Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fallout!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Fallout! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is about as much as I've seen about a new Fallout title in a while. It's not much...just a teaser site with a big image...but it's got me pretty excited. Fallout is still one of those games that I have fond memories about, and hopefully this means that the franchise won't just fade away.

The site only really links to the Bethesda forums, and it remains to be seen if this title shows any promise. I'm only hesitant because there were some pretty mediocre (or just downright bad, depending on how you look at them) games towards the ending of its life cycle.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After one false start it looks like Fallout 3 will finally come into being.

Fallout and Fallout 2 were two great role-playing games and I hope that Bethesda will be able to capture the glory of those games for Fallout 3. If you spend some time reading the Fallout 3 message board it looks like some people are a little skeptical about that happening.

Woo-hoo-ooo! Fallout 3!
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The people who made Morrowind are working on it at the moment, they have gotten quite a lot of fan mail based around not really changing the system. It should be rather interesting, My brother has been talking about this game for the past 2 years.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its quite ironic this comes now, as in the past week I've re-acquired both Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 and been playing them extensively on the PC. It was one of my favorite series and had wished that it didn't take the turn that Brotherhood of Steel took. I never fully played Brotherhood of Steel, but that was because of all the changes that it had from the old series.

Another thing I don't want updated are the graphics and gameplay system. The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. System along with the nifty skills theat were included made the game very customizable. Among fans, its one of the most beloved PC games of all time. Initial rumors years agho surrounding Fallout 3 were that it was going to take place in the east coast around the same time that Fallout 1 took place. This got mixed reviews, but I personally never cared as long as it still had that Fallout post-apocalyptic feel to it. If it still revolves around the Vaults and life after World War III, I'll be kind to it, giving it a chance. And of course if they retain the hex system of movement, the skill and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. System also. They can moderately update the graphics, but one of the better aspects of the game was the not over the top graphics, and making feel retro while futuristic at the same time (Note the 50s style cartoons and the "Jetsons era" future looking items.)

Also, if Bethesda can keep the underlying jokes and references going that would be amazing. There were so many pop culture references hidden amongst the texts of the game, finding them and realizing them all were half the fun. Like how I'd be wandering through the desert and I'd stumble upon a dead whale carcas and a pot of flowers, in reference to Hitchhiker's Guide. Also, many random villagers say song quotes or say things in reference to the first game (in Fallout 2). If they can keep that all going in addition to keeping the game's mechanics and feel the same, then by all means I implore them to make more. But if they change anything too much, I'll bow out now and keep the first 2 as my treasures.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it so strange that I actually think that Bethesda is going to take the game in a direction so different that it's no longer Fallout? I mean, I loved the elder scrolls to bits but Bethesda should at least have a large chunk of the original creative team behind the game or I'm going to worry my ass off that they'll screw this one up.

I just hope it's not another Brotherhood of Steel. :(

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt they will change it too much and I've heard(from my bro) that they are going to do as little as possible to actually change the system and such. I hear they are going to be incoperating something where guns will actually jam on you and such. It's supposed to come out in like 2008 or 2009.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, guns used to even blow up back then in Fallout. It was awesome.

I have high hopes for this game, Fallout 1 was my first PC game (as in owned, not played)

War...War Never changes and shit.
Aesir

Pirates! DESU

352386 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Isle Studios' games Fallout 1&2, Planescape: Torment and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura (the latter one was made by Troika Games but that's where most of creators of Fallouts and Planescape: Torment moved) even now remains my most favourite RPGs for PC. Naturally I am very glad that Fallout 3 finally will be released but I am sceptical that it will feels like original Fallouts did since very many time passed and new people are working on it. It doesn't mean that Fallout 3 will be bad game. Bethesda has solid reputation but neither Morrowind nor Oblivion got me hooked like Fallout did (though I can't say that I disliked them), so I am very hoping that Bethesda will do their best in making Fallout game and not Elder Scrolls clone with guns and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally disliked both Morrowind and Elder Scrolls. They seemed a bit "butchered" to me.

I hope they realize fallout isn't supposed to be that kind of game because if not I'll be a bit pissed off.
Aesir

Pirates! DESU

352386 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While Bethesda is working on new Fallout 3, guys from NMA putted on their site tech demo of Van Buren project. To those who don't know it, Van Buren is a codename that was used for unfinished Fallout 3 that was in development by Black Isle Studios and was cancelled many years ago. The demo is extremely raw and buggy but at least gives approximate view of how Fallout 3 could look like if it were made by them and that surely should be interesting for old Fallout fans.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, here it is the very first teaser trailer for Bethesda's upcoming Fallout 3. It looks like it won't be ready for release until the Fall of 2008 at the earliest.

Fallout 3 Official Teaser Trailer

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I saw an article about that trailer. I'll probably try to be somewhat responsible and check it out when I get home rather than while I'm at work.

...but yeah...I'm still posting this while I'm at work. Go fig.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's not much to look at. It's all prerendered stuff, but it does show that Bethesda will be keeping the theme of 50's post-apocalyptic setting instead of making it more modern in style and design.

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to one article, Bethsoft said that parts of the preview were rendered by the in-game engine, though I take that with a grain of salt...or rather a big block of salt.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had a chance to play Fallout, but I did play Baldur's Gate 1&2 who advertised Fallout alot. But I should probably give Fallout 1 and 2 a try.

What exactly is Fallout about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: