Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your weapon of choice?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: What is your weapon of choice? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very simple, really. What weapon would you feel most comfortable using? It doesn't have to be practical or effective in combat, it's just the weapon you'd see yourself most likely using.

Be specific as well. If you're going to use a gun, alright, but say what make and model you would prefer using. A sword? Well is it a katana, a broadsword?

Hell, even provide links to pics of your favorite weapon. Perhaps even secondary weapons and accessories you would want with you in combat. Also a reason for mentioning the things that you would take with you would be cool too.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonfa. I've actually had some since before Suikoden II. I just find them the most intuitive weapons to use, as I am more of a fist fighter. They are great for offense as well as defense, and are generally lighter than most swords.

Also I look just plain BAD ASS when I use them. I look pretty lame when I use my swords, as I don't know how to wield them properly and whatnot, but I am a master with my Tonfa.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My weapon of choice would be melted emmenthaler cheese, poured into my enemy's nostrils. Nothing is deadlier than that.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice to know the topic didn't start off with plain dull broadswords. Tonfas are pretty cool. Did you get professional training to learn how to use them?

Anyways, my weapon of choice is a sword/chain. The type of weapon Ivy from Soul Calibur uses or like Nash's Glosser Flux weapon.

Any body know the actual name of that type of weapon?
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt a weapon like that actually exists, as it would be incredibly difficult to wield, therefore, I don't think there is a formal name for it. Snake Sword or Ivy Blade are the only "names" I've ever seen for the weapon.

I'd actually have multiple weapons of choice. I would use katar (like Voldo's, but just one single blade, that would attach to a gauntlet of sorts) or a staff with a concealed blade.
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I need something blunt. Smashing is fun. There are many choices, but an aluminum bat would be the easiest to access, so I'll just stick with that one. Or a hammer. I have one of those too.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Head & Shoulders. That crap is the deadliest weapon you could find in a supermarket.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber wrote:
Nice to know the topic didn't start off with plain dull broadswords. Tonfas are pretty cool. Did you get professional training to learn how to use them?

Anyways, my weapon of choice is a sword/chain. The type of weapon Ivy from Soul Calibur uses or like Nash's Glosser Flux weapon.

Any body know the actual name of that type of weapon?

There is a Chinese martial arts weapon which has a dagger tip at the end of numerous sections (the sections itself are not bladed) which is the closest thing I know to a "snake sword." It is called a "Kau sin ke."

Nash's Grosser Fluss is probably impossible or very difficult to make and have the same effect as Nash. It would be nearly impossible to keep the sextiond blades from getting misaligned, and it would be impossible to adjust the length unless there's some sort of motor inside the hilt with some sort of gyroscopic adjuster--which is very expensive.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It would be nearly impossible to keep the sextiond blades from getting misaligned, and it would be impossible to adjust the length unless there's some sort of motor inside the hilt with some sort of gyroscopic adjuster--which is very expensive.

Not just very expensive, but it would defeat the whole purpose of being a medival traditional weapon, which means you might as well grab a bazooka...

My favourite weapon would be a Bo stick/staff. Yeah... Wacking is fun...

A wok and frying pan sounds attractive as well, and so does a ventroloquistic doll. Book belts are quite nice as well... Well, card hurling can also be fun...
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a reflex box; it can be used mounted or on foot, plus it takes less pull to draw.

barring that, a regular composite bow or a rapier, like augustine; i may have some troubles with learning the fencing, though-it requires grace and i'm pretty damned clumsy.

i'd possibly even go the chef's route; a cast iron skillet is an effective skull cracker....

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cast-iron is absurdly heavy, though. You might as well just swing around a rock the size of your head.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm always seen myself with that dual bladed spear thingy that Samanosuke has in Onimusha (or Jubei in Onimusha 2).

Think that weapon is really cool. Never seen something like that in reality but I am quite sure they exist.

Couldn't find any good screenshots of it though.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fine then, I'll just use a frying pan.... or a tissue box... They're always handy!
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, now it is my time to shine. I have written abouts so many different weapons and researched them I know so much.

For my favorite and weapon I would most likely use would be a katana which I would name Masamune (of course). My Masamune would look like this:

Masamune in total is 43 inches long and .5 inches thick. The blade itself is silver and slightly curved for the use of a draw style. The handle is covered by red and then black over the red which has slash like marks to reveal the slight amount of red. The Tsuba would be very small and golden. In conclusion this katana's full name would be Masamune "the forgotten one."

The sheath of Masamune would be purely black except for white lightning that surges along the sheath. The inside of the sheath is metallic.

The secondary weapons would be a swallow and a chain-scythe. The swallow would be totally straight and would be sharp on both sides with black handles. The chain-scythe would be well. . . a chain + a sythe. The chain would be chain colored (for those who don't know it is silver). And the scythe is also silver, but with a small handle which is black. (lots of black)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My weapon would be snot filled tissues, nothing more worse than a cold that gives you an headache. And then when the enemy sneezes, I pull a long sword and
"Off with his head." :twisted:
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: