Suikoden United and Informational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

So...sell me on Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's why I suggested for her to read the reviews in Gamefaqs, because most (if not all) reviews would give enough idea about the game without going into too much detail. Different reviews could also give her different point of views from those who like the game to those who dislike the game to those who consider the game so-so. By reading them, she could (hopefully) get the picture and decide which one she'd be most like.

But I honestly don't really think that the spoilers here would really affect that much unless she purpose memorize the information. I remember being spoiled before playing Suikoden III, but when I played it, I didn't really remember much about the spoiler. Playing the game would still give different experience compared to just reading the spoilers.

But yeah, I get what you mean. I think she could come back here and tell us (me) whether we (I) have just ruined her Suikoden experience or not. LoL. =D Apology in advance if I did. ^^;

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kekoa Alejandro

Reina Mia's Might

189444 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trust me, you do *not* need to worry about spoilers ruining anything for me. My memory is worthless, so most of it I will forget soon enough, and the rest won't interfere with my enjoyment of the game. Hearing about what happens is one thing - actually experiencing it is something completely different.

This series sounds increasingly interesting...! The political motivations, a selection of antagonists from various games that were completely human and quite probably sympathetic, the FACT THAT THERE ARE NO TOURNAMENTS, the size of the world and the ever increasing amoung of information about it and its cultures - yeah. This I can definitely appreciate. I'll be looking into getting Suikoden I, III and IV. Suikoden II, though, I won't be getting. I trust it's a great game, but I just don't spend over $100 dollars on a single video game.

That said, I will tolerate no insults toward Kefka as a villain. :P He may not have had the most understandable of reasons behind what he did (*is* there any sort of defensible or even remotely logical reason for what he did?), but he was pretty blasted insane from his infusion with magic. He was pretty revolutionary at the time in that he was a character you knew throughout the game, someone you butted heads with, someone who directly affected the lives of your characters, someone you grew to hate. That he first appears to be comic relief and little else and eventually becomes what amounts to a god of destruction...yah. Not all good villains need to be "normal"...

And no, I'm afraid Beyond the Beyond is not it. What's sad is, this game has excellent music, interesting characters, and (from what I can tell) a good storyline - but due to incomprehensibly bad gameplay, you *cannot get to these*. That may have been too big of a clue, but hey, I'll live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: