Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Right at your Door - Spoilers!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Right at your Door - Spoilers! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone seen this low budget independent movie? It's had some negative reviews from people claiming that it was a little boring, but I suppose it depends on the mood you watch it in. Jenna and I watched it quite late at night and the tension was taught throughout.

The basic story is that large bombs are set off in the middle of LA where a man's wife is currently at, on her way to work. He tries his hardest to contact her, but can't, and so sets off to find her. Police forces stop him and send him back and he literally cannot find a way into LA. After trying yet another way to get through, he hears a report on the radio that the bombs were "dirty" and the clouds were spreading deadly unknown toxins. The authorities then advised everyone to seal themselves in house and wait for help.

He does so (with a stranger who works in the next door house) and waits for his wife, who eventually shows up. However, she's been contaminated with the deadly chemicals from the bomb, the smoke clouds and it's ash (that have spread over a lot of LA). He cannot let her in without exposing himself to the deadly virus, killing them both.

Much happens throughout the remainder of the movie where the wife tries to convince him to let her in, avoids the authorities and then comes to terms with not getting into the house - happy that her husband is safe. It was very emotional to watch as the couple talk to each other, trying to come to terms with the situation and the fact that the man's wife is slowly dying right infront of him.

Nothing is really explained by the end of the movie (who set off the bombs, what the virus is, etc) so if you're looking for a clever politics and/or terroism, this movie probably isn't for you. It's more about the effects of terroism on loved ones who are torn apart and seperated by such a devestating effect.

Saying that, there is a nasty twist at the end of the movie that made Jenna cry. It wasn't the nicest of endings either, so don't watch if you're looking for a happy ending.

If you're in the mood for a tense thriller (I use the word "thriller" reluctantly) then I would recommend this movie. It might be a tad slow in place, but I don't think it subtracts from the story much at all.

Well worth a watch.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: