Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Onmyoji

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Onmyoji Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone seen Onymoji the film? What do you think of it? I recently watched Onmyoji I and II and thought they were pretty good. Plot-wise it is sometimes hard to figure out what is happening in places as the movie seems to assume the viewer has knowledge of Japan's courts and nobles. Still they were good movies and I quite enjoyed the cheesy and slightly quirky duo of Mansai Nomura as Abe no Seimei and Hideaki Ito as Minamoto no Hiromasa which kind of brings some comedy relief to some otherwise dark and dreary times. Abe no Seimei has this damn smirk on his face for the whole movie, and Minamoto no Hiromasa looks a bit goofy in scenes but they manage to define the characters themselves with these traits.

The special effects are pretty varied, sometimes they look almost real and then in other cases look very fake. However it all does the job well, even when it looks fake it adds a kind of distinctive style to the Onmyoji sorcery Abe no Seimei uses (things like bringing paper men to life with magic and banishing evil spirits).

It's a good series of movies, and leaves room for more down the line should they choose to do so. Catch the trailer on their official web site (http://www.onmyojimovie.com/) if you haven't seen them, if you have - what did you think of them?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love these movies =3

My Dad bought both VCDs of it from Taiwan by chance before it was released in the US and I try to find an excuse to watch it every once and awhile.

Trying not to get into it too much but I have to say...the second one is....quite much...."odder" than the first... :?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
Trying not to get into it too much but I have to say...the second one is....quite much...."odder" than the first... :?

Yeah towards the end of the second it is kind of hard to understand what is going on and why. I suppose thats just the style of the movies, obscure and magical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: