Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Can someone help me with the true runes? *spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have the answer to that, but it's irrelevant because you can't prove that there is a True Rune which Godspeed Rune was born from. I don't need to give explanation for Sarah's case to make Stallion's case as the proof of why not all runes are born from True Runes.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Chris McDohl

Chris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and all true runes gives the their owners immortality....except when they're stabbed or poisoned........they're not gonna die through age...
only the Rune of Punishment consumes the owners life when used but still also gives it's owner immortality
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may not be able to prove there's a rune that gave birth to the godspeed rune but you can't prove there isn't so like I said before we're at a stalemate until more information is available.

And my point wasn't irrelevent it proved yours invalid. Just because they're born with a rune doesn't mean it doesn't come from a true rune.

Last edited by Milan Fiori on Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chris McDohl

Chris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My theory.....being the runes as Gods of the suikoden world....maybe they arranged other people to be born with runes or true runes...

Roundier Haia Theory:maybe he posseses a Creation Rune...a true rune.. hahahhahaha
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I may not be able to prove there's a rune that gave birth to the godspeed rune but you can't prove there isn't so like I said before we're at a stalemate until more information is available..

I admit my mistake on the Sarah-Stallion's case. It was indeed inconclusive. I'll give you a case that might be more convincing to support Fliktor's idea. Zamza's bio from Suikox.

Quote:
No one knows where Zamza came from, but Zamza has his own take on magic. He believes that magic users must also be strong in body, and not only in intellect. Due to this approach, he was banned from the magic academy he was in, and started to experiment with a magic of his own. This is how he created his Fire Dragon method, where he fuses magic with his punches in order to unleash powerful blows onto enemies.

Zamza obviously wasn't a true rune bearer. Wouldn't you agree with that?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems all of the 'unique' or 'personal' runes mainly have to do with an attack and less to do with magic.

Falcon, Boar, Fire Dragon, etc.

Perhaps all of these types of runes were created by people. Some Could possibly even have been born from one 'attack' true rune. Hard to say as it's a grey area.

and yes, I know there is no proof but IMO the Godspeed rune probably does come from a true rune. A True Godspeed rune, or a True Speed rune, or a True Velocity rune.

Something of that nature.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Sword and Shield fought, long story short this created the 27 True runes.
If all runes are spawned by the 27 True Runes, then how can someone be born with a rune?

That is not exactly a question for anyone, just one I constantly think of.

I would sure like to hear Konami explain that one away.

The story of Sword and Shield is a legend. Not fact. Nobody actually knows where the True Runes came from, it is just a legend.

Also, I'm sure Konami has made an official comment that people can create runes and they are not all born of True Runes.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: