Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wiis at Best Buy tomorrow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Wiis at Best Buy tomorrow Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/nintendo/confirmation-best-buy-has-wiis-tomo rrow-254282.php

So if you're still looking for one, you may want to check it out very early in the morning.

I called my own Best Buy to confirm, but the guy who answered didn't know. The last time they said that, I went the next day (it was on Sunday too) and they had 50 consoles. So I don't really trust people who work there anymore.

Good luck to anyone that tries to get one for themselves.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they do get them, which won't be that big a suprise, it would mean circuit city and other big chain stores like walmart and target should too, but that also means it will be adverstised in the Sunday Ads which already came out so it's not a secret either, odds are if you haven't already made plans to get in line around 6 in the morning tomorrow you won't get one anyways cause the soccer moms that's been beaten down by their suckered kids about the system for months is gona beat you to it.. Fry's already advertised in their Friday Ad to have systems for sale but you can only buy it as a $390 bundle.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had the money, then there would be BANGERS AND MASH FOR EVERYONE! It's time I pulled a heist at Best Buy...!

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you want a ps3 we have one for sell at the grocery store i work at :P

from what that link says there's going to be a 12 unit minimum per store. also says there will be wii's at circuit city also.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was at a toyrus today at around 4:30 PM and they still had one from this morning after getting 30 in, so yes basicly every chain store got some, and if someone still want one but don't have it after this, they are just lazy more than unlucky.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they still have some at the EB Games by my house. I was looking the other day to see if they really were selling them for $250. But maybe that store is the exception since I live in a kinda small town and most people looking for a wii might make the drive out to Best Buy or something.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
and if someone still want one but don't have it after this, they are just lazy more than unlucky.

i wouldn't put lazy into it. some people like me can't afford to lose $250+ right now.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I called our Best Buy right when it opened to make sure they had them, and they had already sold out. Crazy....I didn't see this thread until after my parents had gone to sleep and I forgot about it when I woke up this morning for church. Oops. Well, they're gonna get more eventually, I suppose.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sure there is that too, but don't buy into the hype too much. the system is already showing it's faults by selling out to companies like ubi soft and bvg for crappy kids games made for the PS2 with very lame controls. there will be a handful of good games every year at about one or two every quarter, but the power of the system and the graphics sure aren't getting any better so top 3rd party games won't be moving to the wii no matter what. unless I had money to get something else besides just a wii, I wouldn't buy it first.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea Im torn about what to buy and I've pretty much decided to wait untill there are better games and a better review of what they are capible of. Im real cautious about the wii mote, i dont want it to end up like thoes sword, or boxing arcade games that have bad reaction time and are clumsy. But the Ps3 is just like a ps2 and is soo pricy.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Failure_Urn wrote:
Yea Im torn about what to buy and I've pretty much decided to wait untill there are better games and a better review of what they are capible of. Im real cautious about the wii mote, i dont want it to end up like thoes sword, or boxing arcade games that have bad reaction time and are clumsy. But the Ps3 is just like a ps2 and is soo pricy.

pretty much what i decided to. the only good game they got for it is legend of zelda: twilight princess. but soon they'll have a new mario game and the new super smash bros.

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think unless someone is a total nintendo fan or just hates paying that extra $10 dollars for games, buying only a wii for the next few years (or however long before buying another consol) would not be a good idea.

The main reasons why it is hot right now is because the idea of how it plays is still really attracting people that don't own one and unable to get one is causing those that don't know any better to want it more. There are 3 games that's good on the system and 2 are only on it because they missed their gamecube time table (zelda & paper mario) while wario ware is hardly an extensive enough game to be considered great. Others that don't suck like monkey ball and rayman seem to get worst and worst reviews as the time passed since launch because more and more are reporting that their controls are not as great as first expected after playing with it for a period of time.

And lets face it, it is cool to have the motion controls but it is just a gimmick. Few are going to make you really feel like you are doing even close to the real thing, so after a while most not so great actions are going to become a beating. Also as much as it may be fun to act out many of those actions, it's still the idea of the games themselves that makes the game good, all wario wares on any consol are fun because of the thoughts put into making the mini games, but crappy movie based games are going to suck no matter how they are controlled since it's not fun to play.

After the gamecube lacked way behind the xbox and ps2 here, I think nintendo can really use all the hype around the wii since their problems are ahead of them. As long as games are being made, no consol should be obviously lacking because there will be good games on it, so hopefully the same people buying the wii now won't dismiss it so easily like they did the gamecube when things starts to slow down, and maybe take the time to remeber that they once fought over just getting it.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get the feeling Nintendo is just supressing the amount of Wii everywhere just to make it seem like they're selling better than they are, and it's working - very well.

jjrrs wrote:
The main reasons why it is hot right now is because the idea of how it plays is still really attracting people that don't own one and unable to get one is causing those that don't know any better to want it more. There are 3 games that's good on the system and 2 are only on it because they missed their gamecube time table (zelda & paper mario) while wario ware is hardly an extensive enough game to be considered great. Others that don't suck like monkey ball and rayman seem to get worst and worst reviews as the time passed since launch because more and more are reporting that their controls are not as great as first expected after playing with it for a period of time.

Bare in mind a lot of people buying the Nintendo Wii aren't hardcore gamers or game critics. If a game isn't considered great by the critics, that doesn't stop a child from seeing it in a store and wanting it and then enjoying it at home. I understand why you can think like that because you're an experienced gamer, but the Wii is bringing in people who'd never thought about gaming before and those who already have.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still thinking about getting the system for my brother. However, perhaps I should wait it out a bit.

It annoys me though that people are buying a bunch of Wiis and possibly selling them on e-bay or whatever for profit.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Bare in mind a lot of people buying the Nintendo Wii aren't hardcore gamers or game critics. If a game isn't considered great by the critics, that doesn't stop a child from seeing it in a store and wanting it and then enjoying it at home. I understand why you can think like that because you're an experienced gamer, but the Wii is bringing in people who'd never thought about gaming before and those who already have.

sure that a good thing but people that really don't care about video games are not the ones paying $300 fo the system either. I mean I have people that came over and saw my wii and just loved playing with it (weird sounding...), but I can tell you for sure that among those who did, none of them who's never bought a video game consol is buying a wii just because they thought it was fun, and if the ones who do like video games but can only afford one consol for the next generation was to get only the wii, they would be very disappointed after a few years when the 360 stays strong and the PS3 picks up.

I think just like the DS, the Wii is going to whore itself out to kids crap because that's their market, it would mean less thoughts are put into utilizing it's controls to make the games fun and more efforts are made to just get more stuff out in the market that's remotely playable, as almost all of that stuff would suck but nintendo will still make their money. I just hope they don't do it too much and end up like the gamecube where all the more mature games for adults are not even taken all that seriously after a while.

Last edited by jjrrs on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: