimoire has gotten a pretty good review from IGN.com

This game looks good and sounds fun to play. I will hopefully pick this up!

Has anyone played it yet?
Peacechaser

The Masked Magi

16400 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are 2 things:
1. I love Starcraft and Warcraft
2. I prefer 2d, though there are some 3ds that I love

This game appears to provide both of them, and that's why I'm waiting (exhaustively) for this game. When is it coming out? I bet it'll take a lot of time...
Eh? What? TOMORROW!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: