Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Massacre at Virginia Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Looking back at the information they found, I can honestly say that very few of them were real red flags, such as the arson case and the stalking case. Even so though, how long can you confine him? Eventually, he will get even.

I don't know about confinement as much as I'd rather anyone with a reckless history to be required by law to voluntarily take a full psychiatric evaluation before being allowed to obtain a license for possession of a firearm. I'm sure someone could lie through their exam but having a more rigorous screening process would reduce the chances of a violent natured individual of getting a life taking weapon.

I consider arson a red flag, personally. Stalking, maybe not so much since some people really can't decide where to draw the line between adoration and stalking. One step perhaps to prevent these school shootings is to have a relationship with local gun vendors where they share these disciplinary actions that were handled in house. Also, didn't Seung attend counseling before after the arson incident? Something should have sent up a red flag there if the evaluation had been in depth enough, which had it been shown necesary, it would have been.

There will always be people like Cho Seung-Hui, I know and acknowledge that. We can't rid the nation of these people because, despite all their extreme anti-social behavior, they still contribute to the community at large, if by no other means than by having a dissenting opinion. We have a responsibility though to make sure people with destructive intent don't get guns. Personally, I think too many people have guns in the states. We should seriously stop abusing the right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: