Suikoden United and Inspirational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your weapon of choice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven :It's name is Kusarigama. It's powerful though and scary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Klonoa Lunatea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably choose something unusual and probably difficult to use. There's no real reason for this other than the fact that I would rather stand out from the crowd and actually be trained spefically to use that weapon alone. This would probably make me useless if I was disarmed ^^;; but oh well.

Examples would probably be a Twin fans like Mai from King Of Fighters [gotta love her] , A whip like well... Lucia [no I can't think of any other examples] or maybe even something bizzare like an Anchor [like that little pirate girl from guilty Gear] give me something weird and interesting and I'm happy.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Twin Fans, huh? so something like cutie_bunnie's fans.

Guilty Gear has some of the most unusual weapons ever. I thought a pool cue as a weapon is a neat idea.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The pirate girl from Guilty Gear is May.
Klonoa Lunatea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*bows* Thank you O Game Guru for bestowing your wisdom on my forgetful game name brain. No but thanks Gaara I was about to call her Kuki. ^^
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're welcome. Well that mistake seems reasonable.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:
Raven :It's name is Kusarigama. It's powerful though and scary.

I read this book all about traditional Japanese weapons. This was excluding the katana, the yari or naginata. This was about the less known weapons, such as all the , tekken and kusari- weapons. In this book they also mentioned a jutte, or something like that, which was a spear with a cross-guard attached. The only place in the video game world which has any reference to this kind of spear would have to be in Samurai Shodown V, since it's Gaoh's weapon.

And the kusarigama they showed there, was not like the chain weapons i would have thought. It was a Kama with the chain attached to the head, not the tail. It wasn't made to be spun from the chain, but the chain was supposed to trap the opponent's weapon.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess my tongue is my favorite weapon of choice because I can use it in many ways... I'm not taking about licking someone so don't get a wrong idea about me, I can use it to cast magic spells (curse someone), use it to talk my way through things, use it to bore someone to death, or use it to annoy someone till they get crazy or run away from me.

If my tongue doesn't work then I can always use my teeth to bite someone :mrgreen: and believe me it worked in a lot of times in real life.

Being serious, I would much prefer to use a Rod to fight in battle.
Elizabeth Weir

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol I would like to use a ring like Sasarai did ,Tonfa ,rod or maybe bare hand...but a stick would do fine too...swords are nice too....duh...I can't made up my mind Ok I will settle it on TONFA! *hiks* bye bye Tonfa, roddy, sticky and swordy....
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would use a rings sasarai and Luc or a sword,staff and the normal stuff

Blaze Silven

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have two say I would use two scimitars. they have light blades with razor edges.
or until I die
Riou the Traitor

1338 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a pen,sometimes,pens are mightier than swords...if they be pirate pens, that are quite larrrge and sharp, savvy?
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's good about having long arms is that weilding weapons is a whole lots easier.

I like swords first and foremost, and would prefer a straight blade opposed to a katana, maybe like a Zatoichi, but even longer. Twin fencers (like S3 yuber) are a second choice, because I would like to use a fist/another weapon in my free hand.

Second are Spears/Naginatas/Polearms. I can swing them pretty fast and have learned some of the cool twirl manoeuvers.

But it'd be straight-blade sword in my right hand and a desert eagle pistol or a crossbow in my left. I'd be badass if I could ever make such a combo work for me.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always thought of a staff made out of the thoughest yet lightest material. Kind of like Jowy's and Tir's except that one side would have a slight blade (not a spear, and not one of those poking blade staffs I've seen some monks use). Sort of a unique weapon that I've really though could be of use to just about any fighter.

The true power would lie in the fact that it wouldn't be comprised of a single piece of material, but rather several thicker pipes getting thinner towards the end that were capable of contracting to fit beneath the arm like a medium size dagger.

It would have to be loaded with a spring contraction system that allows it to expand as soon as a switch is activated. The user would have to be careful not to release the switch at unwanted moments but it could be a good suprise attack. Sort of like Scorpion (of mortal kombat) with his lil harpoon thingy, except this would be more like a spear.........damn.....I really have to draw this thing sometime.

Basically I just tried coming up with this to incorporate power, speed of use, ability to cut and smash as well as the ability to block and attack at the same time and of course compact storage for suprise attacks. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if this kinda weapon is allowed but then again I've seen guns and motor engines as well as giant mirrors that burn everything in its path. :P
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just some minor corrections.

A Kusari-gama can come in many different forms as long as it includes a kama (scyth) and kusari (chains). I have seen various versions of this, including those who have the chains extending from the head or the butt of the kama. Some have two kamas on both end, while most of the time you have a "bundo" (weight) at the end.

Jutte is not a spear, but a non-bladed weapon that was mainly used by constables in the Edo period (1600~1868). It had a main shaft with a support joint which allowed the user to snare enemy weapons and disarm them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: