Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pokemon Pearl and Diamond
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

erm....wow....that's interesting to know....though it sounds like a factor the developers could easily change in a later game...I mean the whole 'Pokemon you've caught yourself stronger than Pokemon you got from other people' thing

Plus it could be that only that particular Pokemon your brother caught had measly stats/growth rate compared to the one you caught yourself in the first place.

Heh...such a complicated thing. I'd sooner go mad if I were to study the mathematics of Pokemon breeding to test such a theory :*laugh*:

I don't breed Pokemon much either anyway. Rarely if ever.
Mostly do it just to get baby-form of some Pokemon too

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
Heh...such a complicated thing. I'd sooner go mad if I were to study the mathematics of Pokemon breeding to test such a theory :*laugh*:

Oh my, don't try to study that, or delve deeper. It's like a new branch of mathematics - it involves random things like Effort Values.

And has theories that raising Pokemon by battling wild ones will eventually make them better - in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, for example, try letting a Pokemon fight wild Electrikes all the time. You'll see how one stat becomes higher than the rest. I've tried it, with quite the entertaining results. ;)

There's also something in there about Rare Candies - they make your Pokemon statistically weaker in the long run.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:

There's also something in there about Rare Candies - they make your Pokemon statistically weaker in the long run.

That's because candies are bad for you but tasty and so you initially gain a boost which promptly plummets the longer they go. That and Pokemon have no dental hygiene so you don't exactly want a toothless Sharpedo for instance since he had to get numerous root canals and ended up opting for dentures which promptly couldn't be purchased since the only thing he could say is his own freaking name!

The bonus however is they have a free health care system excluding dental with identical redheads. I bet all the male Pokemon are happy!

See there are some handy health tips to be learned in Pokemon, candy is bad in high doses and dental isn't important. :P

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol wow, I didn't think the convo would sway to the talk to effort vales, good lord ^^ I can't be bothered to play around with that much, but I read a bit about it.

I usually breed pokemon and raise them from an egg because they're a bit stronger and such. I don't go to the extent of effort values and all those sorts of things. Once in awhile I look for a certain personality or something. It all depends on how I'm feeling at the time. I don't really have anyone to play with, and even still, at my house I can't get the wifi since I live in the middle of the country and dialup plagues my life still.

I just like to collect things mostly, and I like cute things. So collecting cute things, oh my! I'm a sucker to subtle changes though. I play the harvest moon and dynasty warriors series too, which are all the same basis for each game, with added things here and there.

Hey, I like honey trees!

-My DeviantArt-
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did read something about being able to connect via 56k, actually.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I need to pick up a USB connector because I don't have WiFi in my house. Then you'll all feel the wrath of the most amazing plant trainer to ever live! GO ABOMASNOW!

Yeah, I've lost it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really understand wifi at all actually. We do sell those connector things at work though, do any of you guys know if I'd be able to make wifi work with my dialup?? Maybe that's a silly question, but I don't understand either way hehe

-My DeviantArt-
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not a clue, but I'm in the same boat of not having the Wi-Fi set up at my place either, and Pearl came in the mail on Monday which was quite surprising since I didn't expect it from Hong Kong until probably today (Thursday). I'm liking how the menus and such are organised even though I basically just started it (technically the game doesn't come out in Aus until some time during June)

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeh I like the set up of the game quite a bit, it's pretty easy to navigate.

I noticed you can't store items in the pc anymore though. Does anyone know if there's a place to store stuff, or do we just carry everything around? Works I suppose, but the lack of organization makes my head wanna blow up

-My DeviantArt-
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havent found a way to store any items anywhere, unfortunately. So that mean 5 minutes of scrolling through the items folder to get to the most recently acquired item.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fairly sure you can store stuff in the underground but I'm not 100%

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can organize the stuff within the pockets of your bag with the select button. So like...if you want to move potions/etc to the top of the pocket put your cursor on them, hit select then go to where you want to put it (and I think hit select again....or was it A button....*forgot*)

It does take a little time to organize your whole bag this way...but at least you can...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll probably get this sometime soon. I was going to get this on its launch date, but things just didn't work out well for me financially, so I never did. Me and my friend were supposed to get Diamond and Pearl respectively, but neither one of us have it right now for some reason.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

organize it is dodoooo, thanks guys! ^^
I might attach all those bloody plates to random pokemon in my pc or something lol

-My DeviantArt-
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is anyone still playing this?
I finally got my friend code, I can only go online when I'm at the coffeeshop though.

3050 4377 2977

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: