Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What American accent do you have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

Potch
Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is farily accurate, but I have to say that my accent is completely mongrel. I get people asking me if I'm from Chicago, New York, Boston, Kansas City and Salt Lake City all in the space of one week, never MIND the bits of odd things I pikce dup living in Wales. O_o

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
The Inland North
The Midland
Boston
The South
The West
North Central

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... I don't think this is that accurate.

Or maybe I own at languages, yeah, that's probably it.

So many dude's with a northern accent... But the south shall rise again! though I don't know if that's even precise, jokewise.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Philadelphia
The Northeast
The South
The Midland
North Central
The West
Boston

So apparently I'm from Wisconsin or Illinois.. Hey?! Who stole my "pop". I swear, I do not call soda, "pop" though :P..

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK. Here's me:

Though, honestly, I could have told you that! Everyone thinks California's have a distinct accent, but in fact, they don't have one at all (except for surfers or valleygirl types). They pronounce things as they should be pronounced.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008

Last edited by TruePerception on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I don't know. I just hit print screen and then pasted the damn picture in paint. Then I got it cut, and finally upload it on imageshack... and voila!

Way too much work for an online test though xD
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah! I got it!

Angelus

Queen of Falena

Potch
Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Though, honestly, I could have told you that! Everyone thinks California's have a distinct accent, but in fact, they don't have one at all (except for surfers or valleygirl types). They pronounce things as they should be pronounced.

Californians don't pronounce words the same way I do! I would know, and I get made fun because of it! >_> Although you all sound like ninja turtles. Or at least this one member does, whose username rhymes with Horge Trima.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said, surfer/valleygirl types aside! Your average Californian does not accent their pronunciations. Just because Ahnuld talks like a movie orc, doesn't mean we all talk that way!

Ninjar

The Shins

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got:

1 The Midland

2 The South
3 The West
4 Philadelphia
5 The Inland North
6 Boston
7 The Northeast
8 North Central

TAKE THAT CELES :O
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Midland

Quote:
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Hmm. I can understand the "no accent" part, but everywhere I go people have to tell me to slow down when I talk. I guess us Las Vegans have a habit of fast-talking :mrgreen:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dilber Novum

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty nice thing there. I am not an american, but the curiosity took control :) Well here it ist:

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Philadelphia

The Northeast

The Midland

The South

Boston

The West

North Central
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: