Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Trinity Sight versus the Silent Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The annoying thing about the Trinity system was that you had to see the same scene over, and over and over again. Besides that, there isn't really a difference in their reactions from their perspectives. The only really good thing was that it showed scenes that would otherwise be hidden.
The annoying thing about the silent hero system was that often, the choices were too limited. Suikoden 5's choices were excellent because they actually influenced the storyline significantly.

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like both of them, Trinity System's complexity and the Silent Hero's simplicity but since the silent hero was traditional feature to the Suikoden series, I'm quite fond of it only by a little.

IN AMERICA!
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
The annoying thing about the Trinity system was that you had to see the same scene over, and over and over again. Besides that, there isn't really a difference in their reactions from their perspectives. The only really good thing was that it showed scenes that would otherwise be hidden.
The annoying thing about the silent hero system was that often, the choices were too limited. Suikoden 5's choices were excellent because they actually influenced the storyline significantly.

But that's just it, you don't keep seeing the same scenes over and over. You see Karaya burn down 3 times, Chris attack the Lizard Clan twice, the Chisha battle twice, and then a number of scenes again in the optional chapters. Most of the game is spent seeing a completely different story than the other PoVs, and they only cross paths a few times.

I still don't think V let us influence the story all that much, but in doing that it means the plot is less straightforward. Considering how much trouble we have deciding on the official endings and stuff, I think it's fine that the stories are linear. At least V allowed us to actually develop the Prince; I think that's what it did so well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: