Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Darker than Black

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Darker than Black Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now here's a complicated one. This was another anime reccomended to me by my friend... she said it was "fairly decent." I need to ask her now what the hell "Excellent" is if this is only "Fairly Decent."

I defy any of you to watch this show and figure out anything definate about it other than, "That guy looks like Luc." I mean, I THINK I understand basically what's going on, but things just happen way too fast to keep track of, in a good way. There are beings called "Contractors" which are "nothing but liars and killers" and each of them has a different power. That's the basic story, but as I said, this is ridiculously complex, and impossible to summarize with what I've seen of it so far.

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a bi-episodic series, which means that it's a two episode stories interrelated with the plot.

It's kind like a crime-thriller anime. And it's quite rare to have such in anime.

Last edited by Son of Liberty on Wed May 09, 2007 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, this actually sounds quite interesting. I might just look out for it then. Thanks for the recommendation. ^^

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the first four episodes, and I've greatly enjoyed it. It's one of the most unique anime that I've seen. As Son of Liberty said it's pretty rare to see a crime type thriller in anime-- and Bones executes this show quite well (as they do with all of their shows). I highly recommend it. It's only 13 episodes, too, as I know many of you don't enjoy having to download such long spanning shows.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally got a chance to watch this...out of pure curiosity....I don't quite get the background behind the story though...hence I'm really very lost....and there isn't much character developement/explanation behind the main character so far...at least in the first few eps I saw
I mean...c'mon...can't they at least properly delve into the main character's personality a bit at least? At least explain WHY he's the main character or something...I feel like I'm in the dark here.....

But ok...I'll give it a couple more episodes for it to show me something I find interesting before I give up....

It's only 13 eps? That's good to know....if this was longer I admit I might've just dropped it right there

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I finally got a chance to watch this...out of pure curiosity....I don't quite get the background behind the story though...hence I'm really very lost....and there isn't much character developement/explanation behind the main character so far...at least in the first few eps I saw
I mean...c'mon...can't they at least properly delve into the main character's personality a bit at least? At least explain WHY he's the main character or something...I feel like I'm in the dark here.....

I'd prefer that to something where they just flat out explain the character in the first episode, like Bleach. it leaves mystery.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps it's the whole "Contractors are nothing but liars and killers" is leaving me uncomfortable. They (the police) sort of hint at him being different/unique than the other Contractors but anything that he directly does I have to take with a grain of salt.....more like a bucketfull.

There were some...interesting moments though that I thought hinted at his personality a bit...but it's like...mm...he's a genius actor xp
It's just sort of subconsciously bugging me to no end....lol

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, they are Contractors, expect them to have emotion is not likely. Even if they have, they used it to hide it from people.

Also, this series is a thriller, so you have to expect mysterious things about the plot and the characters in general.

To know more about Contractors, watch Episode 3 & 4. Both of them explains what is a Contractor and all the know-hows of a Contractor.

Keep watching it, it may be the best thing out of the spring season.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Son of Liberty wrote:
First of all, they are Contractors, expect them to have emotion is not likely. Even if they have, they used it to hide it from people.

Also, this series is a thriller, so you have to expect mysterious things about the plot and the characters in general.

To know more about Contractors, watch Episode 3 & 4. Both of them explains what is a Contractor and all the know-hows of a Contractor.

Keep watching it, it may be the best thing out of the spring season.

*coughHayatenoGotokucough*

What? I swear I didn't say Hayate no Gotoku was better, I swears!

Anyways, Darker Than Black is my second favorite of this season behind Hayate no Gotoku... Yeah in case it wasn't obvious heh. Anyways I'm really interested in seeing this one come along.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I've just finished watching all the episodes that have been released so far. It's an awesome anime, definitely one of my favourites. There's only like 4 episodes left which is weird considering there's two episodes to each storyline and this means there will be an odd number of episodes.

I'm hoping for a second season, depending on how this one finishes, Gil doesn't think it'll happen though. I'm okay with that though, if it ends well.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Bones (the production studio) has ever done a second season for any show. Even for their most popular. Their shows usually run 26 episodes, and that's it-- with a few exceptions running to a little over 50.

That's not to say it won't happen, but looking at the way they've done things in the past, I doubt it.

It really is a wonderful show, though, and I'm curious how they'll tie it all up so quickly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had heard a rumor on another forum I go to that another season of Eureka seveN was being made.

However I myself cannot find an evidence to support the rumor.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I don't really see a reason for another season of Eureka 7. That show was pretty long, well fleshed out (perhaps a bit too long) and ended pretty finally, in my opinion. If there is however, that probably means that they aren't working on a second season on Darker than Black, because they're working on more Eureka 7. I pretty highly doubt that rumor, though.

Fudozukushi

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it was almost a year old when I first found it haha! Forgot to mention that first, obviously...

Feel like a clod now heh.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished watching episodes 22 and 23, both great. It does seem like the series is coming to an end though, which is sad. Only two episodes left.

Most of the characters are great, Hei is pure awesomeness as is the rest of his team, and I like Misaki too. I find myself not a huge fan of Amber though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: