Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Formula 1 season 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Formula 1 season 2007 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just noticed there was no topic for this after two races and the third one taking place today in Bahrain. I have to confess I missed the first two so this is the first race I'm going to catch, that's why I didn't start a topic until now.

So far I have mixed feelings about how things have been going, one Englishman has been having a very tough time of things in Jenson Button who's Honda is well off the pace this year after being pretty good last year, while another Englishman has burst onto the scene to two podiums in two races. Lewis Hamilton.

We've been hearing about Hamilton as a star for the future over here for a while now and it's great to see him get stuck in and straight away be in contention for winning races, while he hasn't done it yet I have a feeling he'll get his win faster than Jenson did.

Oh and Anthony Davidson, he's racing too in the Super Aguri and seems to be doing a decent enough job, hasn't been placing anywhere special but hopefully in the future he can go onto bigger and better things.

Right well the warm-up lap is underway now and the race will be beginning soon so I'll leave this post here and start watching it. Go Hamilton/ Button /Davidson!

Edit: D'oh, Jenson out already.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Formula 1 is the most boring sport I know. I have a friend who's really into it, so I tried watching it on a few occasions, but I failed. Somehow the TV changed the channel each time.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's why I always watch it while I'm doing something else (at the moment, posting and reading things on Suikox). I don't think I could sit through a whole race without something else to occupy myself with, it's like watching cricket in that respect for me, then I just look over at the screen when the commentators get worked up about something.

You should try watching a Kart race around an oval if you think formula 1 is boring, at least it has more than two turns.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave up watching Formula One ages ago but i do follow the results and progress of the Championship.

It is great, and fresh to see a rookie Formula One driver in Hamilton up there shaking things up. Hopefully he can keep going and give the top drivers a run for their money.

The excitment of racing needs to come back to Formula One, not the current follow the leader set-up that it has been for a number of years.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I'm one of the few that actually enjoys watching Formula One, but that doesn't make me watch it full time either. This year, the competition is going to be very fierce between Ferrari and McLaren. Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, and Hamilton are really beating each other. But I'm torn apart this season because I really like Raikkonen, but I like McLaren more than Ferrari. So yeah, I've decided to not really follow the championship this year. Though deep down, I still support Raikkonen. ^^

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

timelord

Urak Warriors

2300 Potch
62 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I for one are a true formula one fan. Even it was boring for a couple of years because it was allways micheal Schumacher winning. But this season promises some good battles with Rikoennen, Hammilton, Alonso and Massa. I think Kimi will have a slight advantage to all and take the title this year and going to constructurs it will be all red again. Long live the Sccuderia 8-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Septimus

43015 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still can't relate to this season after Schumacher left. I had him as my favourite ever since I saw my first race as a 4 year old, or something, while he was still racing for Benetton. Apparently I had an eye for an upcoming champion even at such an early age. I've found him to be the single most fascinating F1 driver, and I was really hoping he was going to show what the score really was this season, without Michelin and Bridgestone delivering tires, as I think that had a lot to do with some of his down-seasons.

I found an old VHS-recording of a race back in '04, I think I figured it was. It was the 10th race of the season, and that was the 10th consequtive win he had that season.

He always knew when to put in that extra speed.

Anyway, I'm a bit torn to see Raikonen in Ferrari, since I don't like him, but love Ferrari. Massa seems like he's been messing up some of his races, so I hope to see him returning stronger later in the season. McLearen seems like they've gotten their car together this year, which is awefully convenient for Alonso, seen how Renault isn't as good as they were last year, apparently.

As for F1 being boring, I have to agree. It should be a lot of fun, and there are some races that are worth being watched all the way through, but they're too rare this time around. They really should do stuff that will make it more fun to watch, and create more overtaking possibilities, like standarizing the brakes, and do things that will make slipsdreaming a good thing, and not have the cars loose all downforce and not be able to follow through a corner.
Septimus

43015 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Montréal sure turned out to be an entertaining race. 4 safety cars and only 12 finishing cars. Turns out the Extra Soft tires were graining pretty badly, giving basically no grip, and since Sato heard this from Davidson who started on XS, he was able to run his last stint on soft tires, thus he was able to overtake both Ralf and Alonso. Good job by Sato.

Kubica had the most spectacular crash that's been in a while, there. Fortunately he was able to get away from it with a light concussion and a sprained anckle. Hamilton was the best throughout this weekend, but also very well done by Heidfeld. And Wurz that came third, obviously helped out by the various safety car incidents, but non the less a nice performance.

Fun race!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I missed it because it was on in the evening over here and I was out playing football at the time unfortunately but from everything I've heard it was a mad race. Hamilton winning obviously makes it a good week for brit fans because his first win totally overshadows the fact that Button was out on the first lap, Davidson hit a beaver in the pits (that sounds ridiculously funny but it's actually true) and Coulthard had a poor one too. Glad Kubica was okay, I thought he broke his leg though not sprained his ankle? Dunno. It was a mad crash I've seen pictures where you can see Kubica's feet sticking out of the end of the cockpit section, just the toes of his shoes but that was a hell of a crash.

timelord

Urak Warriors

2300 Potch
62 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it was sure full of accidents I was shocked after Robert Kubica had his crash. jesus how could anyone survive this. It only shows you how safe these cars are now a days. 13 out of 22 cars only made it to the line thats the lowest i seen after monte carlo 2004. And whats up with super agurie taking 5th place??? Unbeliveable that he overtook Alonso. A bit dissapointed in Massa and Fisichella they are so long in F1, especialy fissi, and they go out when it's red and get disqualified. And don't get me started on Kimi he has the best car under his arse and doesn't get the results in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After a really really long absence from watching any F1 Grand Prix this year, I've finally managed to watch around 3/4 of the Magny Course race yesterday. Very satisfied with the result. Though I'm a McLaren supporter, I finally decided that I'm going for Ferrari instead because Kimi Raikkonen is there now. No more dilemma, I'm supporting Kimi and Ferrari for this season.

Watching the race, I was really impressed with the Heidfeld-Alonso battle early on during the care. Alonso started at 10th grid and quickly moved up to 8th and passed Rosberg for 7th. Heidfeld was 6th and they ended up in a duel soon after with Heidfeld being magnificent in protecting his position. He was passed once but that resulted in Alonso going wide during the turn and Heidfeld took back his position.

But in the end, Alonso had the far quicker car and he overook Heidfeld in a friggin difficult position. He just took all what the McLaren car had and pump up the speed so quick that Heidfeld had no choice but to go out of the track to avoid hitting Alonso in that S-shaped turns thingy (no idea what the official term is).

Unfortunately for Alonso though, his pitstop strategy was not the best and that he ended up stopping three times and just had to settle for 7th position in the end, making all that hardfought battle with Heidfeld to be somewhat pointless.

As for Kimi and Massa at the front, it was actually Felipe Massa who started on the pole and led for most of the race. Unfortunately for him, the Ferrari pitstop strategy worked better for Kimi than for himself. Massa was blocked by the traffic for some time that Kimi managed to close in fairly quickly. Massa had to go into the pits earlier and Kimi used the longer time on the track to overtake Massa when Kimi went out of the pit. From then on it was Kimi leading Massa.

Oh and of course there's that rookie who is still looking good with his eighth straight podium this year, you know .. that Lewis Hamilton boy from England, anyone? XD He's really promising, but I don't know, I really think it's wrong if he is the champion on his first year like that. He definitely has a chance though. Without Michael Schumacher, the two top drivers are Alonso and Raikkonen, but both of them changed teams this season and therefore not at their best yet with the team. So Hamilton definitely has a chance to win it if he can. I just don't think it'd be as impressive at is would've been if everyone else is settled.

Top 8 Results:
1. Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari - 1:30:54.200
2. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - +2.414
3. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren Mercedes - +32.153
4. Robert Kubica - BMW - +41.727 --> amazing result after comeback from injury
5. Nick Heidfeld - BMW - +48.801 ---> continuing to be consistent. Impressive.
6. Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault - +52.210
7. Fernando Alonso - McLaren Mercedes - +56.516
8. Jenson Button - Honda - +58.885 ---> first point of the season

Here's hoping Kimi to continue his good performance and back on track for winning the championship.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Septimus

43015 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
He's really promising, but I don't know, I really think it's wrong if he is the champion on his first year like that. He definitely has a chance though.

Aaaaamen!

I dunno, F1 isn't the same without Schumacher. I downloaded and watched the Sao Marino GP again some days ago, and his performance there was really stunning. There's no discussion, even, as to if anyone would be able to do what he did. He was simply something special. He started in 10th, then after a couple of laps he was up in 5th. Then his tire blew in the first corner, and he had to go a really slow lap to get a new tire. He came out 5 seconds infront of Massa, almost one lap behind. But then he started doing what Schumacher did best, and was constantly the quickest driver in the race, throughout the entire thing. He gained something like 50 seconds on Massa during the entire race, Massa who won by 25 seconds over Alonso in second, meaning that if Schumacher had started first, he would've almost lapped every single car in the field, even though he of course wouldn't've pushed as hard if he actually leaded, but it's interesting to know that he could've if he wanted.

In the end, he was back up in 4th, and if that Safety Car insident hadn't happened earlier, and he had had those extra laps, I'm sure he would've even tried overtaking Button and Alonso.

It's just not the same without that man.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aaaaaaaannndddd .... Formula 1 season 2007 is over!

Let me hear it, people. Who is the champion?

Raikkonen!!!

Woooooo!!!

That has got to be one of best seasons, if not the best season itself, in a long long time. Three-way battle on the last race with Hamilton, Alonso, and Raikkonen all having a chance to win the title.

End result?
Raikkonen 110 points (100 + 10)
Hamilton 109 points (107 + 2)
Alonso 109 points (103 + 6)

That's as close as you can get, I think.

When the Brazilian GP started, Hamilton was leading 4 points off Alonso and 7 points off Raikkonen. He didn't need to win the race, just needed to finish nicely around Alonso or Raikkonen. But he screwed up! He screwed up BIG TIME! Joy!!

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was Hamilton's to lose and boy did he lose it!!!

Delighted for Raikkonen though, a good solid driver that goes about his business without a fuss.....unlike Hamilton and Alonso......
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the only bad thing about Raikkonen is his drinking issue with the few drunken activities in public last year or so. But when it comes to racing, he has been a great driver for the last 5 years or so.

One thing I don't like is how McLaren wanted to appeal against the decision by the steward to not punish Heidfeld, Kubica, and Rosberg for the fuel temperature thingy. I'm not exactly sure what the story is, but I feel that it's really a hypocritical situation for Ron Dennis to want them to be punished for that while Alonso and Hamilton were not punished for driving cars that used stolen information from Ferrari.

I think FIA did the right thing. Punishment should go to the team, and not the driver unless they openly support the cheating. In the case of Heidfeld, Kubica, and Rosberg, it's fairly safe to say that the teams made the mistake and not the drivers. If Ron Dennis wanted them to be penalized, he should've asked for Alonso and Hamilton to be penalized too for the points they obtained with the illegal car.

Going back to Raikkonen, I read an article about him that said a sentence that I really like about how he is the Ice Man for never talking a lot (he is CRAP whenever it's about interviews loll) and how he's so different than Schumacher who constantly communicate with the team staff about how the car performed, what problem they have and what he wanted to get out of the car, etc.

"Kimi might not say much, but he definitely listens"

That is a great stuff for sure. I think it's great how he listens as to what the car can do, then he works around that to maximize the output of what the car can do, rather than the other way around of demanding the car to be improved, etc.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: