Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bees and the Death of Mankind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy shit, my grandpa was a beekeeper.

He died of Alzheimer and one of the things he did remember (saying) was that "Bee's were important for the world" or some mumbo jumbo like that.

The freaking fossil was correct! I'll be damned.
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I have to say is that we humans have been way too selfish when it comes to nature. Cutting down trees non-stop, killing animals for food( at least we breed them), building like crazy, and pollution at a giagantic scale. No matter what the reason for the bee issue, it was just about time that we began to see the consecuences of our actions.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Creepr wrote:
Cutting down trees non-stop.

Im sorry but whenever I hear this one I have to say something about it, we are'nt going aroung mowing down the rainforests and all that stuff you keep hearing about from Greenpeace, in fact its a law in Britian (and its good business sense) to replant new trees whenever old ones are cut down for wood.

And if you think about it, it also makes alot of sense business wise. If logging companies cut down trees rampantly, it would only be a matter of time before the resources ran out and they would have to move location, probably re hire employees who were'nt willing to move, biuld another lumber yard and basically have to start the business over again in another location. But by replanting the trees, the resource is kept fresh and business can remain steady.

I dont know why people think loggers are the bane of the enviroment, they do alot more for it than other companies.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^
^
^
I disagree. It may be a law in Britain but is it a law(or more precisely an enforced law) in other countries where Britain imports wood products?

Quote:
And if you think about it, it also makes alot of sense business wise.

Its make a lot of business sens in the LONG term. Business have never truly been good with dealing with long term issue. They prefer short term profit whenever possible.

Quote:
I dont know why people think loggers are the bane of the enviroment, they do alot more for it than other companies.

Heh, I live in the Philippines and I have seen first hand what logging companies(legal and otherwise) are capable of inflicting on the envirolment. Flash floods, mud slides, entire villages being wipe out of the face of the earth in one night, these are just some of the things that the logging industry has brought upon my country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: