Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What American accent do you have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a bit funny to listen to it too. Some people call it soda (I do!) Or Pop. Then there's Cola, or my personal favorite they call everything Coke. And that's just US alone.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

Potch
Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

That threat hasn't hasn't had much value for a great many years now, given how the English monarchy is essentially a powerless group that mostly exists to live off your tax dollars for tradition's sake. :D

But luckily for you, I enjoy saying colour.

Is there a British quiz? Perhaps you should make one.

The Queen would have a hard time making a living off of our tax dollars. :P

A British quiz would be interesting, especially if you consider how different Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland people sound never mind the different accents withing each country.

Kooluk Companions

Potch
Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Your Result: Philadelphia
Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The rest were:

The Northeast
The Midland
The Inland North
The South Boston
The West
North Central

It's all lies i tell you! I do not have an American accent! I have an Irish accent! :P
ViktorFan

Shalimar

Potch
Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Wisconsin? Hehehe. Well, I really doubt I have an Inland North accent since I speak german with english words :*laugh*: .
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

Potch
Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i still took it even though i'm not american... But it did get one thiing right, i don't have an accent. ^^ I wanna try out on radio.

Quote:
The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to point out, that for the record, Southern Illinois is not "accentless". From my experience, people in Southern IL have a Southern accent, whereas people in Northern IL, such as myself, do not have an accent.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

Potch
Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm from Visconsin, soh, ya knoh, I've got a Visconsin accent, ya knoh?

Goh ahead and make fun of me now. Ya, sure, ya betcha.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

Potch
Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

That's right, representating us "like" So Cal dudes! ;)

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
iscalio

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central

The Quiz wrote:
Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Nay! I call my carbonated drinks by their respective names!

Heh, I'm not from the States at all, but from Ireland. I have a Wicklow/Dublin accent, I'd guess...

Desert Claw

Potch
Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central

erm.. inland North eh?... maybe i am lol..

Headstrong

Potch
Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:

I'm curious, can anybody speak with another accent besides their normal one? My grandfather spoke with a heavy irish accent, and I picked it up growing up. So I can talk with an at least some what acceptable irish accent if I wanted to.

Anyone else?

I'm best at Spanish and Italian accents, but for the most part, I hear an accent, or even a person's voice, and I can imitate it pretty well. Sometimes for the hell of it, I confuse people on the phone. :*laugh*:
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

Potch
Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

ah well the Merry, Mary and Marry one ug.. I had to cheat, wait Mary and Marry do sound the same? well the thing here is that I have a small speech problem with s's and sh's, my mom told me when I was younger I almost got kicked out of this school place because they thought I was swearing. "shirt" is slightly diffult to say without it sounding like 'cert' and "bits" i'm always afraid will sound like "bitch". bah speech problem.

http://www.iscalio.com/misc/accent.png

wow thats odd, I live in NJ near NY. but I don't have a Brooklyn or South Jesery accent, those annoying "ow maw

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri)" can't really be argued with since I'm from PA alright, but Pittsburgh has a pretty unique accent of its own. I don't know that you could group all of these together. Runners up were:

The West
Boston
North Central

I've been living in California and now Texas for the past three and a half years, so I guess "the west" makes sense as a number two. Of course it's sad to think I might actually be taking in some of the culture in this god-forsaken state. :\
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

Potch
Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Jee Golly! I'm from Visconsin Doncha know. *winks at Capitan Planet*

I don need to take this here test! I'm going back to eatin my cheese curls yes sirry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: