Suikoden Unique and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Are you a "Cheap" gamer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a "Cheap" gamer?
No, I'm used to buying games at full price and do very often.
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Not really, I always pay full price for the games I want.
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
If I think a game is expensive I just won't buy it, but I don't care about the price if I have the money.
22%
 22%  [ 12 ]
Kind of, I tend to buy more games if they are on sale.
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Yes, unless I know I'm not wasting money I won't buy anything.
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
(your own game buying rules)
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 53

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rarely buy games anymore, really. If there is a game I want, I just go out and buy it, because of the fact that I don't find as many games as entertaining, as I used to. Although, if I'm only moderately interested in buying a game, I usually won't get around to buying it until the price has dropped anyways.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually buy my games full price since most games I buy usually have only been out in the market for only a couple weeks. The only time I'll end up paying less than full price is when I find a game that catches my eye that's been price cut and/or only available as a used copy.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

personally I'm fairly "cheap" myself. For example, I bought the Sims Complete collection rather than the individual ones becouse I knew it would be less expensive. I'm also planning on buying The Sims 2 when a complete collection is announced.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My own rules. If a suikoden is released I will buy the same first day its on the shelves, but if a game i know for certain it is going to be a best seller and its going to be half price or 1/3 of its original cost in six months, nine months I prefer waiting.
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends with me. If I want a game bad enough I will save up and buy it as soon as it gets out. Lately I haven't been wanting anything so I haven't been buying anything, but last summer I bought nearly every new RPG that came out.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really cheap when it comes to game buying but I do get almost everything I like as I love the process of being cheap yet getting to play or own exactly what I want. This week for example I had a great time just buying as much games as I can afford before even getting to play much of them.

When the gamestop sale started last sunday I went out and got 3 games at $17.99 including MS saga, Super Robot Taisen OG 2 GBA, & Lumines II PSP(which was exchanged by farcry wii) with one of them being free, then it was 2 at $24.99: Lunar Knights DS, VP:2 Silmeria, & Stella Deus free. On monday I got a 360 guitar for $29.99(which was miss priced by $10) along with Burnout revenge 360 for $26.99 to get same valued Viva Pinata for free.

Then on Tue/Wed, I took back Stella Deus, VP2 & Viva Pinata and got their full priced refund of around $75 to get 3 $19.99/17.99 blue-ray movies/tv shows as well as 3 $44.99 games: Wario Ware wii, guitar hero II 360, & NCAA BB 2k7 360 all at buy 2 get 1 free too. After getting some achievement points with NCAA, I then took that back on Thu and got $45 to get makai kingdom, table tennis 360 & the warriors PSP(exchanged by Shadow hearts:FTNW) at 2 x $17.99.

Friday I used the money left over to get Wild arms alter code F, Wild arms 4, & something else which I'd likely return for $12.99 x 2, got Guilty Gear Judgment new on sale for $9.99, plus returned Untold legends PS3 that I got for half off a few weeks ago at $25 to renew my game pass at blockbuster so I could get spiderman 3 for the 360.

I'm glad to have bought 16 games/dvds/guitar controller which would normally cost $350+ for only around $180 of my own money ($80 or so of that was trade in credit anyways) and over spending by no more than $20. To me the hunt to buy games is always half the fun, I have no idea when I'll get to some of those titles but it's always fun to get them as cheap as I can.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm used to buying games full price. Sometimes I spend my own money, other times my dad buys it for me, haha.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always try to be careful about spending money and think about things before I buy them. If it the next installment in a series that I have been playing, I will definitely buy it unless I already have some games that I'm busy playing.

Recently, there has been a big jump in good games, so I'm swamped with games from last year and even the year before that I haven't gotten around to. That being said, now I'm not going to buy any new games until I finish the ones I have and most of the are relatively long, I'd say that I won't be buying any new games for a while.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a cheap gamer really gives me joy like no other, there was a used game sale again last week and it really was fun time for me as I got 16 games for about $130, after some good planning and luck, it really turn out better than I thought.

Had no idea there was a sale going on last monday when I went to best buy to try to get both god of war and kingdom hearts 2 on sale together for $25, it was really helpful to me that the clerk forgot to ring up KH2 after looking at the scanner showing only game being sold so I didn't bother helping him(which doesn't happen often). As soon as I found out I needed more money to buy games I swung by the closest BB store on my way and returned GoW to get my $20 back, which was something I was going to do anyways, then I picked up 3 games monday that I ended up all taking back later which got me more funds to play with.

Went out Tue. and got Pokemon Diamond, Gitaroo man lives PSP both for $30, Wed. I had plans to get some more used games but ran in to a guy who was about to trade in a copy of Mavel Vs. Capcom 2 for the PS2, I really didn't want to part with my money but I couldn't pass up forking him $30 in cash for it, then I paid a total of $10.87 for another copy of Persona 2 with Breath of Fire IV & bashindo blade 2 at the only store in my area that still had PSone games.

On Thu. I decided to pick up a couple of atlus games that I never owned by getting SMT:Devil summoner and steambot chronicles together for $25, and finally on Fri. it was a load of cheaper stuff like Fire Emblem: PoR, WTF PSP, entourage UMD, onimusha:DoS, Sid meier's Pirates PSP, and bounty hounds PSP.

So far I spent the most time with bounty hounds as I'm still considering exchanging it but the game is quite good, way better than other hack and slash games like the ones from koei and looks great for a PSP game, though I may be too cheap to hold on to a not so great game like that at it's retail price(and same goes for WTF but I haven't played it yet)... No matter what, it was a great time just getting those games cheap, playing them would only be half the fun when I'll actually get to it, I am still also holding out hope for someone who said he's got a copy of SMT:Nocturne for me at $20 this week to come through.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whenever I can avoid it, I stay away from used games. I really don't like buying used anything. I even bristle at the fact that I had to buy a used car.

I just don't trust anyone to take as good of care of the games as I do. When it's new, I know full well that it hasn't been sitting outside of its case, or have been used as a coaster. Anyone can make a disc look like new with some Scratch Doctor, so looks can be deceiving. With new, I don't have to wonder how it was treated. I know that it hasn't been pawed over countless times.

Besides, it's only money. I can always earn more. So, I have no problems paying full price for a game if need be. This doesn't mean that I'll avoid a game that has a price cut, obviously. It's just that I'll buy new first, and leave buying used as a last resort.

~Uguu!~
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all over the place with my spending. I usually stick to games that are part of an established series, so I know I'll more than likely enjoy it, so paying full price is fine by me. Especially since I want to continue the story. Most of the time though, I just don't have the money, and by the time I do, I can buy the game used or it's gone "Greatest Hits" which saves me a lot of money. I kind of agree with Sailor Sexy though, cause you never know when you buy a used game if it will freeze halfway through and the 7 day return limit will already have expired. *sigh*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think used games are nearly that bad, I think it's more a game's usage over it's age that adds wear to it than anything else. Unless a game is not played much, the older it is the more scratched up it'd be no matter who owns it, there are people who don't care about the conditions of their games at all to just play it and get rid of it, but normally nobody is so bad to always have clear evidence of harming their games. So the newer games that's used by only one or two owners would hardly have any more scratches than the same thing own by a dedicated fan who's played it more than once, especially if it's a rpg. Plus if it really bothers you, one can always look around for the same title in the best condition to swap it out with until satisfied, for me because I hate finger creases in used instruction books I'll just grab the box of the same game new and switch out the booklets right there before I buy it, I don't do it in front of the clerk but unless that person is a major a-hole it's no big deal.

When it comes to the price there's a huge difference down the line between new and used games, once again especially for rpgs and big enough titles to be greatest hits. What seems like a good buy on release for $50 could be had within a month used for 1/2 that or less, and in a year maybe 1/4. Like many others here, there's no game I'd want to own right away for retail price other than suikoden, so for whatever issues I'd have to deal with in time when getting a used game it is worth $20-30.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has to be something I am really rabid about. I usually rent to try games out. THEN buy them.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I am eagerly awaiting the game, or if I come across it and am VERY intrigued, I will pay full price. I don't like waiting when I don't have to.

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the present day? Well I would say in times like these most of us are "cheap" gamers because of the too high rate of unemployment. So most of us cannot afford to pay the full price when they appear in the shops.

I do not always buy games, except it's Suikoden, Tenchu and RPGs I really love. Of course I would often buy games... but in a better time that today. Till then, I download them or buy them at a cheap price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: