Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Are you a "Cheap" gamer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a "Cheap" gamer?
No, I'm used to buying games at full price and do very often.
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Not really, I always pay full price for the games I want.
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
If I think a game is expensive I just won't buy it, but I don't care about the price if I have the money.
22%
 22%  [ 12 ]
Kind of, I tend to buy more games if they are on sale.
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Yes, unless I know I'm not wasting money I won't buy anything.
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
(your own game buying rules)
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 53

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it is a game that i have been wanting for a while, then i will pay the full price regardless of whether or not i think it is expensive. But I am not the person who goes out and buys all kinds of games at full price only to later regret buying a game i could have rented. I usually take my time and research the games i want and if i am still in doubt, i will rent the game to make sure it is worth it. However, i have made my fair share of mistakes and found myself exchanging a $50 game for a mere $15 store credit only a couple of months after it's release. Truly a sad moment for any gamer.

I can remember when i was younger i would simply buy whatever game looked cool. I hardly ever rented, and word of mouth was the only review i had. Since money has become much more real in my older age, I just don't feel like wasting the money. I don't know if i am a smarter buyer, but i am sure as hell a cheaper one.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I should take back some of what I said about $10 or below games cause there could be some gems I didn't know about. Got 2 copies of Culdcept on PS2 today and apparently it can be found as cheap as $7 (though I paid $17 for one copy), then I found out it's a $30 game online, and that price should go up once the 360 game comes out in Feb when more people will be looking for it. Also got Jetset Radio Future for the Xbox for like $3.50 each, and it's a solid $10 game.

I still say here in North America very few games sold under $20 new or $15 used is worth getting, just because the retailers will jack up the price of anything good people are willing to buy. (see: ICO, Katamari Damacy, or any hard to find PSone game that was once cheap)

Quote:

I don't know if i am a smarter buyer, but i am sure as hell a cheaper one.

I'm not sure I'm a smart buyer either when spending $200-300 at a time buying games I won't be able to play, but it's really pretty easy to be smart about making sure you get your money worth in the value of the games when buying. I want to say always being tight with my money is simply a good idea, though it does signify being cheap as well... but then again I do spend much more than most on games, when I don't even need to buy them...
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I managed to land a bargain, I got 4 PS2 games for £20 from one of our game shops (Gamestation). I purchased Crazy Taxi (ah the memories, was the first game I ever played when I got my first ps2), Onimusha 3 (Ive been meaning to get this game and finally own it), Code of the Samurai (My random wildcard game , its not bad) and...I've actually forgot which game I got as the forth. Will edit the post when i can get to my games.

So yeah its cool to be a cheap gamer, you get to play games you have not played in years and games you never wanted to pay full price.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: