Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Can someone help me with the true runes? *spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Can someone help me with the true runes? *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, well im new to this forum, and new to Suikoden in general. Suikoden 1 through 3 never got a UK release :-( but IV did, and after playing it the thing that intrigued me most was the true runes. I think theres only 3 that make an appearance in IV?

So i found an emulator and im starting on suikoden II, because i cant find one.. So really what i want to know is more about these true runes, what they do and who has them.

So far i know this :

Theres a true wind, earth and water rune, but i dont know what they are.
Theres a sword and a shield rune which makes their owners fight
The rune of punishment consumes the owners life
The souleater which causes death around the wearer
The true holy rune, for speed?

i think thats it. Im really intrigued so can anyone give me some more?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I and II were released in UK. Only Suikoden III was never made into PAL.

Quote:
Theres a true wind, earth and water rune, but i dont know what they are.

What do you mean with what they are? They are True Runes. I'm sorry I can't really help because I don't really understand what you were asking.

Quote:
Theres a sword and a shield rune which makes their owners fight

Yes, they are the Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune, both are not True Runes. They are combined to make a True Rune named Rune of Beginning, but they are not True Runes when in separate form.

Quote:
The true holy rune, for speed?

True Holy Rune is a mistranslation. The better translation would be Godspeed Rune. It is not a True Rune.

For more information, I suggest you to read http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, and that link is great, i was looking for something like that ^^. Umm in Suiko 4, someone says he has the "True Holy Rune" which is why i assumed it was a true rune.

what i meant with the elementals, was whats the difference between a wind rune and a True wind rune?

And THANKYOU so much for the suiko 1 and 2 thing, if they are released in pal i will get them right now ^_^
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're not readily available in UK - you'll have to try eBay as best as you can.

And there are little slight gameplay differences between the elemental runes and their True Runes. The True Wind Rune has a poweful spell not contained by the other wind and cyclone runes.

But for story aspects, they're as powerful as other True Runes. In fact, the True Fire Rune, when the original Fire Hero lost control of the rune, it burnt for days and days literally incinerating everything in it's radius. However that sort of magnitude of strength isn't available in the gameplay for obvious reasons.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another True Rune factoid is that all other runes are born from these 27, like Pale Gate runes are born from the Gate Rune, which Leknaat possesses. We're not exactly sure where all sorts of unusual Runes like the ones in S2 come from, but we know they come from the 27.

There are other known True Runes, like the Dragon Rune, the Beast Rune, the Circle Rune, the Change Rune, and the Blue Moon Rune, not to mention the enigimatic Hachifusa Rune. The owners are as follows:

Blue Moon Rune: Sierra. Even though she lost it to Neclord, it still recognized her as its master.

Dragon Rune: Joshua Levenheit, but has since passed it to Milia.

Beast Rune: It's true that Luca Blight used the Beast Rune for his ambition, but it was never ON him, nor did it manipulate him. The real owner would be L'Renouille, Highland's capital, as it laid dormant within. We don't know where it ended up after the final battle.

Hachifusa Rune: Yuber. Unfortunately, this rune has the least info on it.

Circle Rune: Hikusaak, High Priest of Harmonia.

Change Rune: the Sindar race, which has long since vanished. Only ruins they made are left behind.

Hope that helps a bit.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikosource.com/

try here; also, try a search engine first before giving up so easily-all you had to do was enter suikoden and you would have gotten enough hits to supply you with your answers *even for questions you didn't know you had.*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Another True Rune factoid is that all other runes are born from these 27

Actually they are not. Some runes are created physically - and not born from other runes. A prime example would be the Falcon Rune, created by Roundier Haia.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes but we don't know if Roundier Haia has a true rune or not. He/she *not sure which* could just have learned how to create the falcon rune from his/her rune.

This is also taken from the True Rune Section of Suikosource.

"All Runes are spawned from the original 27 True Runes that were created during the battle between Sword and Shield that created the world. This is a listing of all the true runes we have heard about."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He/she is not the only one to have created a rune. Whether he has a True Rune or not is irrelevant.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right but those who have created runes, is it known or not if they have true runes?

Basically saying that all runes are born from true runes cannot be called a fact because of lack of information but you can't say it's not either for the same reason. Unless I'm not thinking of someone who created a rune without the help of a true rune that we know for a fact then all we really are doing is guessing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, just to make things clear, Stallion was born with the True Holy (Godspeed) Rune which is not a True Rune. So it is a fact that not all Runes are born from True Runes.

And if you think about it, we already know 17 out of 27 True Runes, so that leaves us with 10. It's fair enough to say that there are more than 10 "unique" runes (like Falcon, Swallow, etc) and they don't seem to be connected with each other. So it's fair enough if we say that even if there are 10 unique runes that were made by 10 True Rune bearers, then the rest weren't made by those 10 people.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because he was born with a true holy rune doesn't mean that the rune itself wasn't born from a true rune. I mean runes don't magically form in the womb do they?

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was actually suggesting that the Godspeed Rune was indeed formed in the womb. How could the rune be attached to Stallion if it's not formed in the womb? Do you mean that the mother ate Godspeed Rune while she was pregnant and somehow it's attached to Stallion?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sword and Shield fought, long story short this created the 27 True runes.
If all runes are spawned by the 27 True Runes, then how can someone be born with a rune? :?

That is not exactly a question for anyone, just one I constantly think of.

I would sure like to hear Konami explain that one away.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about Sarah and her flowing rune? We know that the flowing runes are born from the True water rune yet she was still born with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: